Chapter 60: Rocky Plan
134 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few minutes after these notifications popped up another one appeared.

 

|Jake Potiski had requested access to the first floor of the magic tower |

 

Soon after this Jay, Jake and Geralt were sitting in a large room with a round table. 

 

“I welcome you all to the round table. The fact you are sitting here means I value you greatly and wish for your advice.”

 

Jake looked at Jay a little odd. Obviously he knew of the knights of the round table, where all were equal. There were clearly still some differences between this and that. But after thinking about the situation a bit he didn’t have any form of discontent. He was already happy to have an advising role in the matter.

 

Back when he surrendered he only hoped to stay alive in return. Becoming the mayor of a city greater than his own was not at all within expectations. Hence he made some moves to gain more of the Lord’s trust, surrounding himself with the Lord’s loyalists.

 

Even though he was a modern man and hence blindly following orders wasn’t easy, he had been given a lot of freedom in how to accomplish his tasks, and since he realized what sort of place Jay intended to build he performed his job extremely well.

 

Now that this paid off he was obviously very happy. He had also asked Geralt if he could come to attack the Iceborne capital but was denied at the time.

 

“Tomorrow, we will be attacked by creatures that live underground. They will surely be vicious and merciless so we must prepare properly. In order to counter this, we will be bringing everyone living in Icy city to the capital. Additionally, we must be careful, it is possible other Lords will attack us within this time. We will keep double lookouts to the west. It is likely many Lords will be heading for the Icelands once they realize how serious the situation is.”

 

These couple of sentences sent both of the other participants in deep thought. Thus far what had been told to them was done so as a matter of fact hence they were thinking of additional ways to get by this event.

 

“Our goal is not solely to survive, but it is to prosper once it is over. The crystalized life force these creatures hold is very valuable and must be obtained, I want you both to think of ways to kill as many of the beasts as possible without destroying their life force.”

 

These words changed the situation in a major way. This meant that they couldn’t build a bunch of magic ballistae to counter these beasts as it would surely also destroy the life force within them.

 

The room was filled with silence for a few minutes before Geralt spoke up.

 

“When these creatures breach through the ground to get to the surface they will surely be at their weakest. The combination of the sun and lack of resistance from the earth should take some getting used to. We could start constructing a wooden platform above the ground with an occasional hole. Then when a beast appears those standing stop the platform could stab the creature with their spears.”

 

Geralt’s idea wasn’t bad but Jay just didn’t think it was feasible either. There was no way they could construct a platform above all of the streets in time. And even if they could it would fall apart in no time.

 

Jake obviously thought the same as he didn’t even bother replying to it before proposing his own idea.

 

“We know they can smell humans so if we defend from the city it might cause lasting damage. If we defend from atop a mountain, however, it is likely the creatures will appear at the foot in the mountain and climb up rather then climb through the entirety of the mountain.”

 

This plan directly addressed the biggest issue Jay found. The destruction of First City.

 

If they defended from the city the land would surely be terraformed by the entering beasts. It would cause major damage at the least destroying most of the housing. 

 

“My Lord, do you wish to rule the world?”

 

Jake’s question caught Jay off-guard, who was considering his suggestion. But after thinking for a bit he replied.

 

“I suppose I do, even if it isn’t for the sake of ruling.”

 

“Then we should enhance our smell.”

 

Jay looked Jake in the eyes seriously, but even then he saw no sign of hesitation. This sign of bravery surprised Jay somewhat, but after a second, he smiled.

 

“I agree.”

 

Looking at the 2 men before him Geralt looked somewhat surprised. Even if he wasn’t afraid, he didn’t think they would actively seel more danger. Jake was now looking at Jay seriously. He had brought up the idea but he had no idea on how to execute it. 

 

“Jake follow me, we have some work to do on the forums.”

 

After saying these words he had a sly smile on his lips, he was going to use all of his reputation for this stunt.

 

A few minutes later Jake and Jay had both accessed their AI-chips to enter the forum boards. At this point, it had already believed that those who died would actually respawn after a month and so wars and fights had become more common.

 

Alexis Vale, the second person to get to Tier 1, was still very much popular on this board. There were still multiple top posts about him too though. The fact that F-grade weapons were being sold at his store made it a very popular location. As for the monthly valuable item, this time it was a group of 5 health potions, an item that hadn’t been seen before!

 

Seeing that Pangea was still very relevant at this time the duo started posting. Jake posted from the perspective of a citizen of Pangea, with various images showing the city. Obviously, no truly valuable information could be deducted from these images but seeing things such as the massive magic tower and the pretty houses was still very impressive. 

 

Once this post reached the top 20 Jay posted something himself, it stated the following: ‘To all Lords in the north-east area of the grasslands, I give you all safe harbor. This event will be many times more aggressive then you currently think. I will give anyone who wants protection during the event. Moreover, I will only ask for 1 gold per every 10 people. We will gather at the mountain at the following coordinates…’

 

The mountain was about 30 kilometers west of Twin City. And since it was the only proper mountain in the area (ignoring the Icelands) there weren’t many other places he could choose.

 

Furthermore, if he would simply give protection free of charge it would attract too much suspicion, hence he decided to simply make it very cheap. At first, he didn’t think there would be too many people but once they started losing large parts of their population many Lords would surely come to him for survival.

 

When Jake saw both of the posts rising and gaining a bunch of comments he got really excited. It was truly the perfect way to increase their smell. Not only would it do this but if monsters did break through their line of defense, they were less likely to lose any of their important non-combat personnel. If they were to lose old man Von Hauser, architect Gariel or miss Evergreen that would be a huge blow after all.

 

And so, once the people from Icy City arrived, it was time to head west.

4