235 A Nice Surprise?
28 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stepping onto the sidewalk in front of the building, Yao Ai turned around to the two guys with sparkling eyes. "Alright, where do we go today?"

"I know a place!" Duan Zhi Hao immediately waved at them, not waiting for any response.

Yao Ai looked at Li Ming but he just shrugged his shoulders. Somehow, he had been roped into going out to eat or do some kind of activity with these two after each day of the course.

He definitely wouldn’t have done this if he was alone but he had to admit that it was kind of nice. Anyway, hadn’t he wanted to do more for himself in the future? Now, look at this! Clearly, he didn’t need Mo Fang in his life to go out and have fun. Clearly, he could do the same with good friends.

And yes, even though they were a rather strange trio, he did feel like he could count these two as his friends. Maybe not very close friends considering that they had barely known each other for two weeks but if there was a chance to spend more time in the future, then he was sure that they could be closer in the future.

Seeing that Li Ming didn’t mind either way, Yao Ai immediately rushed after Duan Zhi Hao. "What kind of place is it?"

"Oh, you’ll see when we get there." Duan Zhi Hao apparently insisted on making this a mystery.

Li Ming didn’t mind at all and was actually quite happy that he would be surprised later on. So far, what Yao Ai and Duan Zhi Hao had chosen had always been interesting places. He really couldn’t complain. Whatever Duan Zhi Hao had his eyes on for today should be the same. If it was something that was too controversial, he probably would’ve brought it up beforehand so he didn’t worry at all.

Yao Ai couldn’t help but want to try and figure it out before they actually arrived though. "Is it … a bar with a happy hour?"

Duan Zhi Hao and Li Ming looked at her and then exchanged a glance before looking back.

"What?" Yao Ai looked from one person to the other, not understanding what was going on.

"Do you think they’d let us in a bar with you tagging along?"

Yao Ai stiffened, looking down at herself. "Why not?"

"You look like the kind of girl that’d walk into a bar and get their license revoked."

Yao Ai huffed and shook herself, feeling that what Duan Zhi Hao was saying had no merit at all. She definitely wasn’t that kind of girl! "Well, if it’s not that, then it must be something really special. Is it a bakery?"

Duan Zhi Hao frowned, giving her another puzzled look. "Why would it be a bakery?"

"Well, we didn’t go to one yet. And I do like the smell of freshly baked cake. So I wouldn’t mind if it was one. You could tell me beforehand you know."

Duan Zhi Hao shook his head, not intending to do so.

Yao Ai gave a hum and then turned to Li Ming. "What do you think it is?"

Li Ming hooked up the corners of his lips. "I’d say it’s a surprise."

"You!" She slapped his arm, feeling that he was betraying her there. "You look like a friendly older brother but you actually teamed up with brother Duan against me. You be honest with me! You actually know where we’re going, don’t you?"

Li Ming shook his head. "No, I’m afraid I don’t. But I don’t mind either. Look at it this way: You are being led to a place you don’t know yet that somebody painstakingly chose among a lot of other options just to show you. That’s a nice surprise, isn’t it? That person is doing something special just for you.

"If you were being given a gift, wouldn’t you also want to take off the wrapping paper and find out what’s inside by yourself instead of being told what it is before you could have a look? This is the same just that the time we spend walking there will be a bit longer."

"No fair! Taking off wrapping paper is a matter of seconds. You just dig in and then it’s off. Who knows how long we’ll have to walk?"

Duan Zhi Hao slowed down and gave Yao Ai a look. "You know, since the moment I met you, I’ve always secretly thought you were a savage. Now, I know it’s true. Somebody who only takes a few seconds for wrapping paper is just shredding the thing. Honestly, I’m not sure anymore if I should even take you to the place I chose."

Yao Ai blinked, feeling that there was some kind of hint in there but she wasn’t sure what to make of it. She turned to Li Ming again, hoping that this time, he would be a little more forthcoming.

Li Ming just shrugged his shoulders though. "Well, it might be a china shop. Better be careful then. I’m not paying for it if you destroy some expensive vase."

Yao Ai pursed her lips. "In those days that we’ve been out, have I destroyed anything? I don’t think so."

Duan Zhi Hao gave a hum that sounded as if he wasn’t of the same opinion. "You destroyed a ton of food. Now that I think about it, you treated that like you treat wrapping paper. Going right in with no regard for the poor thing’s feelings."

Yao Ai aimed a kick at his leg but missed by about half a meter.

Li Ming shook his head at the two and then motioned ahead. "We should focus on walking. The sooner we’ll get to the place and sister Yao will finally know. I sure hope for you it’ll be a good surprise though, brother Duan. Otherwise, you might be the one getting destroyed!"

Duan Zhi Hao just waved. "Oh, I wouldn’t worry about that. That type of place, I chose it specifically for sister Yao."

Li Ming raised his brows, feeling that he had an idea of just where they might be going. But then, he didn’t say that out loud and just followed along until they finally stood in front of the door to the place Duan Zhi Hao had chosen.

Looking up at the sign above, he smiled to himself. It looked like he had been right.

0