Chapter 5 – An Attack (1)
28 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Attack!!"

A voice that seemed even coarser than the man from earlier loudly cried, reverberating throughout the entire village.

As the dust gradually dispersed, numerous figures arose from the back of the wooden carriage and were already running towards the knights in a swift rate. Some of them held huge battle axes while some had swords and daggers, all raised overhead and loudly repeating after the battle cry.

But what Kaiji noticed other than that was their strange appearance.

If one looked closely at the top of their head, they would found out a protruding furry ears that blended in with the color of their hair. There were varying sizes and shapes in each of them, but the ear, which looked abnormally similar to a wolf's ear, prominently stood out amongst them all.

The knight who remained near the driver of the cart suddenly discovered a flash of light before he widened both his eyes in realization. His head flew off his neck and landed down the ground, rolling upon the patch of grass with the blood still spurting out.

"Kill them all!"

The cart's driver jumped down the wooden platform and shouted as he held his sword, which shone in an ominous red light as the blood still flowed down from the body of the blade. During his jump, the hood which covered his appearance now revealed a face of a man in his middle-thirties. Long brown hair cascaded down his head and tight, bulking muscles were also bared out as he uncloaked his hooded garb.

His shout seemed to raised the morale of the upcoming figures as they repeated after the battle cry in a booming roar.

The abrupt onslaught made the knights near the entrance falter in surprise as the figures savagely clashed with their forces.

*Clang*

*Clang*

*Shing*

Countless blades intersected to each other and made metallic ringing clangs that seemed to pierced through the air. Several knights that were unfortunate and weren't wary of their surroundings have had their body penetrated in by the tips of the weapons of the enemy and died instantly on the spot. Some of them even died just by being squashed to death by the heavy stampede. The remaining knights who stayed behind the forefront and clearly understood that their current situation wasn't too good, began to back away as they called for reinforcements inside the village.

"We're under attack!"

"Call for reinforcements!"

*Dong* *Dong* *Dong*

Bells tolled from a small watchtower beside the village's layered-brick wall just as they shouted. The sound echoed throughout the entirety of the village and began to attract the attention of the knights who still lingered inside the village, who knew nothing of the current circumstance outside. 

2