Chapter 59: Girl Without a Name
142 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Jay walked out of the warp gate he was smiling brightly. He suddenly had a very positive feeling about the situation. Even though his sister had encountered hardships he was sure that now she would be able to take care of it. And furthermore, once she came to planet hope, she wouldn’t be as easily walked on.

 

This was, of course, assuming the magical books she now had didn’t get stolen from her.

 

Not lingering on this thought for too long, Jay made his way to the magic tower. The area outside of the magic tower had a bunch of young mages talking and trading amongst each other.

 

When he got inside the tower there were a bunch of mages silently reading on one side, on the other side, there were a number of mages casting spells. And so, he sat down for a moment silently spectating those that were practicing their magic.

 

Small balls of fire hit the stone wall and 20 centimeters tall spikes came from the ground, something that quickly bored Jay. Slightly disappointed in the mages who displayed their lack of skill he made his way to the second floor.

 

As soon as he made his way to the second floor he felt a large amount of mana gathering. When he looked to his right he could see old man Von Hauser looking at one of the mages with glittering eyes. 

 

Said mage was a young elven woman with green skin. A back hole seemed to have appeared above one of her hands. Mana was being sucked toward the middle of this. Jay imagined that if this spell was cast in the middle of a group of enemy mages they would probably be unable to cast any decent spells.

 

After a few minutes, the girl cut off the spell before sitting down tiredly. Meanwhile, old man Von Hauser stood before her, talking to her vividly.

 

The mana that had been sucked into the black hole was soon replenished by the magical tower, it was only now that the young half-elf noticed Jay. When she looked toward him old man Von Hauser noticed and so both of them kneeled in sinc.

 

“Greetings Lord father.”

 

The young mage’s words didn’t surprise Jay. He obviously hadn’t forgotten this girl he had adopted but neither had he visited her. He had simply treated her like all his other subjects.

 

When Jay was silently thinking about this, old man Von Hauser spoke up.

 

“My Lord, she had performed exceptionally well and is infinitely close to breaking through. I mean no disrespect but I believe she may have earned a name.”

 

After speaking these words he quickly lowered his head. He didn’t know what Jay thought of the matter and only decided to speak up now that the girl was close to becoming a Tier 1 mage.

 

The girl herself didn’t say anything but thanked her teacher in her heart. She had previously told him that a name is what she wanted most right now. But as the adopted daughter of the Lord, nobody would risk offending him by calling her by a name. And so she was always referred to as ‘girl’.

 

Hearing these words Jay was surprised for a moment. He indeed hadn’t named her, at the time he simply didn’t think of it.

 

But now that this matter was brought up it was naturally something that should be thought about deeply.

 

As one of his daughters, he felt that she would absolutely need to excel. If a member of the imperial family was weak they would surely be killed by their enemies.

 

That being said he also couldn’t renounce her and say she is not his daughter. If that happened then she would surely suffer from bullying and it was likely nobody would want to hang out with her anymore.

 

Even though she had done well, Jay decided not to risk her life yet. He silently took out the second inferior advancement crystal and placed if before her before turning around, leaving behind a few words.

 

“You want me to recognize you? Then make it so that it is impossible for me not to, if I give you a name because of any other reason you could not be called my daughter.”

 

After walking up to the fifth floor Jay sat down in his chair heavily. He did feel rather bad about the situation. Being nameless was surely a horrible thing. But the inferior advancement crystal would surely allow her to become a Tier 1 mage and from there it wouldn’t take much for her to become a core pillar of the empire. 

 

Right now there were 2 people that didn’t have the ‘Blind Follower’ status that he had high hopes for. There were the goblin girl and Jake, the previous Lord of Twin City.

 

The girl was already loyal in his eyes. Seeking him out actively, Jake had shown his amazing talents time and time again. Working together with Gariel, First City was becoming more and more vibrant.

 

He was also surrounded by those that did have the ‘Blind Follower’ status, something he did of his own initiative. This was clearly to show his stance, something that made Jay trust him a lot more.

 

Now that the immediate threat in the Icelands was finished it was time to put his focus elsewhere. The Lords around him still hadn’t made a move and not even a single spy or intruder had been found thus far, something that was rather surprising with his vigilant guards.

 

So, the twins were another option. If he managed to take them out then he would have access to 2 new regions. Moreover, it looked like at least one of them was very far away.

 

But before he could cement his decision a notification popped up. 

 

| Region Alert: The first Personal Event will start in 24 hours |

| Event Alert: The first event will be ‘Underground Threats’. Underground creatures will suddenly crave human flesh. The more humans in a location the stronger the human smell will become. Every underground dweller has a certain amount of life force, during this event, upon death, all life force will crystalize. Crystalized lifeforce can be traded for a myriad of items. |

 

These notifications startled Jay. He hadn’t had this event before but it certainly was an interesting one. A myriad of thoughts immediately entered his head. The Icelands would most likely be safe from this attack since it was situated above an ocean. So if he wanted to keep all his people safe he could just send them there. 

 

Obviously, this wasn’t something he’d do as the rewards would surely be amazing. High up in his tower, he slowly began scheming his victory.

7