Chapter 12: Duel In The Darkened Sky
113 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“HAHAHA! You know, father, there’s no fucking way you’re going to beat me here! This is my Domain! This is my world! You can’t do shit, and I’ll teach you why!” Spiralling through the storm that was violence incarnate were Susanoo and Izanagi. Susanoo was belittling his father whilst dealing a barrage of punches infused with the green lightning strikes within this anomalous hurricane.

“If it is the safety of others and my honour, then even if I am disadvantaged, I will defeat you, son.” Izanagi, although clearly not in his element, was deflecting the punches Susanoo threw at him. The pressure waves that came from the two’s fighting brought nothing but destruction for anything unlucky enough to be caught in the storm but was somehow still intact.

“I’ve always hated that goody-two-shoes act of yours. It’s the reason why I was banished. Or was it that you hated me, who wanted to see mother? Either way, I still hate you. I mean, you accepted Amaterasu’s shut-in ways and Tsukuyomi’s tendency to disregard his responsibilities, but my fucking cries were too far, huh?”

“Your banishment was a mistake of a less mature past of mine. I now recognize I should not have thrown you away, so what can I do to remedy our relationship?”

“HAHAHAHA!!!” Susanoo voices cackled, which caused the storm to grow even more violent. He then stopped his attack on Izanagi, faced him directly and calmly said, “Nothing.”

With his fist above his head, Susanoo beckoned the hurricane’s winds and lightning to come to his side. Lightning struck his fist and took the shape of a spear, and the unforgiving winds of the storm coiled around the spear. Izanagi readied himself for the blow as the wind kept him in place. However, he didn’t expect the spear to absorb Divinity from Susanoo, Divinity that took a form Izanagi recognized as his polar opposite. Divinity energy used by those with the Domain of Destruction.


In front of me stood the Swordsman, odachi in one hand, and her other on an unsheathed sword that looked battered and used but still as sharp as its peak. Her silver eyes were locked onto me, waiting for me to make a move. 

“I see you kept your old longsword.”

“It means a lot to me, as it is the sword I was born with and used for my very short life.”

“Surprised you’re not using it anymore.”

“Unfortunately, in its current state, it is unusable. I may be the Swordsman, but I am no smith. I say I am the Swordsman, but that's false too. For as we speak, I am now the Samurai.”

“I see. Well, enough with the small talk. Here I come, Samurai.”

“Then come.”

With that, I jumped up high in the air. In response to this, the Samurai lifted her blade above.

“Sorry, but air attacks are a bit too predictable.”

“Eh, wasn’t my plan.” I landed in front of the Samurai, but far enough that her weapon couldn’t reach. However, instead of landing on the ground, I sunk into its shadow. Thankfully the storm that surrounded this island made it very dark.

“Surprise ambushes. You fight dirty.” I popped up behind her, slashing with a dagger. Almost immediately, my dagger was fended off by the armour she wore. “Thankfully, my armour cannot be penetrated by your weapon.”

Once again, I sunk into the shadow. The armour covered her neck to toe, with the only place not exposed being her head since she threw away her helmet. The thing is that it’ll kill her if I stab her there. Well, the fact I could sink into the shadows gave me enough information for what I wanted to do next. After all, I could borrow my avatars abilities, couldn’t I?

Before I could continue to ponder, the Samurai pressed a button on her suit, which led to light being emitted from her, leading to me having to come out of the shadows.

“Darn. Didn’t see that coming.”

“I did not see you using dirty tactics coming either. So now we’re even.”

“I guess. But not for long. The Maid’s Broom!” A broom appeared in my hand. I added in the little chant for theatrics. Theatrics go a long way in a one-on-one fight with another person.

“A broom. What will you do with that?”

“This.” I spun it around almost as if it were staff, then took a battle stance with it.

“Is this a trick to lower my defence? Unfortunately, it does not seem to be working.” Samurai still held her sword up in front of her, also taking a battle stance.

“Well, I lied. This is supposed to lower your guard.” I swept the ground with the broom, creating a dust cloud. “Ninja vanish!” With that, I vanished.

“Ambush tactics again? Did you forget what happened last ti-” She tilted her head, dodging my claw attack that went straight for her. “An opening!” In response, she slashed across my arm, cutting it off.

Immediately I grabbed my arm and attached it back to my body. It was almost as if I wasn’t cut at all.

“Impossible!” She proceeded to slash across my waist, but like earlier, it was fruitless. I grabbed my legs whilst midair and reattached myself. 

“Sorry, Samurai, but I’ve won this time!” With that, I slashed directly across her chest. It caught her off guard, and she fell in shock. However, there was no wound at her at all.

From behind, my true self came from her shadow and put a dagger against her neck.

“H-how?!”

“Simple. A Sword user’s worst nightmare would be someone who can regenerate from their wounds, right? And you want to know an avatar I got recently? The Nightmare. After that ninja vanish, I sunk into the shadows while I let a cognitive version of me distract you.”

“I-I see. In that case, I have clearly lost. I concede.”

“Huh. See, I told you, Mara, I could fight.”

“Cool, but we got bigger problems.”

With a sudden bang, something landed on the island. It was Izanagi, impaled by a spear.

“Heh. It seems you lost, Samurai. Guess I’m going to have to dispose of you both.”

From the sky came Susanoo, descending upon us two. Around him surrounded a huge black aura that destroyed everything that came into contact with it.

“Well then, Samurai, I’m going to name you, then we’re going to fight. Got it?”

“Couldn’t we name me after?”

“The earlier, the better, okay, Sam.” A thread came out and wrapped around Sam’s wrist.

“Sam? Couldn’t you have come up with something better?” Sam then looked at Susanoo. “Actually, I like Sam. Hey Susanoo!”

“What, weakling?!”

“Show me a good time!”

“HAHAHA! Sure.”

Here's the new chapter. As per usual, inconsistent release time, but whatever. At first, I worried about it, but now I really don't care, since I'm really only doing this for fun. By the way, have I ever mentioned this is basically my first time writing a story? If not, then it is. I think I'm doing alright, considering it's my first time, but mostly in the grammar section. As for the actual story, I have some gripes with it, but that's more because I'm the author, and an author's worst critic is themselves.

The end for Izanagi's arc is coming, and I felt like I should actually come up with actual names for the arcs. So I came up with names. The chapters that feature the Roundtable, in the beginning, is the Roundtable arc, and Sandman's arc can be the Dreamrealm arc. As for this one,  I guess call it the Takamagahara arc or something.

In other news, chapters might come out slowly in the next 2-3 weeks. I have some school assignments to do that I keep forgetting exists, so I'm going to get on it. I'll try to write some chapters in that time, but don't expect the daily releases I'm currently doing. After the school assignments, it will be chapter galore. If I don't have writer's block or something. Or get distracted by jetpack samurais again.

5