Chapter 20
3.8k 18 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

''And with that, the opening ceremony is concluded.''

 

Cyril yawned and sat up from his seat. The opening ceremony was ridiculously long, mostly due to the fact that the headmaster's speech was unnecessarily long-winded. 'Let's see.' He opened his terminal and looked through the information pertaining to his housing. Because today was the first day there were no classes. 

 

'Rose grounds, huh.' Cyril left the hall and started making his way to the dorms. He didn't know who his roommates were just yet and hoped they won't be too much of a nuisance during his first year. The walk towards his dorm was peaceful as he observed the beautiful campus. Although he had gotten amazing looks from almost everyone he passed no one attempted to bother him or stop him to start up a conversation. 

 

He gazed at the two-story building in front of him and smiled. It wasn't as bad as he thought it would be. He observed the almost invisible forcefield surrounding the residence and smiled contentedly. The building was fairly new and seemed to be outfitted with the newest technology the alliance had to offer. Then again, this was a first-class institution, housing countless heirs to nobles across the alliance, there is no way they would skimp on the security. He slowly approached the front gate and placed his hand on the scanner.

 

''Cyril Domraud. ID number 00487'' The console on the gate registered his arrival and released a low-frequency hum.

 

~Cyril Domraud, ID number 00487 Recognized. Your key has been transferred.~

 

Cyril checked his terminal inbox and activated the key, this will allow him to enter and leave the residence without calling out his ID number out and scanning his hand. He gathered his thoughts as the gate opened revealing a stunning courtyard. 'This might not be as bad as I had previously thought.' He walked up to the doors and waited as the security system scanned his body. Once again he heard a hum as the security system registered his body scans. The doors slid open and he was greeted by a small android.

 

~Greetings. I am Pif, your personal service droid. All your luggage has been moved to your room. Follow me, please.~

 

Cyril observed the small droid as it led him to his room. ''Do you know who else will be staying here, Pif?''

 

The droid continued leading him as it spoke. ''Besides you, there are three others. The first is a Martian-born named~

 

*   *   *

 

Kelle sighed as he entered the dorm. The girl he had a crush on suddenly stopped calling him, saying that she had a fiance and it would be wrong to continue contacting him. He knew she wanted to be with him but couldn't for whatever reason and that made him angry. 'Why couldn't she choose who she wanted to marry? Why can't I do anything to help her?' As he was now, he had no power, no sway in these matters. Hell, he wasn't even eligible to consider marrying her until he became a general. All he could do was clench his fist and hope she would wait for him.

 

''You seem quite out of it.'' Kelle snapped out of his daze and looked in the direction of the voice he had just heard. When his eyes reached the young man before him, he gasped. 'Ares!' He had passed many Ares on the way here but none of them looked like this one. From the jewelry he wore to the uniform he wore, everything about him was beautiful and delicate yet fierce and noble. The Ares youth flashed him a smile and extended his hand. ''It's nice to meet you. I'm Cyril, Cyril Domraud.''

 

Kelle extended his hand and tried his best to smile in front of the dazzling man. Something about him lit a fire in his very being. It was as if this young man in front of him was his other half, a rival that would push him to his greatest heights. ''My name is Kelle. I hope we can get along.'' 

 

''See, I told you he wouldn't be anybody special. He's just a Martian-born'' A young man with black hair and blue eyes stated. He was speaking to an Ares with short red hair and emerald green eyes much like the core on his forehead.

 

''Much like yourself.'' 

 

''What did you say to me you little shit? I'm the second son of the Milkey Way Federation's Marshal.''

 

''Like that amounts to anything. Your father's term ends in a few years anyway. Unlike my father, the ruler of the Ares Empire.''

 

Kelle just stood there as the two bigshots argued it out. He clenched his fist as he thought of the future. 'Soon enough, I'll be up there too. Then no one will be able to look down on me.'

 

*   *   *

 

Cyril smiled knowingly. He knew exactly what Kelle was thinking in that brain of his. 'Soon enough, Yah. No one is gonna look down on me anymore, Yah.' He chuckled as he left the white-haired, red-eyed boy and sat near the two ego-maniacs. They quieted down and stared as he sat down. He smirked as he eyed the two bickering boys. ''Now that everyone's here why don't we introduce ourselves. I'm Cyril Domraud, Heir to the Domraud family and son of the prime minister of the Ares Empire.'' Cyril cringed in his mind as he introduced himself. Sadly, the only way to get some respect from these two was too flaunt his weight around. Even more so, for the Ares prince, considering he knows the truth that his 'royal' family holds no real power.

 

The Ares Prince scowled and responded. ''I'm sure you know my name already, Domraud.'' Seeing as Cyril didn't respond to his provocation he clicked his tongue and introduced himself. ''Viron de Ares''

 

Cyril nodded his head and looked towards the human who emitted waves of arrogance. ''And you?''

 

''Herman, Herman Ford'' Responded the black haired boy.

 

''Good now that we're acquainted, let's eat. I have a list of recommendations for restaurants around the city and I'm eager to try one out. It's all on me.'' He smiled and turned his attention to Kelle. ''You can come too. The more the merrier, Kelle.''

 

Kelle wore a stiff smile. ''Of course, I'll come.''

 

Cyril returned Kelle's smile and connected to his terminal. ''Great. You all won't mind if I bring my fiance, will you?'' 

 

Viron scoffed ''I don't care.'' Herman seemed to share Viron's answer since he didn't respond and Kelle just shook his head.

 

Cyril sneered inwardly. ''Good. I'll call Sala now.'' He started balling internally as the look on Kelle's face morphed and flashed with various emotions. 'Oh man, this is going to be a great dinner no doubt.'

28