Chapter 19
2.1k 10 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cyril looked at himself in the mirror and softly sighed. The core that sat in the middle of his forehead flickered as he scrutinized his new academy uniform. The uniform consisted of a white blazer with golden buttons and the academy insignia on the right shoulder, a black button-down dress shirt, black pants, and black loafers. It wasn't too fancy of a uniform, and it felt just right for Cyril. The real problem was a certain something his mother had entrusted his maids to give to him. 'Do I have to wear this?' He thought while staring at the piece of jewelry in front of him. It was a beautiful golden headpiece meant to latch onto his core and rest on his forehead. Cyril sighed once more and grabbed the headpiece. He gently placed it on his core and felt it fasten on without resistance. He looked in the mirror one last time then left the bathroom. 

 

Standing near the exit of his room stood his two maids, Elizabeth and Emelia. They walked up too him slowly and gave small bows. ''You look wonderful, Prince Cyril.''

 

Cyril rolled his eyes. ''Elizabeth, outside of the estate you are to refer to me as Young Master. You know that the little prince of the royal family is attending the academy with me this year and we wouldn't want any unnecessary conflict so soon would we?''

 

The maid shook her head. ''My apologies, Young Master. It was a slip of the tongue.'' She said with a bright smile on her face.

 

Cyril could help but chuckle at the maid's antics. He knew that she was just messing with him at this point. After all, what type of highly trained maid would have slips of the tongue? ''Alright, let's head out. The opening ceremony starts in a few hours, and I would like to make a good first impression.''

 

The maids nodded in agreement and led him towards the Hangers. There were a few small jets and cruisers position at the back of the ship. One of which, Cyril would be riding to the opening ceremony.

 

The walk to the hangar was somewhat entertaining, to Cyril. He had met most of the crew over the two-day journey to the academy and built up a reputation for being a kind and approachable noble.

While saying his temporary goodbyes, there were even a few who broke out into tears. Something that startled him considering how little time he had to connect with his crew. Seriously, it had only been two days. Never the less, he was happy to see so many people sending him off.

 

''You sure are loved by your crew, Young Master,'' Emelia said with not a single change in her expression. It didn't bother him though since he knew that Emelia was somewhat emotionally constipated.

 

Elizabeth smiled brightly. ''That's because Young Master has changed so much. He's like a charismatic general from one of those old war movies. Someone you can't help but respect and follow.''

 

Cyril chuckled and put his hands behind his head. ''I haven't changed that much. For all you know, this could just be a front.'' 

 

Elizabeth pouted, wanting to retort. Sadly they had reached their destination.

 

''We're here.'' 

 

''Do you know which cruiser you would like to ride in, Young Master?''

 

Cyril gazed over his selection of cruisers and picked one randomly. He didn't know much about futuristic cars, so he based his decision mostly on the aesthetics of the vehicle. ''I'll take this one.''

The cruiser he chose was a luxury model designed for high-level executives. Not only that, the car had been fiddled around with by his family's engineers to the point that it was virtually indestructible.

 

Emelia gave a soft smile at Cyril's choice. She had initially thought he would go for one of the sport's cruisers in an attempt to show off. ''Good choice, Young Master.''

 

Cyril and Elizabeth stared blankly at Emelia, their mouths wide open. ''D-Did she just?''

 

Elizabeth nodded her head furiously.''Yes, Young Master. I think she did.''

 

Emelia ignored them and called the other drivers. She already had an escort team ready so that Cyril wouldn't be waiting too long.

 

.   .   .

 

''Young Master, we have arrived.''

 

Cyril opened his eyes slowly, still feeling the effects of the nap he had taken. The ride to the academy took much longer than he had expected. Not only was the school an hour away, but there were also checkpoints almost every ten minutes. He yawned and looked at the sight in front of him, and as soon as he saw it, he froze. ''Beautiful. Are sure this is an academy and not a religious sanctuary?''

 

Elizabeth chuckled and nodded. ''Yes, Young Master. The Dublin Academy of war is a very prestigious institution with students coming here from almost every colony in the galaxy. With that many students, academy grounds must always be flawless and breathtaking.''

 

Cyril smiled. ''Amazing. With a campus like this, I wouldn't mind repeating a year.''

 

Elizabeth's mouth opened wanting to say something but stopped herself before she spoke. Although she and her master joked, she didn't want to overstep her bounds. 

 

The master in question laughed at her reaction. Although they played a lot, there were always moments where she would freeze up like that, thinking she shouldn't say something based on her status. ''Liz, speak your mind when you are with me. I never want you to think that you can't say something in fear of my reaction.'' Liz nodded her head silently then flashed a beautiful smile. Cyril returned her smile with his own.

 

''Young Master, We're at the drop-off.''

 

''Very well. You both are adding the finishing touches to my new residence aren't you?'' He said with a gentle expression on his face. Liz nodded her head. ''that is good. I'll see you both when I get home.''  The door was opened by a tall well built Ares, and Cyril stepped out facing a crowd of curious eyes.

 

Liz felt like she was supposed to tell Cyril something but whatever it was slipped her mind. She shrugged and watched her Young Master's back. Suddenly she remembered. ''OH SHIT!'' 

 

.   .   .

 

Cyril was walking towards the opening ceremony using a map he installed on his terminal. Something like a campus GPS was guiding him. He tried his hardest to ignore all the stares he was getting, but all the attention was slowly getting to him. After all, when he retired from soccer, he lived a secluded life with Cassy, not bothering with the press or any media outlets. 'I knew I shouldn't have worn this damn headpiece.' He thought the start of his day couldn't get any worse until a certain maid's face popped up in front of him calling his terminal. He put his middle and index finger to his terminal and answered the call.

 

''Hello? Liz, is there something wrong?''

 

''...''

 

''Liz?''

 

''Yourmothersaidthatshewantsyoutoomakefriendsattheschool.Soshedidn'tabuseherpowertoletyoustayoutsideofthedorms.''

 

''I'm sorry. What?''

 

''You won't be able to live outside of the campus until your second year. Your mother wants you to make friends.''

 

Cyril didn't speak. He hung up the call and looked up towards the sky while taking deep breathes. He closed his eyes and felt the nature surrounding him. Sadly, the rage in his body only grew stronger.

 

.   .   .

 

The Ares students were all staring at a beautiful Ares youth standing still and looking towards the sky. Contrary to one's expectations, what drew their attention was not the beautiful youth's looks, but the jewelry on his forehead called the Sùil Dhè. Almost all noble Ares or Humans with high importance know that there are only two people that can wear the Sùil Dhè. The Crown Prince and the Domraud Heir.

 

Word had already spread of the Crown Princes arrival which only meant one thing. This person was the Domraud Heir.

29