Chapter 58: Little Sister
140 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jay’s breathing quickened when his surroundings started changing. Colors started appearing around him, the previously white nothingness morphed until, after a few minutes had passed, he was standing in a small room. 

 

On 2 of the opposite walls hung corresponding paintings. Behind Jay there was a painting depicting him, he was standing atop a mountain and before him, a battle was raging. Small groups of humans and Iceborne could be seen standing around a formation consisting solely of the latter. If one looked for an extended period of time the painting would change and the battle continue until the point where the Iceborne army surrendered.

 

This painting was a depiction of the second battle he had fought against the Iceborne, even if it wasn’t completely accurate it transmitted the feeling he had at the time perfectly.

 

On the opposite wall was a painting equally as negative. A 14-year-old girl had fallen to her knees crying before a large fat man. The man was obviously rich with rings around each of his fingers. Next to him were a myriad of other people looking down at the crying girl. Each of their gazes held contempt. 

 

Seeing the painting Jay felt the helplessness and sadness of the girl. But this feeling quickly changed to rage. The paintings weren’t fiction, they depicted the feelings the person held, showed their true nature and the most important of the events they went through recently.

 

His little sister was treated this was so shortly after he had left, feeling so lonely and helpless.

 

A moment later a timid voice called out, “Br-brother?”

 

Hearing the now so weak voice Jay looked at her with difficulty. Multiple bruises could be seen covering her face. She had a black eye and even her clothes were in a bad condition, ripped in certain locations.

 

“It’s me sis…”

 

He paused, conflicted emotions could be heard in his voice. He had never seen his sister like this. She always acter strong and even if he always tried to protect and shield her, he knew it wasn’t truly necessary.

The little girl, when hearing his voice, ran forward immediately. Tears were flowing out of her eyes as she hugged her brother tightly. All the experiences of the last month seemed to flow away when she was in his embrace.

 

“Wha-what’s up big brother?”

 

This was how she had always greeted him and even now this didn’t change. Jay broke the hug before looking her in the eyes.

 

“Nothing much, how about you?”

 

This response made both of them smile for a second. So much had changed. For Jay it had been over 5 years while the couple of months Li had spent separated from her brother had also been quite eventful.

 

Both of them thought of what had happened for a couple of seconds before sitting down, backs against each other. Both of them looked at their own paintings, experiencing their situations from a spectator’s point of view.

 

Jay had turned into a villain while Li had turned into a victim. But right now, neither of them wanted to talk about it, being close to the other was enough for the time being.

 

When an hour had already passed this way, Jay finally spoke up.

 

“You know I always bring you a present when I go on holiday, how come you haven’t asked for it yet?”

 

Li smiled softly while she turned around. If it wasn’t for the bruises on her face and the tears in her clothes Jay wouldn’t have thought anything had happened right now.

 

“Well, what did you get me, you were gone for a long time so it better be something good!”

 

Sensing her positive mood Jay turned around too, looking her in the eyes.

 

“I feel like you’ve gotten into some trouble while I was away. Just a feeling though, do you think you could handle it if you become stronger?”

 

Hearing him mention her current situation in such a casual way Li couldn’t help but laugh. However grim the situation was, she had always been able to joke about it with Jay, it was just how they acted. 

 

“Like how much stronger? Don’t tell me you brought a gun or I’ll punch ya.”

 

“What if you can become the gun, make all those in your way disappear with a flick of the wrist.”

 

Li’s eyes widened when she noticed how serious her brother said those words 

 

“How?”

 

“This.”

 

He grabbed the interspacial pouch that was currently hanging around his waist after which a crystal magically appeared within his hands.

 

“The new world I was sent to is magical. Normally it isn’t possible to get initialized in magic on earth, but with an inferior advancement crystal it is…”

 

These words should’ve sounded crazy to someone from earth but Li just nodded walking closer to her brother. 

 

| Transferring an inferior advancement crystal to this area will cost 4 special tokens. Confirm? |

 

‘confirm’

 

After this, the previously weightless inferior advancement crystal suddenly gained its weight. With this crystal in hand, Jay walked behind his sister. When he placed this crystal against her back and inserted some mana, it seemed to melt within her skin. Li felt an energy within her awakening, a warm feeling overcame her senses before she fainted within her brother’s arms.

 

Jay placed her on the ground softly before turning towards her painting once more, experiencing all these emotions. He had no idea what happened but, right now, he wasn’t supposed to know. His sister would take care of things on this end while he would do so on his end.

 

In his last life, he didn’t know anything happened after he had disappeared, but now that he did a smile crept onto his lips.

 

Everything would be okay now. With a little bit of his own assistance, he would make sure she would overcome her troubles and take care of her enemies. But this wasn’t something he could do himself, and even if he could, he shouldn’t.

 

This wasn’t because of some single reason but rather because of a mutual understanding. 

 

It took 12 hours before Li woke up. As soon as she did she jumped up, full of energy.

 

Seeing her brother was now inspecting his own painting seriously, she joined him immersing herself in the painting too.

 

“You, whose hands are stained with blood. You, who enable others to follow the same path. Do you know your actions to be those of a hero or a villain?”

 

Hearing these words Jay wasn’t truly surprised, his sister was always the one to question his decisions, despite this she never judged or denied them. She would always help him find himself. And realize what he truly was.

 

Jay didn’t reply but instead just looked at the pouch he was currently holding. Inside were a number of basic magic book with a single intermediate one. In particular, the spell-book that explained how to create the wind-bubble which he had used a lot thus far. The others were mostly theory-based.

 

| Transfering an F-grade interspacial pouch to this area will cost 10 special tokens. Confirm? |

 

‘confirm’

 

When he gave the pouch to his sister she looked him in the eyes confidently. Her expression had changed massively during the period of time they were here. Jay himself too felt quite a bit better. Now that his sister had magic he was sure she would be safe.

 

Without another word both of them turned around, a moment later the room disappeared and Jay found himself in First City once more.

6