Extra 1
76 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Extra - “Everyone”

 

I’m sitting at my desk as I write my report on the new child recently sent to the foster home that I founded with the help of Sam and Elijah.

I sigh as I’m rereading the background of this child. The heavy emotion makes my pen pause as I lean back to take a breather. The responsibility to care for an orphanage is big but I always find it enjoyable but of course, not everything will be sunshine and roses.

This is one of the tougher things I would occasionally face. I do my best to console my heart that I might not be able to help everyone but at least, I can provide the ones I can with my utmost care.

My eyes trails away from the messy paperwork on the desk and onto a picture frame at the corner of it. The photo shows a girl with long wavy black hair laughing cheerfully wearing a simple t-shirt that says 'Young and Free'. She has her hand over my shoulder. I was looking at her looking annoyed but also holding back a smile.

This evokes my memory of that day which causes me to let out a soft chuckle.

It was the day I met up with Abby after she flew back home to do her internship to finish her studies. When I had asked her what she had been doing. She was doing her degree in Media and Communications. She even shared some of the other things she had been doing.

She mentioned that she's just going to enjoy life to the fullest. That's when she threw her hand over my shoulder and laughs. Her photographer friend saw this scene and took the opportunity to snap a great photo of us. He later gave me a copy.

However, after that day, she ended up dragging me out to travel instead of properly finishing her studies.

During my travels with her, I was able to meet almost all of the friends she had or the new friends she made during her travels. The majority of them are small business owners that flourishes under the guidance of Abby and her investment. Her friends all come from diverse background and their business rarely coincides with her other friends.

Each and every one of them respects Abby. Her success makes me wants to fight for my own. I decided to seek after my cousin, Elijah after the last trip I have with Abby before she needed to resume her studies. She is the reason I continue to pursue my dreams and set up an orphanage of my own.

Well, Abby’s personality although still bubbly, has calmed down a lot. Especially after Ian hauled her to get their marriage registration after she came back from her graduation ceremony. The way Ian did everything smoothly to the point Abby didn’t have to lift a finger caught me by surprise.

When I told that to Ryan, he only replied "Be careful of a silent man and still water".

I still remember Abby's stunned face as the people around her dressed her up with her wedding dress for their wedding ceremony. Ian had everything well prepared and sent invites to their closest friends long ago with a remark saying that no one should mention it to Abby. He sorted everything as good as a bride and her wedding planner.

That day, all Abby had to do was walk down the aisle.

I went to find her and asked her if she was willing to marry him since everything is done without her prior knowledge.

Abby smirked and said, "I’m marrying a man straight out of the overbearing CEO romance novel. It’s kinda hot to see this side of him," then she laughed out loud.

I guessed I was worried for nothing.

Now, both of them are living the time of their life. Abby followed Ian every time he has a business trip like this week. Her excuse is to make sure Ian doesn’t find himself a side chick but I think she just wants to travel the world.

My phone lights up showing that I received a text. There is no sound or vibration because it is in silent mode. I grab to check my messages since I need a break from my work.

 

Mom: The twins are asking for you to bring some of that sweet cakes you brought last time when you come for dinner tomorrow.

I swiftly type out my reply.

Me: Yeah sure. I’ll buy some before I come.

Not long after I sent it, I can see the symbol sent turns green.

Mom: Good! They also want to match with Aiden so make sure he wears that matching outfit we got for the three of them.

Me: Ok. I will tell him.

 

The image of the red and white collared t-shirt with a cute cat logo on the left side of the chest pops up. I need to find that t-shirt to make sure it’s clean. I make a mental note to tell Aiden to wear it and to remind me to grab those cakes they like before we head to my parents’ house.

I smile when I realise how much everyone in my family including Aiden is spoiling the twins.

The day my parents found out that they are having twins, they told me that I can give the twins their first names. I was extremely flattered by their decision that it took me a long time to decide their names. It isn’t until the day before my mother goes into labour that I finally provided them with two names.

They both happily accepts and surprisingly, the next day my mom gave birth to a healthy baby boy and girl. 

When I saw them for the first time, I truly felt that their names suit them well. I never regretted choosing those names for them.

I had chosen to name the boy, Leo to represent the two people who had helped me in my previous life. It’s so that I would always remember the two of them and their kindness to me. The name will remind me of my past and the people that loved me as I am.

As for the girl, I chose to name her Lily. I took the name from Abby’s middle name, ‘Lillianne’. I hope that she will grow up to be strong and cheerful like Abby. It also serves as a symbolic meaning to me to look forward to my current life. Learning to be happy and accepting love as they are.

My parents don't know the meaning behind Leon's name but they did understand why I chose Lily. They thanked me for giving the two such beautiful names and I could still remember that I blushed so hard that day until Ryan teased me. Their appreciation of my choice makes me so happy and loved.

However, it's kind of weird to have little siblings with a difference of 17 years but I grew fond of them in no time. Although they are not as well behaved as Aiden, they are still adorable.

My thoughts dissolve when someone knocks on the door.

“Elijah and his wife are here. You should come out now since the rest should be arriving soon.” Sam, who arrived earlier than everyone else, informs me.

“Okay. I will be out after I clean my desk.” I reply while slowly gathering the messy papers.

Sam nods and says, “I’ll go help out in front.”

I hear his footsteps leaving as I finish staking the papers aside. I turn off my laptop and its power source. I determine that the desk is as clean as it gets and starts to head to the door. I turn around to look at the study room to ensure its general level of cleanliness and a small smile appears on my face.

My mind goes back to around the time when I was about to have my graduation ceremony at my university. Ryan randomly declares his intention to buy a house because Aiden is growing older and he finds it isn't suitable to raise Aiden in an apartment.

We discussed it and when it became about the payment, he immediately refused to let me pay for it too. I couldn't accept that decision and we ended up having the biggest fight ever. I ran out of the house after feeling exasperated by his action.

I went to see Mama because he’s the only person that I feel like I can confide in at the time. 

When Leon heard my story as he was there with Mama, he scolded me for bothering his sweet time with Mama just to show off our loving relationship. That's when I remembered the words Leon told me before.

“You should let a man spoils you when given the chance.”

Leon called Ryan to pick me up from their home.

Ryan came and we managed to talk about it again since both of us are calmer at the time. He told me his intention of wanting to spoil me. I on the other hand told him that I felt like he was treating me like I’m a little lamb that needs to be protected.

He then explained that he didn’t have the intention of doing that. He said it's his instinct to protect his lover and he ended up coddling me. He appeared so serious that I couldn't say I didn't believe him. I knew then and there that he meant every word he said. 

I finally gave in and let him buy the house. The compromise is that I would pay for the decorations even if it’s not all of them.

Now, the house is officially ours. We spent a lot of time recreating our dream home together. We did argue a little bit about the position of the rooms and so on but the house was built within a blink of an eye and we stayed here for quite some time already.

Anyway, since Ryan doesn't like to bring his work home so he doesn't use the study room. Thus, it became mine instead.

I walk away and head to the living room. I can hear the sound of people talking.

Today we are having a gathering among us friends. I’ve invited Elijah and his partner because he had helped me a lot during my studies and even now with my orphanage. As for Aiden, he is sleeping over at his friend’s house and will be back by tomorrow morning so we go to my parents’ house together.

I spot Sam, Elaine and Elijah's wife, Hailey setting up the table.

I’m surprised that Elaine is also here and that must mean Eric too. Elaine and Eric are together now so it’s no longer odd to find them together. Elaine even started working at Eric’s store to help him out at some point because he got busy with his residency and was about to start his fellowship program. I’m not even sure when their relationship became official because they were natural with each other ever since they were introduced to one another.

I intend to help out but then, a sound coming from the entrance catches my attention. I turn my head to look and Ryan emerges from the hallway with a smile. At the same time, I notice Hailey walking next to Elijah.

"You're back," I turn my whole body to face Ryan.

Ryan is wearing a suit and because it’s cold, he’s also wearing a scarf and a large coat. However, since he has a nice figure, it appears as if he went out to model instead. I can’t help but admire my man before approaching him to help him unwind the scarf off his neck.

I even naturally turn around to help him take off his coat and hang it up by the door. Ryan approaches me with his smile still as wide as he entered and places his forehead on mine.

I speak out my thoughts after seeing him so happy, "Seems like you had a good time,"

"Yeah, I scored the deal so my long break has been approved. Let's go on vacation,"

I chuckle but don't accept it right away since there are other things to consider. I push him away with a smirk upon realising we have guests in the house. I turn to the side and notice Hailey is covering her mouth. Elijah is looking at her with a wry smile.

"What's wrong?" I ask with concern.

She shakes her head and I no longer pay any attention to her because I want to put away Ryan’s bag. 

As I’m passing by Elijah and Hailey, I feel like I heard Hailey saying something to her husband in a low voice, "Ahhh!!! A live-action BL. I'm so happy," as she squeals a little but I’m not too sure.

My eyebrows crease a little as I try to make sense of her words. When I fail to comprehend it I assumed it’s nothing so I push it out of my mind. I go back to them after putting Ryan’s bag in its usual spot because Elijah appears like he wanted to say something.

"Here, this is for you," Hailey passes a paper bag to me.

"Oh, thank you. What is this for?" I barely know Hailey because we rarely meet. I’m quite surprised by this sudden gift. Honestly, every time I stumble or meet her at Elijah’s company, she would often give me this odd sense of discomfort. I like to brush it off as nothing because she has always been nice and polite when we speak.

I call out to Ryan and tell him to come over so he can greet them.

"This is Ryan," I introduce.

She has this dazed look as she stares at Ryan.

"We've met before," Ryan smiles.

It seems like something snaps her out from her dazed moments. She stammers a little and agrees with Ryan.

"You've met? When?"

"It's a while back. Anyway, someone’s at the door," Ryan smoothly walks over to the door to open it. I scrutinize his back because he seems to be avoiding the topic.

Something is up but it's not like he's cheating on me and I have a feeling I don't want to know. Though she seems like a nice girl, there's something about her that makes me want to keep an appropriate distance.

I shake my thoughts away and peek at the door. Rick appears with a wine bottle. He has changed out of his work clothes because he’s wearing a more casual outfit now. Ryan takes the wine bottle and brings it to the kitchen. 

Rick on the other hand asks, “Adam isn’t back yet?”

“Yeah, Myra and Adam are overseas. They should be back next week,” I reply while my mind recalls that Adam has followed Myra overseas as she is participating in a competition. 

Rick nods to show that he understands. and smacks at Eric who has been reading some book he found possibly from one of the shelves we have. Eric puts down the book while appearing unamused.

“Anyway, let’s eat," Ryan pops out after finding a chance to change his clothes.

Everyone takes their seats at the dining table. I glance at each and everyone before stopping at Ryan who’s sitting next to me.

Eric helps Elaine takes a seat smoothly as if he had helped her do so many times before. Sam and Rick are engaged in a conversation relating to when their boss would be coming home or will he extend his trip to spend some alone time with his wife.

I spot Hailey appearing giddy as she sneaks a glance at Ryan and me from time to time. Afterwards, she whispers to Elijah who then proceeds to make a disapproving look on his face. He leans over to her and I feel like I heard something I shouldn't but he manages to make her behave in split seconds.

As for what he said, it's also something Ryan likes to say to me from time to time...

My body jolts up when I feel someone breathing by my ears. "Don't ignore me or I will punish you tonight," and there goes his favourite phrase.

After giving Ryan a glare, I start the toast. Although not all are able to attend today, it is nice to be surrounded by the people you care about.

Well, let's just say, life has been good but it's still moving on. I'm happy nonetheless.

Let love be all around us.

 

I hope this chapter gave a sort of closure to where everyone ended up.

This chapter introduces you to one of my fav nonsensical character, Hailey~ She will have her own book and guess what, she's a fujoshi. Her book won't be BL as it is a BoyxGirl romance but will have other BL small charas around her. It will be comedy gold with a hint of undercurrent that this fujoshi will be brushing off because she is busy shipping all the men around her~

Please look forward to Wife, Look at Me! to be released. Follow me for an update on what I'm up to~.

 

Imma also plug a story from ChrysanthemumGarden here called The Black Saint is My Stalker by Val

A special thank you to Val who also pushed me to complete this book when I was ready to drop it. I kept saying 3 more chapters to finish but it ended up being a whole 10+ chapters and I wrapped up everything I needed. If you readers spot plot hole, please forgive this author as I am only human and did my best to finish it.

Now that I've wrapped up everything, I also add a fun poll for you to take. As for the answer~ if you can catch me, maybe I will tell you ;)

What is inside the paper bag Hailey gave Luke?
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
3