Trial 13: The Letter
1.3k 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now, where should I start from… Of course, it's the legs!

It was fortunate that no trees grew on this side of the forest or his movements might be hindered.

"Tsuki! It's our usual plan!"

"We understand!" she screamed back and took off in the sky.

The troll moved its right arm thicker than any tree and swung down the tree in its hand, hoping to bring down the bird. The attack met nothing but air and smashed into the ground.

Hiroshi shook his head and ran toward the troll, trusting Tsuki will keep her promise and not act irrationally. His body clad in a layer of silver touki went undetected by the giant.

Narrowing his gaze at its legs, his eyes began glowing. The world lost all colors as he pushed «Demonic Perception» to the limits. Two white thick legs appeared in his vision. His eyes clearly reflected every micro detail from the hair on its skin to the tissues forming the muscle.

He held the sword in both hands and slashed at the area with least density of muscle mass.

"Awwwrgh!"

Tsuki exploited the chance and shot her silver breath at the knee of the wounded leg, injuring it even further.

Troll moved its head and found a small creature below. It raised its legs and stomped down, the foot exploded the ground and caused a massive shockwave.

A Silver pair of wings grew on Hiroshi's back. With just a thought, they flapped and boosted him diagonally.

"Bang!"

Tsuki didn't stay silent and rained down demonic aura needles from her wings. Although the needles only penetrated less than five centimeters, it still brought out a bloodcurdling scream from Troll.

That's what you get for being slow…

He thought and targeted the same wound on its flesh behind the knees. The troll lost its balance and fell on one knee. It glared at Hiroshi and its hulking fist tore through the air and arrived in front of Hiroshi.

Fuck!

Hiroshi barely dodged the punch and yelled, "Now! Close your eyes!"

Hiroshi snapped his fingers. A blinding light flashed near Hiro. The muscles around Troll's eyes shrank along with its eyes. Even with high regeneration, it will require at least a minute to get back its eyesight. It was the «Flash» ability of the Shaz Clan capable of blinding God Class beings except it lasted only for a second or two.

Tsuki timely seized the opportunity and tackled the Troll to the ground.

Hiroshi landed beside Troll's head. Tsuki was barely restraining its hands with her claws and beak while scorching its head with her breath. He wasted no time to stab its brain with the crimson sword.

Stab! Stab! Stab! Stab! Stab! 

He forgot about everything and stabbed like a madman, only stopping when his sword met something soft. He fell on his butt and breathed a sigh of relief. The Troll's brain matter slid down its split-open head, creating a gross sight.

He covered his nose and touched the head of Troll. The familiar process began and lasted for a minute because of the height and mass of the Troll. He looked at Tsuki with a smile. Finally, the last monster died under their hands.

He picked up the candy and stood beside Tsuki. She nuzzled her head closer to his face. With a forced smile, he patted her cheeks.

Sigh! She is really clinging to me nowadays… Aux-san, teleport us out of here…

[Scanning for chaotic life-forms in Record... Zero]

[Initiating extraction... Opening a gate to Ortus hub]

The familiar gate opened in front. Hiroshi, along with Tsuki walked inside and appeared in the familiar hall with gates to different records. He swept his gaze over the hall faintly lit by some unknown means. A new table was there with a white paper floating above it.

He walked over and grabbed the paper with lines of text written on it.

'My successor! I thank you for taking over this 'responsibility' from my aged shoulders. You are indeed a promising young man~ As a reward, I have left a fine weapon for you at the dark elves residing in Svartalfheim city of Norse faction. They know me well so they won't cause any trouble for you. I'll still warn you to only trust your instincts. By the way, this letter was left fifteen years ago for anyone who manages to clean up the first record and I'm not alive or gone missing by that time.'

I can't believe that he died of old age or someone killed him? Just where did he go?

"Hiro? What is written on that paper? Can we see?"

He lightly nodded and passed over the letter in his hands. She trapped it under her claws and read over the text.

"We are going on a long journey after I meet Sona…"

Now that they weren't in a Master and Servant relationship, he found it odd to say her name without any honorific. The current relationship between them was childhood friends with feelings for each other? He stopped the line of thoughts before it got too complicated.

Tsukiha felt a strange sensation when Hiro mentioned the name Sona. She clearly sensed the feelings in his voice.

Is this jealousy? Are we feeling jealous of that woman?

Hiro, preoccupied with his own thoughts, asked, "Before that, I believe we have to meet Tiamat… Can you calm her down? I don't think she'll let me go that easily."

"We won't let her harm Hiro. Not until we die."

He nodded gratefully and glanced at the first record with the golden text 'One year left' and second showing 'Seven months left'. Four months were enough to clear it, so he planned to spend three months outside for training and equipment.

If only this place wasn't in the Dimensional Gap, we could use magic here to teleport anywhere... Aux-san, get us out…

He dragged the curious Tsuki inside the gate. Just as they stepped out of the gate, a massive wave of demonic power washed over them.

Tsuki adopted a serious expression and stepped in front of Hiro and eyed the magic circle. 

"So you finally returned…"

A moment later, a voice came and a woman appeared out of thin air. She had a beautiful face and long pale blue hair and a navy dress clothed her voluptuous body.

Hiro wasn't the least bit delighted to meet her. The cold anger hidden in her blue eyes sent chills down his spine. Despite that, his brain worked overtime to create a strategy capable of surviving.

He unknowingly incurred the wrath of the Chaos Karma Dragon, Tiamat.

20