Chapter 7: Death is not the end
1.1k 2 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the other end of the hallway stood six figures.

Katie knew all of them.

“It’s the victims since yesterday. Jessica. Lucy. Brian. They’re all here.” Katie watched in awe. “But why? What could Mr. Isaac want with six corpses?”

“Katie, we should go…” Caitlin looked like she wanted to vomit. Neither of the bodies looked well. Jessica and the three others had the cleanest death, but even they had large pools of red blood on their clothes and skin. Lucy was burned alive. Her entire body was covered with burnt flesh. Even a distance away, Caitlin could swear she smelled barbeque. Brian was pieced together. A large cut was on his waist. The horror he endured before his death could still be seen on his lifeless face. “I don’t feel good.”

Katie frowned. She wanted to examine the corpses and see what Mr. Isaac wanted to do to them. If he’s just a freak who collected bodies for fun, fine. But if he is preparing some surprise for the class, she wanted to know first.

Plus, it would be really fun to go through the bodies.

Control yourself. We just talked about this. Katie told herself as she nodded at Caitlin. The two were about to turn around before Jessica’s eyes suddenly snapped open.

“Caitlin...save me…”

Caitlin froze. Her mouth hung open in shock.

“Jessica…”

“Please...Caitlin...come to me. Save me from this pain. It hurts so much…”

Caitlin’s eyebrows twitched as she did her best to surpress her horror. “You...you died!”

“Death is not the end...Isaac kept me here...even in death I can’t escape him...please...I’m in so much pain…”

“Oh no...Jessica…” Tears flowed down Caitlin’s cheeks. “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.”

She took a step forward, but Katie grabbed onto her arm.

“Don’t do it. It’s unsafe.”

Caitlin ignored her friend’s warning. All that went through her mind was what Jessica said. Why? Why? What did Jessica do to deserve this? She already killed herself in the most brutal way possible! What type of monster would revive her and keep torturing her? Why? Where is the end?

She wanted to get Jessica out of her endless, miserable fate as soon as possible. That was all she cared about.

Jessica slowly snapped her neck.

A pair of scissors was in her grip.

Caitlin slowly walked forward.

“What do you want me to do? How can I save me?”

“I want you…to join me!”

Jessica suddenly jammed her scissors forward. Caitlin’s eyes widened as she realized her mistake, but she was too close…

“Uh.” Katie groaned as the pair of scissors went straight through her arm. At the last moment, Katie was able to pull Caitlin to safety. She had to block with her arm, but it was worth the price.

She knew something was wrong with Jessica.

Caitlin was speechless. She didn't even have time to thank Katie. Instead, her eyes were trained on Jessica.

“Why? You’re my friend!”

“Even in death, we can’t escape his control. The only thing we can do is do what he wants and hope he will spare us. Killing you will certainly make him very happy. Plus, I miss you.”

“Oh brilliant.” Katie raised her Glock and pointed it at Jessica. “Hey! Look this way! Ready to die a second time?”

“Die?” Jessica turned her head to an unnatural direction. “I’m already dead. Shoot me if you want...”

Katie shot her, three times.

Jessica’s body was shaken repeatedly as all three bullets hit her in the chest, but the girl remained still.

“I can’t be killed. I can’t even feel pain. There’s nothing you can do but join us.”

“Us?” Caitlin realized something horrifying.

“Yes. Us.”

Following that, all other five corpses opened their eyes.

“You!” Lucy smiled widely. If she was still the gorgeous girl before yesterday, it would be a pleasant sight. But as of the moment she’s a burnt crisp, and it’s no longer as pretty. “I died screaming. I will make sure you go through ten times the pain before you die.”

“Hahahaha.” Brian made a sound that was meant to be a smile. “I will chop your limbs off one by one, and I will make sure to stop the bleeding in time. How many cuts do you think it will be until you die?”

The nails on his right hand were as sharp as knives.

“Oh wow.” Katie licked her lips. “I gotta say, I did not expect this when I came in, but do you really think you can beat me?” She reached her hand to the back pocket of her jeans as if she was reaching for some sort of secret weapon.

All the corpses got ready.

“Run!” Suddenly, Katie grabbed onto Caitlin’s arm and ran the other direction. The undead realized they were being duped. Following a wave of very pissed off screams, they came after.

Bang. Bang. Bang.

As the two ran, Katie emptied her clip at the corpses. None of them worked. Thankfully, they have already reached the door. Caitlin got out first. As Katie was about to take the final step, she suddenly felt a scorching pain on her right ankle.”

“Ahhhhhh!” Even she had to scream. It was the worst pain she has ever gone through. She turned around and found Lucy grabbing onto her ankle. The burnt girl smiled viciously.

“How does it feel?”

“Very fucking good!” Katie kicked Lucy in the face before pulling out the large knife from her pocket and sticking it into Lucy’s wrist. The girl couldn’t feel pain, but with another push, the knife severed Lucy’s hand from her arm.

Katie was stronger than she herself expected.

The severed hand hit the ground. Under it, Katie’s ankle was already bright red.

One well done human ankle, coming up...

But by the time Katie got rid of Lucy, the others were already up.

Katie made up her mind as she turned to Caitlin, who has pulled out her M1911 but had no idea what to do.

“Run! Run and get help! Don’t argue! I don’t want to kill them all and then end up having to kill you!” Katie screamed. It seemed like her words got to Caitlin, because she turned and ran as fast as she could.

“Do you think you can kill us?” Brian smirked. Before Katie could realize what happened, she felt an explosion of pain around her chest. As she looked down, she saw four deep cuts going across her breasts.

“Your sacrifice is futile. We will just kill you and then kill your friend.” One of the other three students killed on the first day decided. A pen was in his hand. He used that pen to dig his right eye out, and now he wanted to do the same to Katie.

Katie got back up. Still holding on to the large kitchen knife with her right hand, she reached into her pocket and pulled out a smaller one with her left hand.

“You know, this is the perfect time for me to say some badass one-liner.” Katie suddenly glanced at something behind the undead. “Mr. Isaac! I can explain this! Just call off your goons first!”

“What?” The fear of Mr. Isaac was deeply engraved into the bones of the undead. Even in death, they shook at the mention of the name of their killer. They immediately turned around...only to find nothing.

Using the opportunity, Katie charged up to Lucy, who was the closest to her. She slashed her large knife across her neck with all her strength. Lucy was caught by surprise at first, but she quickly turned around and grabbed onto Katie’s neck.

“This looks so easy in game of thrones!” Katie complained as she rubbed the large knife against Lucy’s neck, trying to behead her. “Awwww!” Her joke turned into a scream when Lucy started to burn through her neck in return.

The other undead turned back around and saw that Katie was already dying. They groaned and sat back and watched in satisfaction. They had a lot of anger and pain that couldn’t be let off on Mr. Isaac, so they decided to loosen up by watching someone else suffer.

Finally, one of Katie’s strikes chopped Lucy’s head off. The main body lost control and fell over, releasing Katie in the process. But as the girl hit the floor, she clutched onto her neck in pain. She couldn’t say a word. Lucy has burnt through her throat.

Even if she only had a head left, Lucy wasn’t worried. If her head could be put back onto her body, everything would be fine. She merely looked at Katie with hatred. She couldn’t speak, but she could still see.

“How should we kill her? I say we cut her into a thousand parts.” Brian didn't even wait for the others. “I’ll start.”

He walked toward the defenseless girl. Katie saw him approaching, but just as she stood up, he attacked and severed a piece of flesh from her stomach.

“How do you like that?” He taunted. Crushing her body wasn’t enough. He wanted to crush her mind.

He struck again, but this time, just before his hand landed, Katie raised a smaller knife and put it in his path. Brian tried, but he failed to prevent his own hand from crashing into the knife.

“I…” Katie started to say something before realizing her voice was no more than a strange hiss. Giving up, she raised her large knife again and cut off Brian’s right arm, severing his finger knives and maiming him.

Another down.

Before she could celebrate, Jessica sneaked up from behind and jammed her scissors through Katie’s neck. As the sharp end came out from Katie’s throat, blood started to ooze out. Katie collapsed on the ground, twitching. She couldn’t even scream with the metal in her throat.

The other three students came over and started stabbing Katie’s repeatedly. They wanted to get in on the fun as well before Katie dies and joins them.

Blood formed a puddle on the ground.

“I think she’s dead.” After two minutes of repeated stabbing, Jessica finally stated the obvious.

“That was fun.” One student commented as she glanced at Brian and Lucy mockingly. The undead were filled with hatred and agony. The only thing that could pleasure them was seeing others suffer. The same goes with fellow undead. “Poor fools. You wanted to kill her so badly, but all you could do was lay there and watch.”

Lucy and Brian growled in fury.

Suddenly, a knife came out across the floor and went for a full circle, cutting through everything in the way. All four undead students fell to the ground.

Katie stood up. She was shaking, but a sickening smile was on her face. Dozens of holes on her body and her jacket kept on leaking blood.

But she was still standing.

“How…” Jessica growled as she tried to stand back up, but her body simply refused to do so. “we’re invincible! We can’t be killed.”

“Idiots.” Katie knelt down beside Jessica and tapped her ankle, where a slice was in place. “Whatever Isaac did kept your souls inside your dead bodies. It’s all cool and fancy, but you still need to rely on the nerve systems to control your body. Severe the neural network, and you’re done. Of course, you heal.”

Katie poked at the wound with her finger, marveling it. Just as it was about to heal completely, she suddenly took a step back and chopping the entire foot off.

She did the same thing with all the other undead in the house, immobilizing them.

“It’s useless! You can’t kill us! When he comes back, we will be put back, and you will suffer a fate worse than death!”

“Fair enough.” Katie shrugged as she started dragging all the bodies together, stacking them up against each other. Finally, she raised her large knife and pinned all six bodies down. “Hmmm...but Isaac isn’t here right now, so what should I do with you?”

The undead screamed. Suddenly, Katie clapped.

“Yes! That’s it!”

She ran into the kitchen and returned with a lighter. She gradually dragged the corpses to the backyard before announcing proudly.

“It’s barbeque time, baby!”

Once again pinning the bodies down with her knife, she took the time to gradually go around the circle and light the entire pile on fire with the lighter. The undead screamed as their bodies melted. They couldn’t feel the pain, but they could feel their control over their bodies perishing as the flames burned brighter and brighter.

“I can’t kill you, but I can destroy your bodies.” The brunette sat down next to the burning pile and closed her eyes. The pain around her body was disappearing, thanks to her rapid regeneration, but she decided to take the time to enjoy it while it lasted.

The screams only added to her experience, and boy was it good!

39