Trial 38: Rias’ Peerage (II)
1k 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Akeno got a bit curious about this, she stepped to the side and let Koneko enter. After closing the door, she followed Koneko.

Koneko entered the rather lively living room with a calm expression. On the couch set in the center of the room, a crimson-haired girl playing with a handheld console in her hands, it was more like she was trying to break it from her vigor.

Beside her sat a boy with short blonde hair. His blue eyes quietly stared at the television.

"I lost again!" The crimson-haired girl slammed the gaming device on the couch. She paused when she noticed Koneko, and with a playful smile, she beckoned her to come closer.

Koneko walked over and stopped before the couch. "Rias-san, a powerful individual is in Kuoh…"

Rias's eyes turned sharper in a moment as if her previous playful attitude was a facade. "Who is it? Were you able to smell his race, and how powerful are they?"

The blonde boy reluctantly picked up the remote to switch off the television and turned to Koneko with a solemn expression. Akeno took a seat on Rias's left.

"A tall boy with light short ash-blonde… I couldn't sense his race… but he was powerful… even more than you," Kenoko said in a monotone voice.

Rias leaned her back on the couch. The description certainly reminded her of the boy she met in Underworld, but his power should be low-level. Was he someone else?

“Was he handsome?"

Koneko thought back to her encounter with the boy, and unconsciously nodded her head. Even she, who was mostly uninterested in the opposite gender, could tell he was certainly handsome.

"Rias, you do have an idea about this person, right?" Akeno asked when she noticed her friend lost in thought.

Rias nodded her head and grabbed the handheld, which also functioned as her phone. She dialed the number of another friend of hers. After a long ring, someone answered the phone.

"Hello, Sona. Are you enjoying your days in Kuoh?"

"Oh, Rias-san?" Surprisingly, what asked this was a male voice. Her confusion didn't last long. "I'm Hiro. Sona is taking a shower for now."

'He really in here in Kuoh and their relationship is already this close!?' She thought and sighed. Her friend was going too fast.

"Okay, Hiro. Tell Sona about me when she is free."

"No problem. Is there anything else you need?"

"No, nothing for now, then I'll see you later."

"Alright." A small beep followed his words. She placed the phone on the couch and closed her eyes.

'His power should be a Low-Class at best a Middle-Class, not any higher than that. Were Grayfia's senses wrong about it?'

She would have passed this off as a joke if it was someone other than Koneko who informed her about this. This girl's loyalty was unquestionable, and her senses, even if her race is sealed, shouldn't be wrong.

The hand patting her thigh halted her thoughts. Akeno's serious expression made her release a sigh.

"Rias, what happened?"

"Nothing, our days in Kuoh might not be as dull as I thought," She replied, and her lips curled in a mysterious smile.

"Rias-sama?"

"Nothing, Yuuto. I forgot to tell you that the Kuoh academy will be going co-ed in a few days, and our new house will be the old school building, which will be called 'Occult Research Club' from now on." She paused and shook her head. "Dear Sona used her influence for something ridiculous."

Yuuto nodded his head. "Will I also be joining the middle-school division?"

"Why did Sona-san use her family's influence on this?"

Rias's head swayed from side to side. "That's what I wish to know. Sona never exerted her influence in the Underworld. For her to go this far in the Human World, I can only think of one reason..."

Akeno pinched the soft thighs with her hand. "Rias, stop being so mysterious and tell us."

"Ouch, Akeno, I won't tell. Have some patience, and You'll find it on your own." Rias crossed her hands over her chest. "Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet."

The random quote brought a smile on Akeno's face. Albeit a bit crazy at times, Rias was the friend who was always here for her when she needed her. Be it her safety, or during 'those' times.

*Bzzzt!*

She picked up her buzzing phone and checked the message.

"I just received a message from the Academy. They are really closing for three days…"

"See, originally, it was supposed to be done two or three years later, but Sona pulled strings behind to pull this even closer."

As they chatted, Koneko and Yuuto quietly stayed on the side and switched on the television.

I apologize for slow updates. I'll release regularly from next week.

16