Trial 45: Invitation?
775 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before going home, Hiro grabbed Hilde who seemed busy scolding a boy confessing to her.

"Hiro-sa— Shinsei-san, what happened?"

He pressed a finger on his lips, or she might have spilled the beans to the bald student standing in front of him.

"You are dismissed and never repeat this on any other teacher." She severely scolded the student, who nodded repeatedly.

After the student left, Hiro approached the woman going through her rebellious period.

"Hey, how about I ask Tiamat to extend your maid service?"

Her panicky eyes darted everywhere in the room. She sighed and hung her head. "... I am sorry… I won't do it again."

Hiro's lips twitched. He found it hard to stop himself from breaking into laughter. This woman's meek act seemed hilarious.

"Okay, you are forgiven. Then, let's go to our home in Kuoh."

"Why do I feel he is taming me?" She murmured as she placed the stack of papers inside the locker. 

'That's your imagination…' He thought and chuckled.

"Hiro-sama. When will you start the peerage? I want to fight stronger opponents in rating games!"

"I need to be a high-Class devil first." He replied. "I might need to clean up my past before that..."

Getting promoted didn't just require brute strength. The so-called higher-ups wanted military merits or raising one's popularity through rating games. Brute strength might work if you have the power to wreck the ass of every Devil including Satans.

This was the reason Sona wanted him in her peerage. To raise his rank and then confess to him, or so he speculated.

"What?"

He shook his head at her confused stare. "Nothing."

She hugged his left hand with a grin. "Hiro-sama already has two fiances. My dreams for a happy love life shattered before taking a single step."

Hearing her mischievous voice, he wanted to retort, but it might be rude to insult a single woman in her thirties. He silently paid his respect to Elans' knowledge and saw the door opening.

"Hiro! Why are you taking so long— Am I disturbing you two?"

Hiro flinched, and Hilde jumped back. Sona sharply stared at the two of them.

He moved toward Sona and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"You know, I was thinking maybe we should go on a date this weekend."

She slightly averted her face. "S-Sure."

Hiro grinned at Hilde's sour expression, as if their interactions disgusted her.

"So-taaan!!!"

Hiro flinched at the voice of a sis-con Maou. For what she appeared here for? Was she losing her mind for not meeting her sister for four days?

Sona's face paled at Serafall’s voice. She was bound to become a body pillow for her sister.

"Sona, run… I will try to keep her busy."

Sona's head bobbed left to right. "No, I won't. Not today, not ever."

"Stop this useless drama!" Hilde shouted. "It's really annoying to see you two flirt."

"..."

"..."

Hiro sent a pitiful glance at Hilde, who snorted and looked away.

*Bang!*

"So-tan! Magical girl Levia-tan is here~"

A human-sized bullet flew at Sona, who sighed and accepted her fate. Tsuki and others also entered the room.

After a few moments of struggle under the bear hug of Serafall, Sona managed to push her away with a red face.

"So-tan is so cruel… hic." Serafall sobbed. "Now she won't accept onee-chan's hug her. Is this because of this boyfriend of yours?"

"Onee-sama, it's not like that."

"Fine, I'll hug my other sister~"

Serafall hugged Tsuki, who returned her hug with even more enthusiasm.

"Tsuki-chan is cute~"

"Ehehe, onee-sama is also cute!"

Sona showed a wry smile at this. Hiro grasped her hand and whispered,

"You are spared... for now at least…"

"Hiro, save me… I don't want to become a magical girl now."

"But you look cute in it. Like really cute…"

"Not you too…"

"I am not lying though." He grinned. "How about we add Tsuki too. Three magical girls in the same room. Wait no, let's add Hilde too."

However, instead of replying, Sona's eyes turned sharp as she wordlessly stared at him.

"What?"

Hiro tilted his head. What made her angry now?

Confused, he left the academy with others.

---

Hiro relaxed inside the bath for half an hour and came out fully refreshed. On his way to the dining room, he saw Tsubaki heading there. He caught up to her and started walking beside her.

"Hey Tsubaki, how was your day at school?"

With her steps halted, she turned and smiled at him. "Hiro-kun. It was a normal day, I guess. You don't have to worry about me since Sona-san and Momo were there to help me."

"Oh, sure. But tell me if anyone tries anything, okay?"

"I will. Thanks for your concern."

"You already became a part of the family when you joined Sona's peerage. Well, don't hesitate to ask for any help."

Tsubaki averted her gaze at his reply, her cheeks slightly red.

'She probably doesn't have much experience with the opposite gender.'

It wasn't her fault, as Shrines imposed traditional rules, where a woman must be pure before their marriage. 

'Not like I care about it.'

He shrugged and headed for the dining room. Others already waited there, so his arrival started dinner.

After dinner was finished, Serafall stood with a solemn expression and clapped, as if gathering everyone s attention.

"You know as the Maou, I'm super busy in my stuff and the reason I came here is to invite you for a lecture about Rating Games with Roygun Belphegor."

"Roygun Belphegor?" Tsubaki asked while gathering the dishes from tables. "Is she some sort of celebrity?"

Momi's eyes widened with a clear surprise. "The current head of Belphegor Clan and second-ranking champion of Rating Games? She is a well renowned woman in Underworld." 

"Indeed, I requested her to give some tips to my dear So-tan and Hiro-chan~"

Sona's eyes sparkled with striking interest. "Whoa, Roygun-sama…"

After all, Roygun grasped the second rank with the unique power of her Clan, Crack and she was also a woman. It would be wrong if Sona doesn't admire someone like her.

"Can Hilde come? It might be crucial to her since she will be a part of my peerage in the future," Hiro asked.

Serafall shook her head to decline. "The higher-ups will be pissed if they knew a Valkyrie without an evil piece entered Underworld."

"Then she can take one of my pieces until Hiro gets his own."

"Nope, no need for that."

Hiro enveloped Hilde's body in origin energy and tweaked her aura to appear like devil.

"Done."

"Wow! Hiro-chan, what was that?!"

"That's one skill I created."

Hilde raised her hand with furrowed brows. "What happened to me?"

"I changed your aura to a devil. Now you can travel the entire Underworld with no worries about getting caught."

His casual mention made others drop their jaws.

"Amazing," Hilde whispered. "Thanks, Hiro-sama."

"No problem."

"Hiro-chan, you need to tell me about this skill!"

He squinted at her overly serious expression. "Don't worry Sera nee-chan, no one other than me can use this skill. That I guarantee."

"Okay then. But you are still telling me about this."

"Everyone too, join us and watch Miracle☆Levia-tan!"

Curious, others except for Sona easily agreed to her proposal.

Hiro quietly paid his respects to all girls.

"Yay, I wanted to watch Sera nee-chan's show!"

Sona gazed at him with teary eyes. "Hiro, please…"

"I… I'll be there to accompany you."

"That's even worse!"

He flashed a mischievous smile. "How can I miss So-tan in a magical girl outfit."

Tonight was bound to be lively for him!

17