Chapter 7: Wyvern Fight
4.2k 11 94
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dragons, they are believed to be the first species created by God, and therefore the most powerful and closest to God. They, along with the Pope, are the only beings capable of receiving prophecies, and the Ancient Earth Dragon, Vulcan, had just received one.

[To the East is an enemy, both a threat to Terra and Heaven. Take it out before it grows, the bladed Heathen.]

Vulcan broke out into cold sweat. A being which could pose a threat not just to Terra, but also to Heaven? He decided to send a small portion of his Wyverns, approximately a hundred, to find this bladed creature located in the East. 

Vulcan: {Do not attack humans. Find every bladed creature and finish them off. }

He decided not to attack humans yet. They weren't a strong race, but they numbered more than a billion. Of course, they would not win if a war does start, but the damage to both side would be catastrophic. Besides, humans are too weak to pose a threat to Heaven, unlike the ever evolving monsters.

Vulcan: {I pray that this creature dies before it can cause any trouble.}

[2 days later, at the village...]

The number of goblins in the forest near the village has reduced drastically, and thus, my leveling has come to a halt at Level 18. Nowadays, I just hunted animals for food for the villagers, it wasn't anything special.

Village Dismantler: {Is this an Alpha Boar?!}

Me: {Why yes it is. Why?}

Village Dismantler: {WHY?! One of this Alpha Boar is enough to annihilate a small town! You managed to take one down? You are incredibly strong, aren't you? }

Haha yes, praise me more, feed my ego. Actually, I had taken 2 Alpha boars down, but telling him that may give him a heart attack. I took down a Level 29 with bombs and a Level 31 with my guns. Using the bomb was overkill and left the boar splattered all over the place. The gun, however, left the boar mostly intact and easy to transport. The previously tough hide is now easily penetratable with my 《Increased Projectile Damage》 and Wind Magic infused bullets. Its Rock Spikes could not even do anything to me after I found out that magic circles can be destroyed with my magic infused bullets. Of course, a normal human can't even think about taking on an Alpha Boar alone. After 《Appraisal》 reached Level 3, I can see the targets' levels. Normal humans are generally Level 10 while guards are generally Level 12. John was a whopping Level 16, the highest in the village, while the village chief was Level 14. Of course, I was higher than all of them. I was about to brag to the dismantler some more when my 《Presence Detection》 picked up on something. It was powerful but it wasn't hostile. It was still 3km away from the village, and it seemed to be, flying? I activated stealth and flew up to meet it outside the village. It might not be hostile now, but who knows what might happen when it sees a village. After I flew for a kilometre, its figure finally became close enough to discern, and I let out a gasp.

(Is that a dragon?!)

The creature was still 500m away so appraisal could not work on it, but I could see its reptilian head and bat-like wings attached to its fore limbs. All of a sudden, it stopped in mid air and roared in my direction. Despite never hearing its language before, I could feel its intention.

???: {Deactivate your stealth or be destroyed.}

I was shook. This was the first creature able to detect me in my stealth. I quickly deactivated my stealth to show that I meant no harm. The dragon-like creature looks shocked.

???: { What are you? What are those things on your head that keep spinning?}

As expected, it was surprised to see me. I am the first of my kind in this world afterall.

Me: {I'm a helicopter, and those spinny things on my head are my rotor blades.}

The creature visibly recoiled when I said the word "blades", leading me to wander if it had trauma towards swords or something. Bloodlust began seeping out of the creature. 

???: {DIE! HEATHEN!}

The creature roared and charged towards me. I suspected that this might happen, so I had already prepared Wind Magic Infused bullets in advance. I activated 《Physical Enhancement》, targeted each of it wings with my guns and open fired.

{BANG! BANG! BANG!}

The bullets flew towards it, but it managed to dodge them before continuing to fly towards me. The gap between us was instantly closed to 250m, the range of my appraisal.

(Appraisal)

[Wyvern Lvl 40: Belonging to the Lesser Dragons family, they are weaker than a True Dragon. However, they can't be underestimated as their power level are above the average beast. They range from between 10m to 20m]

A Wyvern, huh? This one seems to be 18m long. I reloaded and open fired again. This time, some of my bullets hit its wings which slowed it down slightly. Alas, the Wyvern was now right in front of me. It tried slashing me with its claws on its hind legs, but I managed to swerve and avoid it. Now targeting both of its wings with one gun and its head with the other, I open fired again. Due to our close proximity, none of my shots missed. The hole in its wings grew more numerous, while the bullets aimed at its head ricocheted off, creating sparks. Its eye had a layer of transparent eyelid, which prevented my bullets from going through. Its mouth began glowing orange, which I assumed was an indicator for an attack and began swerving. A fireball, a metre in size, flew towards me at high speed. Fortunately, I was already flying sideways and barely managed to dodge it.

Me: {HA! It will take more than that to take me out!} 

That was when the fireball on my left, which should have missed, exploded right beside me. The flames enveloped me as I was knocked away by the force. I activated my 《Third Person View》 and shuddered. My entire left side was charred and melted. One of my gun was drooping at an angle and I could no longer control it. I checked my status, and was shocked to find out that half of my health was gone. I struggled to regain control before realising the Wyvern had appeared right in front of me again. It jeered at me.

Wyvern: { You fool! I can control the trajectory of my fireballs on command. Prepare to die, sinner. }

It slashed at me with its claws once again, but I managed to back up a little, resulting in one of its leg hitting my blades instead.

[Snap!]

One of my blades broke in half, but the Wyvern did not come out unscathed either. Its foot had cleanly separated from the rest of its body, blood continuously spurting out of its stump like a Bloody Stream. It roared again, this time with panic and pain contained in its roar. I finally regained control of my movement and continued my bullet assault with renewed vigour while checking my Status. I only had one-third of my health left, it was no wonder I felt so heavy. This time, one of the bullet penetrated its eyelid and entered its eye. The eye immediately became bloodshot and it roared with pain. Unexpectedly, it folded its wings in front of it and began free falling.

(Is it committing suicide? )

A part of me dared to hope that the Wyvern was committing suicide due to the disgrace of being so badly damaged by an unknown creature, but the wind churning on the inside of its wings proved otherwise. The holes in its wings showed that the Wyvern was channeling a ball of spinning wind, and it was becoming faster and more visible by the second. 

(This is bad!)

I did a 180 and flew out of there as fast as I could. My rotors and blades, which were already damaged by the explosion, began to work overtime, but I was still no where close to my original speed. Smoke began pouring out of them. I felt that if I had a mouth, it would begin foaming.

[You have learnt 《Charge》 Lvl 1.]

[《Charge》 allows you to rush towards a location or target at 200% of your current speed. Colliding with a target will deal damage to both the user and the target. Damage depends on the speed and weight of the user. ]

What good luck I have. I used 《Charge》 to accelerate even further. My intuition tells me to get as far from the wyvern as possible. Suddenly, I heard a loud pop from behind. I continued forward without looking back. However, a few seconds later, after I traveled another few hundred metres, I began to wonder why haven't I been knocked down by a shockwave or something. I stopped and looked back, fully expecting to see a magic air ball or wave directly in my face, but the outcome was something I had not expect. Around the Wyvern was a wasteland, a 50m stretch of uprooted trees and upturned soil.

(Eh? That was all?)

Sure, destroying everything in a 50m radius is impressive, but I expected a lot more. Also, my intuition was absolute garbage. I fled more than 800m for an attack with a range of 50m. I'm never trusting it again.

I activated stealth and flew towards the Wyvern. It was sprawled on the ground, panting as it looked around. Maybe it was due to its condition, but it only noticed me when I was directly above it. It looked as insignificant as an ant, swimming in its own pool of blood. I deactivated my stealth to taunt it while opening my bomb bay doors. The Wyvern stared at me, its single eye filled with hatred and the will to fight. Too bad for it, if it wanted to live to fight another day, it shouldn't have targeted me. 

(Bombs are ready to go.)

I decided to let it go out with a bang. That was the least I could do, since I did not want to let it live. It could target me again after recovering, you know? I was merely defending myself.

(Wait, where did it go?)

Just kidding, I could see it approaching me from my left, where my damaged gun is. It charged at me without making any noise, intending to take me out with a sneak attack. Oh noooo, what am I supposed to dooooo? That's an easy question with an easy answer. I shot upwards while extending my hook. The Wyvern, already fatally damaged and tired, could not alter its course. My hook and chain, which has Wind Magic infused into it, shot out at high speed and began entwining the Wyvern. I forced its wings closed by wrapping them up and then changed the Magic infused in the chain from Wind to Earth before disconnecting the chain. The hook and chain, together with the Wyvern, fell onto the ground. I had already won, the Wyvern could not escape from the chain infused with Earth magic which increases the durability of the chain. The Wyvern began shrieking pitifully on the ground.

It was a good opponent which had taught me a lot, I couldn't let it continue suffering and decided to use my strongest attack to finish it off. Its not like I wanted to see things go boom, you know? All 7 of my normal 100 lb bombs released one after another. The Wyvern could only let out one final indignant shriek before the bombs reached the ground, resulting in a spectacular explosion. 

[You have killed Wyvern Lvl 40. You gained 720 experience.]

[You have leveled up from Level 18 to Level 20. You gained 6 Heli Points.]

[You have reached the maximum level of 20. You have two different path to choose to evolve into, which helicopter would you like to evolve into?

1) Attack Helicopter

2) Utility Helicopter

I quickly appraised utility helicopter.

[A utility helicopter is a helicopter capable of fulfilling multiple roles such as combat and transport.]

Huh? A multi-purpose helicopter, that would be useful since I was planning to live with humans. I was deciding between the two when my 《Presence Detection》 picked up something for the second time today. There were two of them this time, one flying in from the North and one flying in from the South. Both presences are similar in power with the Wyvern I just killed. And they were equally bloodthirsty...... Tsk, that wasn't a cry of indignation, it was a call for reinforcement. Without hesitation, I picked the safer choice.

(I choose 1.)

[You have selected Attack Helicopter, are you sure you want to evolve? Y/N]

(Yes.)

And just like the first time, I started emitting light.

A/N: I changed some stuff from previous chapter such as the level of the Alpha Boar. 

Another A/N: lol I removed the name of the helicopters.

94