Chapter 13: Hakaishin
114 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Once again, I AM THE RAGING STORM!” The storm's lightning became much more fierce, breaking apart entire houses and the concrete roads caught within the hurricane’s winds.

“I AM THE VIOLENT SEA!” Heavy rain started coming down from above, with the raindrops becoming one with the hurricane and the lightning bolts travelling between the water bodies that were forming.

“MY NAME IS TAKEHAYA SUSANOO-NO-MIKOTO!!!” The floating island shook as the winds of the hurricane sped up, the debris caught amongst it colliding at a more fierce rate than before, mixing in with the lightning and raindrops, causing a weird layered combination of earth, water, electricity and wind.

“EVERYTHING SHALL BE BROUGHT DOWN BY MY ROAR!!!” Susanoo’s cries brought every single thing above himself, besides the hurricane he controlled, below him.

“I SHALL CRUSH EVERYTHING BENEATH MY HEEL!!!” Susanoo stomped his foot down on the island floor, breaking it into two pieces.

“And I shall start with you three.” He pointed towards Sam and I. “Come out, shadow walker, I know you’re here.”

“Dang nabbit. Thought I’d be allowed to stay down there.”

“Hmph. Just a shady snake.” He summoned a sword made out of the hurricane that surrounded us. “Die.” He slashed, sending a wave of wind mixed with lightning towards us. Mara sunk into the shadows while Sam and I jumped over the energy wave. Since Susanoo was on a different piece of the island, we had to jump from debris piece to debris piece. Ahead of us, Mara popped out of Susanoo’s shadow.

“Take this! Shadow Blade!” Out of Susanoo’s shadow came an entirely black blade. With it, Mara swung it at Susanoo’s back. 

“Futile attempt.” Without turning to her, Susanoo grabbed the blade with a hand, then crushed it with his grip. “If you continue holding back, I’ll crush you. Well, even if you go full power, I will still crush you.” Susanoo grabbed Mara by the neck, then threw her at us. 

Jumping ahead of me, Sam caught Mara. “Do you have a plan?” 

“Uh… no, you Mara?”

“I was kind of hoping I’d one-shot him with that.”

“I didn’t want it to come to this, but I guess it will. I will use the self-destruct protocol.”

With a blank face, both Mara and I looked at Sam. 

“Self destruct?! Are you crazy?!”

“We’re not that desperate!”

“Do not worry, as it will only be the suit self-destructing.”

“But you’re wearing the suit.”

“Not for long, although I will need time to configure the suit so that it goes directly for Susanoo.”

“Fine then.”

“Got it.”

With that, Mara and I continued approaching Susanoo while Sam went and hid behind us.

“You have an idea on how we’re going to buy time, mom?”

“Throw stuff at him whilst running around.”

“You do know there’s barely any land to run on, right?”

“But there are a lot of shadows.”

Popping in and out of the shadows that littered the debris everywhere, thanks to the storm Susanoo made, Mara and I threw countless attacks. I used magic circles to conjure up fireballs, a spell that May taught me earlier today, while Mara attacked using a sniper rifle she had in her supposed ‘Dark Storage.’

“Since when did you have a sniper rifle?”

“Since when did you use magic?”

“Well, I’m an assassin, and we use snipers.”

“May taught me earlier.”

“Maybe I should get May to teach me some magic.”

“Don’t you already know magic?”

“Yeah, I do.”

“ARGH!!! Enough with the chatter!” With that roar from Susanoo, the smaller pieces of debris were destroyed, while the bigger pieces split into smaller pieces. 

“Aww… does Susan want to talk too?” Mara popped up below Susanoo and dragged him halfway into his own shadow.

“This will not stop me!” The ground completely split apart, and Susanoo took to the skies.

“Ninja Caltrops! Maid Knives! Nightmare Sheep! Countless Swords! Elemental Balls!” I threw out countless random things that I could summon due to my connection with my avatar, with each item weaponizing the storm that Susanoo was flying within against him. Balls of caltrops prickled him, numerous knives scraped him, countless swords went through him, sheep that induced nightmares made him scream, and balls of fire, water, earth and other elements flew into him. It did some damage, most of the items either missed or were destroyed by his aura. It did do a good job of distracting him though.

“Heh, let me add to the dumpster fire. Open Storage!” From there came countless weapons, from modern-day pistols to medieval shortswords, corpses of fantasy monsters like goblins or kobolds, and a shit ton of gold. 

“That is a lot of stuff, Mara.”

“I did go to another world.”

“I forgot about that.”

“We literally talked about it yesterday morning.”

“By the way, do you really need to add the gold to the storm?”

“Nope, but I thought it’d be funny.”

“I don’t understand your definition of funny.”

“I’ve finished doing the configurations. Brace yourself!” Upon saying that, a glimmering white suit of armour flew towards Susanoo, completely covering him from head to toe, and started glowing a deep red.

“Here’s the finishing touch!” Before the suit exploded, I put a magic circle under Susanoo, and once it glowed, the suit and Susanoo disappeared.

In the background, from far above, we heard an explosion.


“Guess that means we have won.”

“Hey Sam, you sure that would have defeated him?”

“Considering the other three suits that self-destructed managed to beat Gods before, I believe that was enough to defeat Susanoo.”

“That wasn’t your first self-destruction? Also, how were you expecting us to survive with how close he was to us?”

“There were others who had donned a suit similar to mine. As for the second question… well… I didn’t quite think of that.”

“So we almost died. Good thing I got May to teach me that Teleportation magic.”

“I’ve just realised this, mom, but wasn’t he the one powering this storm?”

“Now that you mention it, I thi- AHHH!!!” The debris we found ourselves standing on fell. It fell hard.

And here's the start and end of that fight. I think it came out alright for my first true action scene, but hopefully, the next one will better. It took me a while to write this chapter, but that's mostly because I was distracted by manga. I wanted to release at a normal time, unlike the chapter I released before, but oh well. Better now than never, I suppose.

I might try writing a side chapter for the Kageko/Amaterasu duo, although I don't know if I'd be able to. I could also attempt to write another Roundtable chapter. However, in truth, I'd like to make a relaxing chapter, where all I do is focus on Evelyn's new everyday life with her household of increasing children.

I don't know why, but I have this fixation on making my Author's Notes three paragraphs, but the thing is, I never know what to talk about in the third paragraph, so pretend I put something meaningful here. Oh, I know. 'Hakaishin', the title of this chapter, is a reference to the song 'Hakaishin' from the Blazblue: Central Fiction soundtrack. It's the theme of unlimited Susanoo in that game. There's actual depth in my reference for once. Woohoo!

4