1 – Prologue
55.7k 10 296
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A gentle breeze rustled the forest leaves, lightly brushing across the cheeks of a young man. He sat on the floor, stark and motionless - just existing as a matter of fact.

Minutes passed like that before he could finally utter: "What. the. actual. fuck."

***

It all happened on a seemingly normal day. The moon had already rised to the sky, its glow invading Blake's room. And as any healthy grown man would do, he was currently wasting all of his free time by grinding and getting loot in an MMORPG.

Hell, his hardcore gaming skills reached such a point that his brain just shut down altogether, instead acting more akin to an A.I script than a human mind. In that state of being near-mindless, his head paid no mind to the annoying notifications that appeared every once in a while in the left corner of his vision.

[Do you wish for a new start? Y/N]

[Do you wish for a new start? Y/N]

[Do you wish for a new start? Y/N]

...

'Goddamn spam.' He reasoned before focusing back onto the game - he had a task at hand too important to worry about the uncountable number of malwares his PC could be infected with.

But sure enough, everyone had their breaking point. And after the 100th time the notification appeared, Blake couldn't bear it anymore.

'YES! Yes! Oh my god, are you happy now?' He put his mouse over the message, trying to click on it... just then realizing that it wasn't on his computer screen, but on his very sight.

"Huh?" Was the only thing he managed to say before his whole body fell into an infinite void where no sound traveled. It happened so fast that before he even acknowledged, he was sitting in the middle of a thick rainforest.

Which brings us to the present moment, where all one could hear in the forest were the singing chirps of birds and the loud curses of Blake.

***

[Merging Host Soul with Character... ERROR!]

[Merging... ERROR!]

[Host's Yang Energy incompatible with Character's Yin... seeking solution...]

[11%... 53%... 76... 99%... 100%]

[Solution found - creating a new body... creating cultivation method... pathways...]

[Complete! Welcome to Gaia, host!]

Gibberish filled his whole sight, one overlapping the other as they rained from above. The situation was so ludicrous that it took minutes for Blake to finally calm down.

'Where am I? What are these tiny boxes? Was I abducted? Did I die from sheer exhaustion?'

His tired brain almost exploded right there. Yet, that was only the tip of the iceberg.

'Gaia - isn't that the name of the game I was playing? Host? What the hell does that even mean?! ... Did- did I finally go mad?'

More and more questions started filling his mind, but then just as his body started hyperventilating - showing signs of hysteria - another weird box appeared.

[Rewarded with System Beginner Package - Opening...]

[Skill Learned! Peace of Mind Lv.1]

[Peace of Mind Lv.1 - Resisted Hysteria!]

Instantly, his body stopped heaving for breath, his frenzied mind slowing down to take into account his current condition.

'What is happening? Did I seriously just learn a skill... like in an RPG? No, that's not possible. Am I dreaming?'

He smelled the air, a humid soil scent filling his nostrils as he did so.

'... Too real for it. Then, then- is this some kind of transmigration, like those from fantasy web novels?'

A stupid grin marred his face as he thought the implications of that line of thought. It all made sense now- host, cultivation, Gaia, merging, creating a new bo- wait, WHAT?

'Merging, new body?! The hell is up with that?'

Once again, his body started trembling, though no skill helped him this time.

[Peace of Mind Lv.1 - Cooldown: 23:59 minutes]

'What the hell did you do to me?!'

He asked the system but was met with only silence. Then, he did what any self-respected gamer would do:

"Status!" He called out.

[Name: Blake]
[Race: Human]
[Body Type: Sissy]
[Class: None]
[Level: 0]
[Enhancements: None]
__
Attribute Points: 0
STR - 5 DEX - 5
END - 5 INT - 10
WIS - 10 PER - 10
CHA - 20
__
Skill Points: 0
I Peace of Mind Lv.1
__

"Bo- Body type... body type-"

The words reeled in his tongue as he read it over and over.

"Sissy." The cursed term left his lips.

Immediately, his eyes spun to the back of his head and his whole body collapsed to the floor in pure shock.

Unbeknownst to Blake, all his screaming had unintentionally attracted the attention of a peculiar creature. Using its skin as natural camouflage, it lurked around - waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike the oblivious prey.

296