Marriage
50 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rhegal or well Wynter, in this case, smiled while they strolled down to the lakeside near the church. Wynter sat down and brought up his knees hugging them. Chandler stood behind him looking over the lakeside checking out his surroundings.

This area was one of the most boring places in Paragon that no one wanted; he looked at Wynter’s character from behind and narrowed his eyes. He took a seat beside Wynter and leaned back laying on the grass.

Rhegal looked to his side catching a glance of Chandler who was looking at him. He smiled down at Chandler and asked, “What are you thinking about?”

“You,” he answered and turned on his side resting his head on his hand.

Rhegal sat there staring at him not understanding what was happening. He turned back to look at the setting sun and the glow it was creating. “So what have you been up to?” Chandler asked interrupting his train of thought.

“I’ve been levelling up, farming and designing,” he answered thinking about what he was going to do later on.

“Designing?” Chandler questioned.

“Yes, I told you that we are busy getting ready for the LORD conference,” he answered, pulling up his schedule and going through it with knitted brows.

“I’ll be there, will I see you?” Chandler asked stunning Rhegal. He stopped what he was doing and turned to look at Chandler who was staring at him intently with curiosity.

“I still don’t know if I’ll be going but Brandon and Toby are pressing for me to go but I still need permission from father…” Rhegal trailed while staring at the pictures of his family he took the last time he visited them.

“You call your dad father?” Chandler asked amused.

“No,” Rhegal shook his head. “He raised me since I was a baby, I’m from a church and father is the Head Priest.”

“So you’re religious?” Chandler asked sitting up and crossing legs.

“Yes but it’s confusing since I’m gay… father says that I’m still the same since I was a baby but he doesn’t understand why I’m gay and says he’ll leave it to the lord to deal with,” Rhegal answered while checking his order forms for fruits and vegetables.

“I see…” Chandler answered not knowing what to say.

“So why are you suddenly interested in me?” Rhegal asked turning his body to face Chandler with a smile on his face.

Chandler froze then chuckled, “Well, after we stopped communicating, I asked around then found out that I am actually pansexual and this was from going back and forth with a few members of the guild.”

“Well, congratulations but I don’t think that’s all?” Rhegal smirked.

Chandler shook his head, “What do you mean?”

“No girlfriend?” he asked.

“I had a few and I’m currently engaged to one of the players my father set me up with,” Chandler answered with a groan.

“Oh…” Rhegal trailed with a sigh.

Chandler grabbed his hands, “Don’t sigh like that… look, I liked her to some point but it just became tedious since our parents forced engagement and are the ones benefitting on this so-called relationship. I’ve been running to the game since I don’t want to be with her and be forced by my parents…”

“So what’s your story with me?” he asked with a frown.

Running his hands frustratingly over his face, “I don’t know! I just found you interesting and finding out that you are gay was shocking but now that I know that I don’t actually give a shit, I want to try something different.”

“So I’m your test subject in other words?” Rhegal rolled his eyes.

“Yes or we could make it official in-game and get married,” Chandler suggested excitedly.

Rhegal stared at him confused, “What?”

“If we complete a gathering quest together, you and I can get married in-game, we’ll both benefit when either one levels up and well be the oddest couple in LORD so what do you think,” Chandler asked excitedly.

Rhegal shrugged, “Sure, it would be fun, so how do we go about this?”

“I’ll meet you here tomorrow, what time will you be online?” Chandler asked while getting up and helping Rhegal up too.

“Depends on what the fuck Toby and Brandon want to do since my schedule is busy, how about I call you after I log in and we’ll get started,” Rhegal said, dusting himself odd and walking back to the church with Chandler following behind him who had a cunning smirk on his face.

Everyone left while Rhegal logged out. Getting out of the pod he sat up and rubbed his eyes. Jumping down he walked out of the room. He walked through the passage to Brandon’s office, passing by the tech room, training room and Toby’s room.

He knocked on the door to Brandon’s office but there was no answer. The door was locked so he returned to see if Toby was in. The door opened soundlessly so he crept up behind him then heard, “Don’t you dare!”

Rhegal rolled his eyes at Toby and sat down beside him. Toby turned to look at him with a questioning gaze, “You seem happy?”

“No I don’t, I’m always happy,” he countered while taking the bag of chips from Toby’s desk.

“How was your farming?” Toby asked turning back to editing Rhegal of the Night.

“Fine, I met up with Chandler, we’re getting married tomorrow,” he said dryly.

Toby turned to look at Rhegal stunned momentarily then grinned from ear to ear. “So this means that you two will go on a gathering quest together… do you know how, where and what you’ll be gathering?”

Rhegal shrugged, “No but when I log in, I must contact him then we’ll be married in a few.”

Toby chuckled while shoving chips into his mouth, “You need witnesses also that will sign a paper to your marriage, it’s kind of a legal thing and I think he just screwed you over since he’s been engaged to his fiancé since he was a kid.”

Rhegal paused and narrowed his eyes, “Something in-game becomes real in reality?”

Toby nodded his head, “Yes, but in the beginning, it was never like this. They introduced the option three years after and everyone was getting married even the young kids. So they restricted it; after the restriction people who were couples in real life got married in-game and more couple related quests got integrated into the game. After that, the rewards became more and after gathering enough, they had enough money to actually get married in real life, so the company decided that after a year of being married, each couple becomes legal. There have been couples, say the woman is from China and the man from England; the company made sure that the couple got together in real life – so all in all, you’ll be Mr and Mr Alexi Leonoccovich.”

“Alexi Leonoccovich?” Rhegal frowned.

Toby turned in his chair and looked at Rhegal with a grin, “Yes he’s actually Russian. Rich family history and shit. His sister is a model and so is he along with the many cars he owns and not to mention, his fiancé is a business man’s daughter from Russia too so, you might get killed by the mob.”

“Well, it’s not like he knows about me either. I’ve been raped killed and resurrected and he’ll be playing me soon,” Rhegal rolled his eyes and scoffed.

Toby smiled then turned back to his computer. Rhegal stared at him watching as Toby got back to what he was doing. He handed chip after chip to Toby eventually ending up feeding him the chips. Pulling his chair right next to Toby, he pulled his legs up and rested his head on Toby’s shoulder who fixed himself for Rhegal to lay comfortably.

Toby sighed as he leaned back accepting the chips he was being fed. This was a normal occurrence for the two of them. Rhegal never stayed too long online because he enjoyed his peace and quiet beside Toby.

0