26 – Lilith’s Lineage
27.2k 17 186
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

People were running away from the flames in panic, their coordination none existent. Some were even trampled by others in the mess - a true marvel to witness in Urag's eyes. Where were they even running to? The whole city was being sieged, there was nowhere to flee.

His troops were trained and deployed within a single day after Blake's departure. They received their spell knowledge and skills from Urag himself - being a Surtur had its perks after all.

Namely, the Surtur Crown Enhancement. It let Urag pass across some of his knowledge (such as Everlight and Halberd proficiency) to others in exchange for eternal loyalty. Of course, the ones who pledged servitude for their liege had to do so willingly. 

"Set a camp here. Don't kill the females." His deep bass voice carried over the battlefield. Even though he was bathed in blood, it wasn't that noticeable because of his red skin. 

He lead the striking division, the one who was starting to make a name for itself across the entire region. On the other side of the coin though, there was the puncturing unit - composed solely by Shadow Masters, it was tasked with tracking Lady Luthic's location and collecting information on the Belasco House.

Of course, it was still within its first baby steps, but with Urag's guidance... they could only be matched by the Belascos themselves. For something so complex such as spying though, it wasn't natural for Urag to have that much experience on the matter. But he couldn't be measure by normal means. 

Royal Intellect, an enhancement which granted Urag with his ancestors' wisdom; only available for those aspiring to follow their patrons' steps. Solely the strongest within a lineage were qualified to acquire it.

Valeera fell on that category, her patron being Lilith.

So was Urag, who followed the titan Surtur.

So imagine, when these both individuals are on the opposite ends of a coming war.

It was safe to say that the consequences wouldn't restrict themselves only to that small area. The Belasco faction had their hands everywhere within the human and demon empires - so, of course, there was no way things could wither into a simple strife.

With the humans already looking for a reason to invade demon lands, Urag proved to be the perfect one. Plus, the Belascos were pouring even more oil on the exploding barrel.

Yolanda understood that much. She knew what she had to do now - take advantage of the rising tension and take Blake out from the unavoidable mess.

If her plan worked without a hitch, she would not only be able to save Blake but also get away from the clutches of her own clan. 

'Those leeching rats...' She thought as she recalled Lavender. Since she last remembered, her clan had fallen from grace. There were two main branches in Lilith's lineage - the Draenei and the Nymphs.

The only difference between the two was the 'extra' package the Draenei had. At first, they were abandoned by Lilith herself because of their obnoxious appearance - gaining their name Draenei, the Exiled Ones. But through the use of their cunning, they slowly ascended back in power. 

The Nymphs, too used to their hegemony, grew slack. That was their worst and final mistake, as their clan was gradually bribed and infiltrated from the inside out.

When they finally realized what was happening, it was too late, their ranks already filled with corruption. 

And now, Yolanda was suffering the consequences. She did regret leaving Blake in a hotel just to fulfill an 'important' task given by her house. It was nothing more than a distraction to stray her away from Blake. 

Shaking her head, Yolanda erased her mind from such thoughts. She had to focus. Nothing else mattered at the moment.

Her figure wobbled a bit, dust rising from the floor, before disappearing like smoke. She watched the orcs from afar, analyzing their movements. 

If they took too long, she would need to implant fake information about moving elsewhere with the slaves. The blood moon was soon, and she knew what would happen if it came to that point.

After all, she could be fooled by her clan, but she wasn't oblivious as to Blake's identity and... memorable surprise.

One thing was certain though, she was taking Blake out of the crossfire one way or another.

186