Chapter 32 – Start Of Hogwarts Life
371 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When they were more than halfway to Hogwarts, and the group - with the exception of Ron - were having a blast. Harry, having bought a large quantity of sweets off the cart, was digging through the pile with the others when the door clattered open.

“Have any of you seen my toad?” asked a slightly chubby boy.

“Sorry Neville, no toad here” replied Hermione.

“Oh well” said Neville, dejectedly, “if you see him, catch him for me will you?”

“Sure” replied Harry and watched the boy walk away, checking other compartments.

Not even a few minutes had passed and the door opened once more.

“Oh look who it is” drawled a pale faced blonde boy. Two large, ape-faced boys behind him, trying their best to look menacing. “It’s Potter and his crew”

Harry looked over at the newcomer, sizing him up before smirking. “You know Malfoy, if you come visit me the first chance you get, people might think you have a crush on me”

“Why you - ” Malfoy’s usually pale face grew slightly redder from anger. “Don’t get cocky Potter, just because the Prophet started saying some nice things about you, doesn’t mean you’re not still a joke!”

“God, just go away Malfoy!” yelled Hermione.

“Shut up, mudblood. No one was talking to you” Malfoy snapped back.

That statement, elicited rage from almost all the inhabitants of that cabin. Ginny hissed at Malfoy, Ron clenched his fist and stood up, Luna frowned and Harry -

“Hahahaha!” started laughing really hard.

“Oh you misguided - little turds” said Harry between his laughter.

“What did you say?” asked Malfoy, his eyes narrowing, his voice colder than usual. “What’s so funny?”

Harry calmed down a little, wheezing and trying to catch a breath before he was finally able to reply.

“You’re rallying behind a moron, spouting all this pure-blood rubbish and you don’t even know the truth about that moron” said Harry, smirking at Malfoy.

“What the hell are you talking about, Potter?” asked an enraged Malfoy.

“I would expect this from Crabbe and Goyle because they’re dumber than a bag of rocks but I expected better from you Malfoy” said Harry disdainfully, “Find out about that moron leader of yours before you start mouthing off these pure-blood ideals in front of me”

“Do you think you can say anything you want and get away with it!?” yelled Malfoy.

“Oh?” Harry’s eyes narrowed dangerously, “And who’s going to stop me? You? Or will it be Lucius? Or perhaps little Voldemort himself?”

“Little - ” Malfoy’s face contorted in rage, “You’re dead Potter!”

Malfoy whipped his wand out, pointing it towards Harry. Hermione was the quickest, taking her wand out as well and pointing it towards Malfoy while Ginny took hers and turned towards Crabbe while, surprisingly, Luna turned towards Goyle. Ron, on the other hand, was dumbfounded by the situation.

Before any of them could take any action, a voice reverberated through the cabin. A voice that seemed like it came from nowhere but at the same time, from everywhere.

“Enough” commanded the voice. Everyone turned towards Harry, the only one that voice seemed to not have affected.

Harry glared at Malfoy, “Kneel”

The moment he said that, as if a force was compelling them, Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle found themselves kneeling on the ground.

The three stared at Harry with horrified expressions. “Wha-what - ”

Before Malfoy could finish speaking, “Keep quiet” said Harry dangerously, shutting Malfoy up.

Harry walked towards the trio, causing them to quake in their boots, clearly wanting to but unable to run away.

Harry crouched down next to Malfoy and said in a quiet voice that only the two could hear. “You better toe the line Malfoy” said Harry, “I have had just about enough of you acting superior to everyone else”

Malfoy tried to open his mouth but seemed unable to, unwillingly he stared at Harry, horror and hatred dwelling in his eyes.

“If I ever find out that you’ve stepped out of line, I’ll immediately find you and chop one of your fingers off” Harry said, a dangerous glint in his eyes, “Every time you come and try to bother me or someone I care about, I’ll chop another finger off”

Malfoy’s expression turned even more terrified. “If you don’t believe me, then try me, I’ll do it in such a way that no one would know who did it and you would never be able to prove otherwise” said Harry with an evil smirk, “So mind yourself, this is your first and last warning”

Harry got up, looking down on Malfoy, who looked like he might just leak himself and then towards Crabbe and Goyle who looked scared and clueless at the same time.

“Get out of here” said Harry.

The three idiots bolted upright and rushed out of the cabin. Harry walked to the door and gently closed it shut before returning to his seat.

Everyone but Luna sat down as well, albiet with surprised expressions. Luna on the other hand was shocked, her usually impassive face showing various emotions she normally wouldn’t.

“What just happened?” she asked.

“Oh, don’t worry about that” said Harry, waving his hand dismissively, “Come here, try this bean. It looks like it might have a rather interesting flavour”

Harry raised an olive color bean with red stripes on it, presenting it to Luna, who quickly took the bait and snatched the bean from Harry.

“Hmmm” she said, while chewing the bean. “Just as I thought”

“What is it?” asked Hermione curiously.

“Caterpillar” replied Luna.

“Ewww” shrieked Ginny and scooted away from Luna. Harry couldn’t help but laugh at their antics.

Time passed quickly and the train reached its destination.

Stepping off the train, Harry scanned his surroundings. Towering head and shoulders over the crowd of students was a very familiar face. One that, not too long ago, had helped him escape from a group of death eaters and Voldemort himself, getting injured in the process.

“Hagrid!” yelled Harry, waving at his half-giant friend.

“A’right there, Harry?” beamed Hagrid. “I’d love ta chat but duties. Come ta my house later”

With that, Hagrid turned his attention back to the students and called over all the first years, herding them into boats.

Harry smiled and turned back to his friends. At some point, Ron seemed to have disappeared. Not minding that, Harry asked, “Let’s get going as well, shall we?”

Harry, along with Luna, Hermione, Ginny and Neville, who joined them after finally having found his toad, found an empty carriage and climbed in. Harry looked over the thestrals pulling the carriage.

‘Looks like I can see them even if me witnessing death was in my past life’ thought Harry. ‘Wait, I did kill a few people so it might be that as well’

Shaking his head, he joined in the conversation going on in the carriage, joking around till they reached the castle.

Once they got off the carriage, Harry noticed Hogwarts loom overhead. A massive castle that Harry would call home for the next year.

After entering the castle, they took their seats at their respective houses and the sorting ceremony took place. The sorting hat sang its usual song and the feast finally began.

The start of year feast was much like the usual, rich food and a festive atmosphere. Unlike his past life, there were no furtive gazes pointed at him.

‘Looks like the Prophet trying to suck up to me seems to have had an effect on people’s opinions as well’ thought Harry with a smile. ‘At least I don’t have to put up with other people’s rubbish this year’

Harry looked over at the Ravenclaw table and saw Luna sitting alone, eating quietly. ‘Maybe I should ask her to join us at this table from now on, doubt anyone would have a problem with it’

After the feast, They made their way to their common room and since they had gone through a long train journey, most people headed straight to bed. Harry walked to his room, and slipped into bed.

The others hadn’t gotten to the room yet so Harry didn’t bother waiting up.

‘Ron seems to have joined up with Seamus and Dean’ thought Harry, ‘Guess that means he doesn’t want anything to do with us anymore’

Shaking his head but feeling a slight sense of relief, Harry quickly fell asleep.

The next day, Harry woke up rather early and took a seat in the common room, waiting for the others before heading for breakfast.

He only had to wait for half an hour before the girls along with Neville made their way down.

“Let’s go down to eat” proposed Harry, “Oh and I’d like to ask Luna to join us”

“That sounds like a good idea” replied Hermione with a smile.

Walking into the great hall, Harry noticed Luna at the Ravenclaw table, sitting alone as usual. He walked over to her and tapped her on the shoulder.

“Morning Luna” said Harry with a smile.

“Good morning” she replied, “How can I help you?”

“Want to join us at our table?” asked Harry. “It’s much more fun eating together”

“I’d love to” replied Luna with a rarely seen, genuine smile.

With Luna in tow, Harry took a seat and started on breakfast. Partway through, the owls arrived with mail causing Harry to look up.

“Hedwig” Harry said happily, waving at the snow-white owl flying towards him.

She dropped a letter in his lap and quickly took a seat on his shoulder, nipping at his ear affectionately before jumping onto the table and having her way with Harry’s breakfast.

Harry smiled fondly at her, watching her eat, before finally turning his attention to the letter.

Hermione, who was next to Harry, looked at him curiously, “Who is it from?” she asked.

Harry unfurled the letter and looked at the signature, “It’s from Padfoot” he replied with a grin.

“Oh? What did he say?” Ginny joined in, clearly excited.

“Hmm, let’s see” said Harry, reading through the letter. “Oh great! Hahahaha”

“What happened?” asked Hermione, getting more curious by the minute, even more so once she saw Harry start laughing.

“He handed Wormtail over to Kingsley and once people from - our group - found out that he had Wormtail hidden for a while, they scolded him for over five hours” laughed Harry.

“He had him hidden!? Where!?” yelled Hermione, attracting attention to herself.

She suddenly looked around to see many people staring at her curiously so she just embarrassedly lowered her head, almost climbing under the table.

“What’s this about Harry? Did you know about this?” asked Ginny with narrowed eyes. Luna just watched everything play out with interest.

Harry suddenly became quiet then gave a sheepish smile as he rubbed his head, “I might have been the one to capture Wormtail and bring him to Padfoot” he said.

“You did what now?” asked Hermione dangerously, forgetting her earlier embarrassment. “You’re telling me, that you did something so important, something so major and neglected to mention it to us?”

“I’m sorry!” said Harry hurriedly, “I did say I’d tell you guys later, when we had that little fight you know?”

“That is no excuse!” said Hermione, “I was as much a part of helping Padfoot as you and I deserve to know anything and everything about that situation!”

“You’re right, Hermione” replied Harry, “I’m sorry” he said, in as apologetic a tone as he could muster.

“No. More. Secrets.” Said Hermione, “Are we understood?”

“Yes ma’am!” replied Harry, a small smile on his face, ‘Well, I can’t tell you everything. Sorry about that Hermione but I will tell you most things’ he thought.

With the little drama finished, Luna asked what it was about so Harry decided to tell her, making sure to have her understand that everything had to stay secret.

Eventually, they finished breakfast and headed to their classes.

‘I wonder how Umbridge is going to be now that Fudge is no longer there as her backing’ thought Harry with a smirk, ‘This is going to be fun’

7