Chapter 10: Visiting the Capital
3.9k 15 85
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Professor: {I have never seen such a manner of creature before.}

The scholarly looking guy, who turned out to one of the Capital University's professor, walked around me while inspecting every inch. 

(Well... this is awkward.)

This has been going on for quite a while now. We were currently in the middle of the village square and many people are staring at us. If I had known he would take this long, I wouldn't have give him permission to inspect me. Finally, he backs away.

Professor: {Yep, you have to go to the Capital to register your species.}

I sighed. In this world, or at least in this kingdom, new species had to be reported to the Capital to be recorded down in a book. It's a logical system but it's simply causing trouble to me.

I asked unhappily: {How do I register? Do I just fly into the castle? Won't that cause panic?}

Professor: {No, of course not. You have to land in front of the kingdom's gate and queue up like everyone else. I can come with you if you like, I never wanted to come to this shabby village anyways.}

The village chief who was also in the room frowned but said nothing, he did not want to offend someone from the Capital afterall.

Professor: {We can't transport you on horses, can we? How fast are you compared to a horse?}

I did some quick calculation before answering: {I can travel at twice the speed of horses while on the ground and seven times the speed of horses while flying.}

The professor looked at me, his face full of doubt: {No offense, but you don't even have wings. Even if you did, you would be too large to fly. Gosh, I thought you were kidding when you said you wanted to fly into the castle before.}

Ho! Did this guy just insult me? My rotor blades started spinning. Every villager immediately distanced themselves from me, but the professor and a few knights decided to stand their ground only to be blown away. They looked at me while lying on the ground in fear and awe as I lifted off from the ground. And just like the first time I made contact with humans, I did some fancy tricks in the air. Due to evolving and my 《Flight》 skill being higher level than before, I was a lot more majestic in the air then the first time. This time, I could even play dramatic music using my speaker, adding on to the effect of my dance routine. When I landed, I was swarmed by villagers asking for my signature. I felt like an idol. Was this an idol novel the whole time?

Professor: {Wha-How?}

I smugly said to him: {As you can see, travelling to the Capital would be a breeze for me.}

With new found respect for my mobility and artistic talent, the professor came up with a new plan. The knights would stay here to investigate the forest while I would bring the professor to the Capital to help me register and then bring him back. He wasn't that important anyways. They only needed him to inspect the Goblins' behaviors. 

And so, our journey began. At first, we stayed silent due to the professor being too distracted by the scenery, which allowed me to think about the past few days. Why did the Wyvern suddenly show hostility towards me? It wasn't hostile while I was still in stealth. I shouldn't have offended anyone other than the goblins and, of course, that military otaku. I'm sure that the goblins are unable to send Wyverns after me, and I'm pretty sure God had a task for me so he wouldn't try to kill me. But then again, I did not attempt to complete the task at all, and the Wyvern did call me a heathen. In the end, I manage to come up with three possible conclusions. 

First conclusion: the Wyvern decided I was an easy prey and attacked me. After grossly underestimating me, it called for its pack members with it's final breath. 

Second conclusion: The Wyvern was sent to kill me by the Goblins' higher up. Someone with the Wyverns viewed as God. Maybe the Goblin Lord somehow tamed them. Ugh, I really want to meet the Goblin Lord.

Third conclusion: God or some kind of holy being sent the Wyverns. That would explain them calling me a Heathen, but would God really want to kill me after reincarnating me. Shouldn't he give me some sort of warning first? 

I hope the first conclusion was correct. That would mean that I can avoid a lot of trouble in the future. Even so, I decided to stay in the village even if I am being targeted. If I was being observed, the observer would already know about the village. Running away may cause the master mind to ignore the village, but it would also leave the village defenceless against a being capable of controlling Wyverns. Kira was stronger than I thought but I wasn't sure if she could take on multiple Wyverns. So, I decided to stay.

After an hour, the Professor and I began to engage in small talks. His name was Carl Roses. His family was able to buy into nobility many years ago by selling, as you have guessed, their children. Children, are of course, what they call their boars since they are so well taken care of which made their meat more tender than any other companies. If you ask me, calling them 'Children' is pretty bad marketing, but I wasn't a noble so maybe I did not know something.

Carl: {My father, the current head of the household, managed to double the number of children in his farm. He has over a million children now and is supplying them all over the kingdom. If people wanted to eat good children, they would order from us.}

I resisted the urge to toss him out of my cockpit.

Finally, the Capital's walls were within sight. I landed and made my way to the queue, receiving a lot of stares on the way.

Carl: {Pfft. I'm a noble. We don't have to queue up with the commoners. The noble queue is shorter so take that one.}

I quickly drove over to the noble's queue. Queuing to enter, which would have originally taken a few hours, still took a few hours since the nobles in front of me were taking their own sweet time. When we finally reached the front, Carl showed a guard a pass of sorts and scribbled something on a piece of paper before the guard allowed us to pass. 

(Woah.)

There were all sorts of foodstalls on each side of the road. I could see a huge blacksmith shop and multiple clothing shop. There was even a fancy cafe, too bad I cant eat, let alone taste anything. The middle of the street was clear of obstacles for carriages to pass through. Since the road for carriages was still too narrow for me, I activated stealth and flew the rest of the way to the castle. It was pretty funny to see Carl getting confused about why we were getting ignored despite flying over their heads. Within 5 minutes, I reached the front of the castle.

Me: {Get out.}

Carl: {No.}

Me: {GET OUT!}

Carl: {But this seat is so comfortable.}

True, I bought 《Comfortable Seats》 for 1 Heli Point on accident, but that doesn't mean that he can stay in there. He finally began to climb out of the cockpit as I silently judged him. 

Me: {God, the other humans weren't as irritating when I let them inside of me.}

I realised the mistake in my phrasing, but it was far too late. Carl stopped climbing and started fake crying : {You have let other humans inside of you before? I thought we had something special.} 

Me: {I'm sorry but I can't resist the urge any further.}

Just like how a newly-wed husband throws his wife onto the bed, I cradled his body carefully with my hook and slammed him onto the cold, stone pavement with all my force.

Carl: {@#$!}

Oh? He survived, how sturdy of him. That's what you get for saying such obscene things. If he continued, this novel was going to get multiple new tags. I always thought the first ride I would give is to a girl. We would fall in love as we flew off into the sunset. That dream was soon crushed when I was made to transport adventurers, but even then, I did not feel as dirty as I do now after transporting Carl.

Carl was dusting himself off when someone called out to him.

???: {Son?}

An elderly man that had just exited from the castle looked at Carl in surprise.

Carl: {Dad? What are you doing here?}

Carl's Dad: {His Majesty has asked for an increase in supply of boar meat to the front lines. I'm here to discuss the price.}

I gasped: {You are the children seller!}

Carl's dad's face immediately whitened: {How did you know?!}

We stayed silent for awhile before I confirmed something: {Children is what you call your beloved boars, right?}

Carl's Dad: {S-Sure it is! Please excuse me, I'm in a rush, I have to go off.}

He scurried off. Leaving Carl and I staring at his back.

Me: {Two questions.}

Carl: {Fire ahead.}

Me: {No one calls your boar children, do they?}

Carl: {Yep.}

Ugh, I was stupid for believing such a thing was possible.

Me: {Second question, what was that all about?}

Carl answered in a worried tone: {I have no idea...}

We decided to investigate him later, but first, registration. Carl talked to the receptionist, which castles definitely have, and she contacted someone via a magic communication crystal.

Soon, a servant arrived and surprisingly, we did not enter the castle. He led us to a room on the outside of the castle, which had a big door, big enough even for me. We waited for a while before a middle-aged woman arrived. 

She bowed down to me and apologised: {Sorry for the wait, I am Sally, the staff that is hosting the registration of your species today.}

She hit a lever and the door opened. Inside was a room bigger than I expected. It was 50m×100m at least, with a height of around 15m. I could see dummies, targets and race tracks around. 

Sally: {We use Space Manipulation magic to make the room bigger. Please follow me to the table.}

Near the entrance was a table which looked like the one used in job interviews. On top of the table was a stack of paper.

Carl: {Allow me to write.}

His hand reached out for a feather pen, but was blocked by my hook.

Me: {Allow her to do it instead, afterall, she is the professional.}

I couldn't let him do it. He is going to name my species something stupid. 

Carl: {You are missing out on the name "Mean Spinning Machine".}

His naming sense was as great as ever. Also, they have machines in this world?

And so, the interview began.

Sally: {What is your species?}

Me: {Attack Helicopter.}

Sally: {What is the population of your species?}

Me: {One.}

The questions went on and on.

Sally: {If you see a group of goblins, what would your species do?}

Me: {Make friends with them of course.}

Sally: {But in your Combat Experience of your race question, you said you killed Goblins without discrimination.}

Me: {OH GOBLINS! Sorry, I get humans and goblins mixed up sometimes.}

I really don't, but the amount of question was starting to piss me off.

Sally: {And we are done with the paperwork, we can move on to the capability test now.}

Please, I just want to get this over with.

Sally: {The dummies are your t-}

[BRRRRTTTT! ]

The dummies burst into straw. 

Sally: {The targets over ther-}

[BRRRRTTTT! ]

The targets burst into wood chips.

Sally: {You said you confuse between humans and goblins sometimes?}

I answered good naturedly: {Only when something drags on for far too long.}

Sally coughed: {Very well then, let us speed the process up. Your combat opponent over ther-}

Combat Opponent: {ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?}

Sally: {We need a moving target to ascertain his abilities.}

Combat Opponent: {I CAN'T EVEN SEE HIS ATTACKS! ALSO, YOU AREN'T EVEN GOING TO HIDE THE FACT THAT I'M NO MATCH FOR HIM AND STRAIGHT UP CALL ME A TARGET?!}

They argued for awhile before they decided to release a Goblin for me to fight.

[GWAH!]

[BRRRRTTTT!]

Sally: {Time to test your speed.}

Ahhhhhhh. 

[Half an hour later...]

Finally, the registration was over. The torture has ended, I couldn't wait to go back to the village.

Sally: {The record book will be updated within a week, please stay here until then.}

Ahhhhhhh.

Carl: {Hey, at least we have time to investigate my Father now.}

Goddamn it Carl, why do you even trust me this much.

85