77 What’s Wrong?
113 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the stream of passengers got a little less intensive, somebody tapped Li Ming’s shoulder. He turned around, expecting to see somebody that wasn’t sure where to go and wanted to ask him for help. Instead, he came face-to-face with Rui Lan.

Li Ming stared at him, not quite sure what to do.

Rui Lan raised his brows, his gaze turning a little doubtful. "Alright, what’s wrong with you?"

Li Ming gave a wry smile. Was it so obvious? He just shook his head though. That matter with Su Yan had been bad enough. In fact, it had been bad enough for him to keep his job and go somewhere else. Now, how bad would it be with Mo Fang? He couldn’t just go anywhere else. In fact, not just work, he couldn’t even evade him in his private time since he had just moved in with him and didn’t know where else to go. What should he do?

Rui Lan crossed his arms in front of his chest, looking at Li Ming with some anger. "Hey, you can’t say that it’s nothing and then look like that. What happened?"

Li Ming’s gaze grew even more complicated and he looked around, trying to see whether they could have a moment to themselves. When he saw that there were only a handful of passengers left, he pulled Rui Lan to the side and lowered his voice. "I … I did something really stupid."

Rui Lan nodded slowly. "Alright? What kind of stupid are we talking about?"

Li Ming furrowed his brows and looked at the ground. "It’s about Mo Fang."

Rui Lan sighed and brushed through his hair before rubbing his forehead. "Don’t tell you’ve fallen in love?"

Li Ming was startled but then hurriedly shook his head. "No!" Anyway, how could that be? He still wasn’t over Su Yan and he had only known Mo Fang for a week. There was no way he could actually be in love with him.

Although … he could not deny that there was a bit of attraction. That was probably what had made this happen in the first place. Thinking about it like this, he actually felt worse. With Su Yan, he could at least say that he had been pining for him for two years and then his hope had caused him to make the wrong decision. It wasn’t an excuse but it was at least an explanation.

But with Mo Fang? They hardly knew each other. There was no love to speak of. Taking advantage of him … in a sense, it was even worse.

Rui Lan stared at him, feeling vexed. "Ah Ming! Can you get out with it already?" This guy was driving him nuts! If something was up, couldn’t he say it out loud already? How was he supposed to help him if he just kept mum?!

Li Ming furrowed his brows, glancing over to their co-workers. "We shouldn’t leave everything to them."

Rui Lan groaned but still pushed him back to the gate. "Don’t think you’ll get off this easily! I’m going to drag you along as soon as we get off our shift."

Li Ming wanted to object but Rui Lan just glared at him, obviously not in the mood for a discussion.

In the end, Li Ming could only sigh and get back to work. To be honest, he would have liked to talk about this with someone. Talking with Mo Fang yesterday had helped him, after all. If he had somebody that he could talk things through with this time as well, maybe he’d know what to do going from here.

But … talking about it with Rui Lan was somewhat awkward. For one, Rui Lan had warned him not to get too close to Mo Fang but he hadn’t listened. And even if he ignored that, they were still all co-workers. Speaking about it with him was almost as if he was gossiping about Mo Fang. How could he do that? No, the fault lay with him so he should take responsibility. He definitely couldn’t let this negatively affect Mo Fang. He just couldn’t.

With these kinds of thoughts, the hours dragged on seemingly forever until it was finally time for them to get off work.

Rui Lan came over as soon as the co-workers that were supposed to take over arrived and grabbed his shoulder. "Alright, let’s go and eat something. Feel yourself invited."

Li Ming gave a faint smile. "Didn’t you say the other day I owed you? I guess it should be me who pays instead."

Rui Lan tsked. "Don’t even talk about it! I almost have to drag you over. If I still let you pay, I’d feel like an asshole. You’d better pay up next time though!"

Li Ming nodded, not complaining in the least. He still didn’t know what to say but he did appreciate that Rui Lan had reached out to him.

The two of them went to the changing room. When Li Ming opened the locker, he was greeted by the sight of the bag where he had put Mo Fang’s clothes. He stopped in his tracks and then slowly reached out, taking it out with mixed feelings. Ah, Mo Fang’s life was currently entwined with his in all areas, wasn’t it? Work, home, … even this kind of small thing like his clothes depended on him. The kind of situation he had put him in …

"Eh, what are you doing?" Rui Land leaned at the locker next to him and raised his brows.

Li Ming opened his mouth but finally didn’t know what to say.

Rui Lan glanced at the bag and then motioned at it with his chin. "Does that have anything to do with why you’re so strange today? Trouble at the gym or something?" His expression suddenly turned subtle. "You … wouldn’t have met somebody at the gym, would you? Also a gay dude?" If that was the case, it would be great! It was about damn time that Li Ming got over Su Yan, after all.

Unfortunately, he wasn’t about to get an answer. Before Li Ming could say anything, a delicate voice spoke up from behind them.

"Bro Li met somebody at the gym? When was that?"

2