Chapter 11: I’ll Face Myself
120 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Although we were tucked safely inside the eye of the storm, it seemed like the storm itself was slowly closing in, with us dead set in the centre.

“Where did that no good brother of mine go?! He interrupted my lovey-dovey game time with Ko-chan, and for that, he should pay!”

“Calm down, A-chan. It’s alright, we can always do this again some other time. We have all the time in the world, don’t we?”

“Your fiance is right there, daughter. We must calm down. Getting angry over his actions will solve nothing.”

“Yeah, that’s right. But first, where is Susanoo and that Samurai?”

“Oh, I know where they are mom.”

“Assassin, please stop calling me mom.”

“Nah, don’t feel like it.”

“Haa… then at least tell me where they are.” 

Assassin pointed her finger up through the hole in the roof Susanoo made during his entrance. “They’ve got their own little floating island above us.”

“Once I get up there, I’m going to beat his skull in. Not only did he ruin today, but he’s also ravaging the land where Ko-chan lived!”

“D-don’t worry, A-chan, I’ve got your back!”

“You two, calm down. I have a feeling that Samurai is actually an avatar of mine. Because of that, Kageko, you stay here with Amaterasu, and I’ll go up there with Izanagi.”

“Why is that mother-in-law?”

“Because it’s a parent’s job to sort out their children.”

“You’re really getting into the whole mother gig, huh Eve.”

“S-shut up Mori! Izanagi, get ready. We’re going soon.”

“Soon? Why delay our departure?”

“Well, I want May to teach me some spells. Specifically Teleportation.”


Izanagi and I were on top of my house, Izanagi with his spear ready at hand, and me making a magic circle that’ll teleport us to a place directly above us. A specific spell that conveniently helps us today. “Hey Mori, take good care of them!” 

“Ya got it, honey!”

“S-shut it! We’re going now, Izanagi.”

Mori was staying because she’d instantly kill both Susanoo and the Samurai, which is something both me and Izanagi don’t want. She is Death, after all. 

The magic circle glowed brightly, then suddenly Izanagi and I appeared above the island, then landed with a thud. Upon landing, the Samurai and Susanoo were right in front of us. The Samurai stood completely still, staring directly at us, almost as if it were doing an analysis, with their weapon sheathed. Susanoo, on the other hand, was looking at the storm, his back towards us.

“Do you like it, father?”

“This abomination of nature? This monstrous storm? The very thing destroying homes and killing innocents? If that is what you are referring to, then no. I despise it.”

“Heh. Then you know what I feel for you.” He suddenly turned around, stomping his foot and causing cracks in the island to do so. “But enough with feelings. I’ve had more than enough time to share them.” He lifted his heads towards the blackened sky as the storm quickly wrapped around the island. “I am the Raging Storm! I am the Violent Sea! MY NAME IS TAKEHAYA SUSANOO-NO-MIKOTO! MY ROAR CAUSES STORMS, AND MY FISTS MOVES OCEANS!” He faced Izanagi. “The end has come.” With that, Susanoo tackled Izanagi, causing both to fall into the storm, the unforgiving winds completely swallowing both figures.


“I guess that leaves us.”

“You seem quite calm for this situation.”

“The same could be said about you, Samurai. Although I have a feeling, that’s not who you are. You’re an avatar of mine, aren’t you?”

“Hmph. Took you a while to figure it out.”

“Well, you’re wearing a futuristic suit of armour. Give me a break, Swordsman.”

The figure took off her helmet, revealing a girl behind the mask, who, just like the rest of my avatars, had my face with different coloured irises, deep silver in Swordsman’s case. “I’ve always wondered why my callout was Swordsman.”

“Well, Swordswoman didn’t sound as good, to be honest. Although I like the new look.”

“Thank you. But enough with the pleasantries. We are not here to talk after all.” She unsheathed her sword.

“You going to do an introduction like your friend?”

“As expected of the Slayer of Monsters, calm even when in front of an armed enemy. Although it is embarrassing, I will indeed do one of those introductions like Susanoo did. I find it helps me prepare for battle by pumping me up.”

“Go ahead then.” Although it would be better to attack her during her introduction, I can only really borrow May’s abilities due to my lack of avatars. Elizabeth’s move set is unusable in this situation, I haven’t named Assassin yet, I didn’t ask Kageko about her abilities, nor do I know if Phoebe’s abilities work outside the Dreamrealm. Simply put, I’m hoping I can stall long enough for Izanagi to beat his son then come help me. Although May’s Domain essentially allows me to be a cheat magician, I never really bothered learning any magic since all my avatars could do it for me.

“I am the White Void! I am the co-” Before she even finished, she suddenly slashed behind her, dispersing a rising shadow. 

Right after that, Assassin appeared next to me. “Hoo boy, that was close. You almost killed me and committed copyright infringement.”

“Assassin?!”

“Hey, mom. Figured you’d need help. After all, you’re not at your peak, and also, you’re rusty. Don’t worry, though. Your second favourite daughter has got this in the bag.”

“Hmm… Assassin, you seem considerably more powerful than before.”

“And you’ve certainly changed Swordie. Or should I say Sam now?”

“Still as annoying as ever, huh. I’m surprised you came here instead of ditching us again.”

“Hey, I didn’t want to ditch you guys. Plus, mom here seems like she can’t fight you, so I’ll fight in her stead.”

“Huh? I can definitely fight Assassin.”

“No, you can’t.”

“I can fight, Mara.” As expected, a thread exited my chest and wrapped around Assassi- no, Mara’s wrist. “Well, right now, I can fight.” To show I could, I conjured up a pair of daggers made of my shadow. “Sure, I barely borrowed from May, but when it came to you guys, it’s a whole different story.”

“You know what, mom. Take the stage. It’s all yours.” And with that, Mara sunk into my shadow. However, she quickly popped her head out, “Don’t worry, Sammy, I’m not going to backstab you. Probably,” then went back in again.

With preparedness to fight, I faced the Swordsman. An avatar of mine, a creation of my Divinity, a part of me.

Suddenly, a chapter. I'm quite proud of this one, and unlike Nightmare Battle, expect a proper battle this time. In fact, I'll also say the next chapter's name to somewhat hype you guys up. It's going to be Duel In The Darkened Sky. Cool name, huh. Final boss themes for games sure are convenient when you have a song name motif in your chapter names. Too bad it isn't the name of a song from Persona.

To be honest, I was going to actually focus on the whole Kageko/Amaterasu thing then shoehorn in Samurai/Swordsman in somehow, but then a brilliant idea about Susanoo, who is, in my opinion, one of the more interesting Shinto gods, came to my mind. Unfortunately, I had already done a bit for the Kageko/Amaterasu thing, so, unfortunately, those plans were thrown away. Oh well, I could always write a side chapter about them.

I also completely changed the synopsis. Although the old one did kind of tell what this story was about, I also wrote it when I was sleep-deprived and had no idea where I would go with this story. Now that I have a proper idea, I changed it to better reflect the story now.

5