Chapter 57: Rewarding
155 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It took 3 days for the group to return to First City. This time around they had gained a lot less Iceborne soldiers then they had expected but things weren’t all bad.

 

In total 200 Iceborne joined them, nearly all of which were experienced fighters at this point. The real treasure was the magical equipment within the palace, some of the stuff found was extremely valuable. The bird-like device he had used earlier to insert a message mentally and transmit it over a large area was one of these things. It seemed that they had explored a small ruin since many of the things were created using runes.

 

But the biggest find within this pile of magical items were still, without a doubt, the large number of magical crystals. Finding over a dozen of these was a truly great find. 

 

When the group got back to first city it had been exactly a month since the war involving the Iceborne had started. And so, as if on queue, more notifications popped up.

 

| The IGB that sponsored you was satisfied with your journey |

| Personal event: ‘Defeat as many enemy Iceborne as you can’ has been completed |

| Completion grade: B |

| Rewards: 20 magical crystals, 300 gold, D grade cultivation technique, 10 special tokens |

| The IGB will keep an eye on you in the future |

 

Seeing this flurry of notification Jay felt odd. The rewards were great, the 300 gold coins made the total amount of gold gained a total of 1000. Way more then what should be the case. The magical crystals could translate in either more golems or more ballistae, both of which would be extremely helpful for future development.

 

The D grade cultivation technique was something truly amazing. If he gave this to his generals they might be able to keep up with him and breakthrough to Tier 2 in a similar timeline. As for the special tokens, he already had 5 previous to this reward so with that amount tripled it was just about time to put it to use.

 

Taking out the city also got him a number of blueprints, but sadly, none of them were particularly rare.

 

The first matter at hand were the commanders. Both the bloody and green commander didn’t get the ‘Blind Follower’ status when the army submitted to him, something that meant that they were native to the Iceborne planet.

 

Right now their hands and legs were bound and they were placed in a kneeling position within one of the buildings. When Jay entered the building he looked upon the duo. Both of them were treated rather well and the lack of wounds on their body showcased this. Their armor had been taken however and right now they were only wearing a piece of underwear to somewhat protect their dignity.

 

The first to speak was actually the bloody commander, his voice was sturdy and confident without coming off as rude.

 

“Lord of Pangea, I am Grash Marlhe, a general of one-thousand. The Iceborne is a united race and even if our arrival here somewhat shook this, large alliances exist.”

 

“Our king was in the alliance of old, uniting the leaders that existed on our old planet. The total amount of troops within this alliance would be counted in the tens of thousands. If you let us go I can assure you our alliance will drop this matter entirely and you can continue to rule your territory as long as you refrain from expanding to the north.”

 

Facing this prisoner of his Jay didn’t show any sort of expression and spoke rather coldly.

 

“I am no human king, nor am I a human emperor. I seek to rule over all sentient life, Iceborne and human alike. You have shown me your stance and so sadly it looks like it won’t be possible to have you joining our ranks for the time being. This, however, does not mean you must be treated poorly. If you cooperate and answer the questions we ask of you, you may live the life of a civilian.”

 

Once he spoke his words Jay simply turned away and walked off. He didn’t truly mean most of what he had said, he was planning to have these commanders join his ranks in the future, but first, he would have to be able to control them.

 

Hearing about the matter of the alliance also didn’t trouble him too much. An alliance built within the old worlds would most certainly collapse. If those with power in the previous world worked together then those without power would too, in order to take them out.

 

Even if they did manage to keep up they wouldn’t have time to start fighting a human who had made a move at the edge of the Iceborne territory. They would be too preoccupied with their own race right now. 

 

For now, he only had to wait in order to get the information he needed. Heck, most of the things he wanted to know were already brought up to him by some of his newly acquired troops. One example was the origin of the armor. The armor they wore was made from a rather common fish. They would use a certain stone as bait and then they would simply fish it up and wait for it to suffocate.

 

While he waited for the bloody and green commander to cooperate for better treatment, Jay could finally do something he had wanted to do all along.

 

Once he made his way to the warp gate, Jay fixed his hair nervously, double-checking the items within an F-grade spacial pouch he had with him he slowly walked up to it.

 

When the ‘Home-connection’ option came up Jay selected it without another moment’s hesitation, then a metallic voice sounded out.

 

| Home-connection selected, who would you like to connect to? Do note, every additional person costs a special token |

 

“I would like to connect with Li Collin, sister of Jay Collin”

 

His voice was shaking slightly before a buzzing sound appeared.

 

| Home-connection was a success, initializing… |

6