448 His Will
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mo Fang sighed deeply and then shook his head, trying to pull himself out of those memories. “Anyway, he always made sure to have time for me. He was like that with everyone. I don’t know how he did it but … even though he was working a lot, whether it was his family, his friends, or me as his lover, none of us ever felt like he didn’t make time for us. I guess he just had a gift for … utilizing his time well.”

He shrugged again, feeling that it sounded underwhelming when he said it even though it had been one of those things he loved about Yu Ting. But then, you probably simply couldn’t recount somebody’s life like that and give an accurate picture of how they had been.

He thought for a bit and then tapped his phone that he had kept on the table after exchanging contact information earlier. “I still have some pictures from our dates and also some he sent me while on the outings with his friends. I can show them to you or send them later.”

Qiao Ya nodded wildly. “Yes, please! Actually, do you have videos too?” She would love to see more of this brother of hers but a picture only showed you that much. A video though …

Mo Fang’s expression was a bit complicated but he still nodded in the end. “Sure. I’ll … I’ll have a look at them after I get home and then send some to you.”

“That’s awesome!”

Si Tao looked to the side and reached out, rubbing Mo Fang’s shoulder. “How about discussing the other issue now?” He knew that it might be a bit too early to change the topic but he wasn’t sure if Mo Fang would be able to take the direction this was taking for much longer. This whole matter was still difficult for him, after all.

Qiao Ya looked from one person to the other, not sure what to make of this. “What other issue?”

Mo Fang glanced at Si Tao. He also knew why he was doing this and, to be honest, maybe this was indeed for the best. He was starting to feel a little heavy. Since they already had each other’s contact details saved, they could still communicate about those things later. So that only left one matter they should discuss now.

He rubbed his hands, pondering how to start. Finally, he figured that he should just base it on the little Qiao Ya knew by now. “Well, from what I’ve told you so far, you should have gathered that Ah Ting was quite wealthy.”

Qiao Ya nodded. “Yeah, that seems to be the case. Why though?”

Mo Fang lowered his head and gave a hum. “He … he always made sure to be on top in regard to how to deal with everything should he …” He sighed and shook his head. “Well, you know.”

At this, Qiao Ya didn’t know what to say. She felt like she understood what Mo fang had just said but she wasn’t sure how this concerned her. Anyway, her brother hadn’t even known about her and also hadn’t had any current information on their mother so it wasn’t like his will or whatever had anything to do with her.

So, what did Mo Fang actually mean? Was he afraid she’d ask for something that wasn’t meant for her? Thinking of that, Qiao Ya cheered up. “I … don’t care about that. You don’t have to worry. Anyway, my dad is doing quite well and even though I’m taking some time to figure out what I want to do now that I have finished school, I am sure that I can find a good job in the future. I wouldn’t want to try and get something that my brother left for others. You really don’t have to worry. Anyway, he was already adopted. Doesn’t that mean that, officially, we’re not actual family?”

Mo Fang smiled. “That would be what that means, yes. But that’s only in the legal sense. Ah Ting always … well, his adopted family was his family and he would have wanted his biological family to be his family as well, no need to distinguish between them in any way.

“As for his will, he really didn’t state anything about your side of the family since he wasn’t aware. But throughout our relationship, he did talk about how he wanted to find his biological family. And while he didn’t make it explicit, I know he would have wanted you to have something of his.

“By now, whether it is sentimental items, material possessions, or money, it has all been split between his family and me according to the will. I would like to give some of my part to you though. It’s what he would have wanted.”

“Oh, you really don’t need to …” Qiao Ya wasn’t sure what to do with this. She had only found out on this day that she even had a half-brother in the first place. Suddenly accepting money from his estate seemed wrong.

Mo Fang smiled faintly. “You don’t have to worry that I’ll miss out. I … Well, my own family is rich as well so it’s not like I am going to go bankrupt if we split. Not to mention that I’ll be keeping half.

“But either way, you don’t have to decide today either. I just want you to know that these are my intentions. You should probably talk it over with somebody you trust and then, after some time, we can talk about it again. Don’t feel pressured in either direction. It’s completely up to you.”

Qiao Ya still felt bad about it but seeing Mo Fang’s sincere look, she finally nodded. Anyway, if she didn’t have to decide right then and there, she shouldn’t worry too much. She’d go home and talk to her dad and then see from there. Also, in the meantime, she still wanted to know more about this brother of hers. Clearly, she had barely scratched the surface in that regard.

0