Chapter 10: Mass Destruction
139 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“That was surprisingly uneventful.”

“What did you expect to happen, Evelyn?”

“Well, now that you ask, nothing really.”

Right now, I am drinking some tea with Izanagi at my dinner table, with the Ninja and Amaterasu in my living room playing games with Assassin. The meeting went by with no trouble, with Amaterasu introducing herself, the Ninja getting named, and everyone being happy.  The Ninja decided her name would be Kageko, after some consultation with her lover and some giggles. Like the other times, the moment I said her name, a thread came out and wrapped around her wrist. 

“By the way, what does her name mean? I saw you giving a little snicker when you heard it.”

“In the tongue of the land my daughter resides in, it means Shadow Child. A fitting name for a ninja, wouldn’t you say?”

“Yeah, that’s quite fitting. However, she’s nice for someone who supposedly lives in the dark. If Assassin were named that, I’d understand. Then again, I’d also understand if her name were Snake.” The Ninja, Kageko, was a rather shy person. When I went to open the door, I saw her hiding behind Amaterasu. She wore thigh highs, short shorts and a hoodie, looking like a completely normal person. The only hint to her being a ninja were the ninja mouth mask and multitude of kunais stashed away. Considering ninjas are stealthy, I guess she wears casual stuff to blend in. As for her partner, well Amaterasu has a foul mouth and is a bit vain, but she seems to have a good heart.

“Hmph. I told you I would be able to finish the level, easy peasy.”

“Took you 30 minutes though. For a shut-in, you sure are bad at games, huh.”

“Sh-shut it snake! Ko-chan is the one here who plays the games! I’d rather read my novels or manga!”

“D-don’t worry A-chan. I think you’re good at games! You have the skills, I’m sure.”

Quite a peaceful day, all things considered. I sure thought something would happen.

“You know Eve. You should never say those kinds of things.”

“But I said nothing, Mori.”

“You thought it, and in this world, that’s like saying it.”

Right after Mori said that, something crashed through the roof and another thing crashed through the window door to my backyard. Dust and debris flew everywhere, almost as if the wind was intentionally screening the two beings.

“Hahaha! It seems like you’re out of your little hidey-hole back in Takamagahara sis. Oh, and look who’s here too. Hey there, pops.”

“Hmm… there seem to be many powerful people here.”

“Haha. Don’t worry, besides my sister and father, there shouldn’t be anyone to worry about.”

Once the dust settled, two large figures were facing us. One was a man with an aura of a violent storm, green lightning going off everywhere around him. He wore pure black samurai armour minus the helmet, black spiky hair here moving with the wind he seemingly generated, and there were green glowing lines going everywhere along his armour, visible skin and hair except for his face, which housed his deep green eyes with an iris that spun like a hurricane. The other was a completely white suit of armour ripped completely from sci-fi. There was no visible sign that it was human other than the black hair flowing from the back of its head. In its right hand was a glimmering odachi that gave off a cursed feeling. The figure stood calmly, contrasting the other person’s fidgety state, looking like he was itching for a fight. Whilst the black figure’s voice had power in it, the white figure’s voice sounded synthetic.

“Tch. An annoyance has found their way here.”

“For a sun Goddess, you sure do like acting cold towards me, huh sis.”

“Well, considering how you’re selfish and self-centred, of course I’d be cold.”

“Now you’re just hurting my feelings.”

“Susanoo, I do not believe now is the time for bickering.”

“You’re right samurai, right now is the time for battle.”

Immediately after saying that, the black figure dashed in front of Amaterasu and punched her down towards the ground, making a hole so deep no sign of Amaterasu, even with her aura of light, could be seen. “Samurai, I’ve got my dad and sis, so you take care of the rest.” And with that, the black figure approached Izanagi.

The white figure approached me. “Greetings, Evelyn. I see you are awake and have gathered some of your avatars. Let us see if you can keep up.” It rushed towards, preparing a slash.

“Nope. Not gonna let that slide.” Appearing from my shadow came Assassin, who blocked the slash with two daggers. “You know, it was my turn on the game, right, and you just had to ruin it.”

Jumping above Assassin and I was Kageko, who landed behind the white figure and proceeded to stab at her back with a kunai.

“Hmph. Too slow.” The white figure parried with her armoured left arm then punched Kageko away towards a table.

“Uh… let’s hope this works. I call forth the Witch!” Upon saying that, May appeared above us riding a broomstick. “Hey May, blast this fool.”

“Got it, mama!” Holding her arm towards the white figure, a magic circle appeared in front of her. 

“Hmm… that seems like trouble.” The white figure retreated to the black figure, who seemed to be losing to Izanagi and Amaterasu, who had just climbed back up. “We are outnumbered Susanoo. I believe we should retreat.”

“Haha. No, I have a better idea.” Suddenly, a small tornado appeared around both the Samurai and Susanoo, and when it dispersed, both Susanoo and the Samurai were gone.

“Hey, mama, who were those two?”

“No idea, but you and your daughter seem to be connected. An estranged family member Izanagi?”

“That was Susanoo, a son of mine.”

“He’s also a jerk who, thankfully, was banished from Takamagahara. I was wondering what he was doing on Earth, but it turns out he was waiting for me, huh.”

Before we could continue talking, a large storm appeared above my house. Elizabeth, who had gone with May to the park earlier, came back to the house.

“Master, a stage 5 hurricane just randomly appeared and May disappe- oh, that’s where she is. Anyway, continuing with the first thing, there’s a stage 5 hurricane. Moving real fast and a bit weird. Good thing we’re in the eye of it.”

Outside, there was indeed a hurricane. A hurricane that was eating up whole houses and trees, however it was suspiciously wasn’t moving, staying stationary. The hurricane also had lightning that left craters in the ground and thunder with soundwaves that cut apart anything caught in its winds.

“Hey, Izanagi, Amaterasu, what is Susanoo the god of?”

Together, with a hint of panic, they both said, “Storms.”

Here's a chapter, and also suddenly a conflict. I wasn't going to do this originally, but then again, I wasn't planning to have Chaos and Kraken being a thing, Elizabeth being a pervert or that chapter that had the word roundtable in every single sentence. These things just happen. I feel like whenever I'm typing up a chapter, my mind goes into autopilot and ignores all the things I planned. This is also my first time doing a fight scene, so I hope you guys like it. I'm not really confident with fight scenes since although I can imagine it, I can't put it into words.

So anyway, storms, huh. I was going to name this chapter Song of Storms, but then I decided that since Izanagi is this arc's Roundtable focus, I'd make every chapter a Persona song. Well, one of them isn't planned to have a Persona song thing, but that's because it's part of one of the long term things I planned that I actually planned on sticking to.

Anyway, I know I've talked about the cover in my Author's Note a lot, but I think it has grown on me. So for those who dislike it, unfortunately, it's here to stay.

5