Trial 41: School life (I)
733 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hiro watched the unknown cartoon on television while feeding origin candies to Ophis on his lap. She ate them with a hardly noticeable smile, but it was there, on her face. Her emotions truly improved albiet by a very little margin.

Kuroka silently sat on his side also watching the cartoon. Vali and Bikou were nowhere to be seen, possibly training to challenge him for the team leader position. With the candies, he coaxed Kuroka into telling Vali's past.

And after listening to it, he was a bit sympathetic to the half-devil. Vali had no one when his grandfather and father hurt him for having both Longinus, Divine dividing and Lucifer lineage, calling him monster as such. Honestly, Vali wasn’t less than a monster when it came to strength.

Now he felt a bit bad for snatching the seat of leader when he did nothing to earn it.

“Kuroka, say sorry to Vali from me.” He stared into Kuroka’s eyes. “Tell him I’m always open to welcome his challenge.”

Kuroka stiffened from his sudden attitude change. She quickly regained her composure and nodded her head. “Okay. Not for free, nya~”

Hiro released a deep sigh. Even this cat wanted to threaten him now. “Five.”

“Make it ten, nya~”

“...Alright.”

Ophis tilted her head up. “Hiro. I, need more.”

He quietly stuffed a candy in her open mouth.

‘Why do I feel I am slowly taming them? It’s entirely my imagination.’

[Calculati-]

‘Shut up!’

[...]

Although he wanted to inquire about white-haired Nekomata from Kuroka, he stifled his curiosity and decided to ask Sona everything related to this white Nekomata.

Kuroka and her had a very similar smell which can only mean one thing.

They were related to each other in some way.

He checked the clock planted on the wall. Two hours had passed since he came here and he was dying to know the results of Tsuki and Sona’s meeting.

He took out a dozen candies from his sumatofone’s inventory and gave them to the hungry duo before directly appearing in Sona’s room.

And he froze as his wide-eyes stared at the scene here. Tsuki was humming a pleasant tune as she read something while sitting on Sona’s lap. Sona was stroking his hair with a delicate smile. Their intimacy made them appear similar to siblings.

Of all the things he had expected, this one wasn’t on his list.

“Hiro! Come read this manga with us!” Tsuki called out after she noticed him. “This is so amazing. This guy also has a harem.”

“Yeah, this manga is very interesting.” Sona lifted her chin with a slightly smug smile as if showing off her success.

He gave a half-shrug and sat beside them. For the rest of the day, three of them read the manga in Sona’s collection.

---

Just like this, three days passed by.

Hiro trained every day with Brynhildr. Spear, Sword, and bow, he practiced all three of them. As for Fenrir fangs and other weapons, they were only useful for hunting.

Sona and Tsuki never told him what happened at their meeting. However, he couldn’t wish for more when he saw both of them getting along so well.

And today, he was standing in front of a mirror, fixing the black ribbon on the collar. After he finished, he once again examined himself in the mirror.

He was wearing a short-sleeved shirt with a vertical lining pattern, and black pants paired with brown.

It was the summer dress of Kuoh Academy, the school he enrolled for having too much free time.

“I hope the girls there don't disturb me too much,” he grumbled and released a deep sigh.

*Creak~*

The door opened, and Sona entered. She was wearing a similar white shirt with a button-down corset on her waist and a magenta skirt with white accents.

When paired with her smile, the uniform gave her a rather refreshing and lively look instead of an intellectual one.

Sona blushed when she sensed Hiro’s gaze on her body. She also took a moment to evaluate him. The shirt she chose for him nicely accentuated his well-toned body, his one of a kind ash-blonde hair was rather messy.

‘Geez, as always, he looks stupidly handsome without even trying.’

She fixed the unruly bangs and smiled.

“Perfect.”

Hiro smiled and leaned closer to sneak a kiss. Sona closed her eyes. Just as their lips were about to touch…

“Hiro! Let's go!!!”

Both of them coughed simultaneously and turned toward the door where Tsukiha was standing in Kuoh’s academy uniform. Her energetic smile caused the couple to show a smile of their own.

“Tsuki, let's get going. Believe me you won’t ever want to get late on your first day.”

Hiro exited the room and found Tsubaki and Momo, both of them wearing the same Kuoh academy’s uniform.

It felt a bit awkward to be the sole boy in the group of beautiful girls.

‘I’m gonna get targeted by their suiters. On a second thought, let them come and face my wrath.’

Since school wasn’t much far from here, they opted for a short walk. Sona actually had a car of her own, but she didn’t wish to show off.

Besides, the steady calm winds and soft golden sunlight created perfect weather for the first day at school.

Their group attracted a bit too much attraction. Every passing eye just stared at them, some even took pictures as if they were idols.

Sona smiled calmly while walking on his side. Tsuki, well, she greeted all of them with a lively smile. Momo, the daughter of a rich businessman, only frowned otherwise said nothing. Lastly, Tsubaki had a polite smile which twitched at the corners, showing her irritation.

He acted indifferent to the appraising gazes from girls and arrived at the Kuoh Academy. Not many students were at this time since they were half an hour early.

“Hiro, I’ll meet you at lunch.”

“Bye, Sona!”

He merely waved his hands at Sona and took Tsuki to the middle-school division located right to the high school.

“Hiro, do you like me?”

He turned to the girl who dropped a bomb out of nowhere. Her eyes had a hint of hesitation after asking the question.

He clasped her hand and stared at the entry gate. The question came a bit later than he expected. As he was already prepared for this, he answered without hesitation.

“Yes, I like you.”

“Hiro!”

“O-Oi, don’t jump at me here.” He quickly patted her head to calm her down. “Let’s talk about this after school.”

“Okay, Hiro… Thank you…”

He nodded while ignoring the heated gazes of the students around and stepped inside the school.

Thus began the first day of Hiro’s school life...

21