Chapter 65: Weak Point
183 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once everyone realized the difficulty of defeating these creatures the situation changed. Both Geralt and general Green jumped off of the wall, onto a ledge a few meters lower.

 

They were the only warriors that could pierce the betas’ carapaces with relative ease hence they were to take out as many as they could.

 

The nameless princess who stood atop the wall started casting her first spell. The warriors who looked at her got an ominous feeling. Her black hair turned red under the sunlight, yet still it felt very natural.

 

The magic she knew was mostly of the darker elements too. Black fire appeared onto her finger tips, slowly this fire expanded forming a peculiar shape. A whip was formed out of the black fire, and the nameless princess was holding this black whip in her hand.

 

Her first attack was a test, in a moment her whip uncurled and the tip headed straight for a rock. The previously dormant black fire suddenly reemerged and the whip extended beyond what it should be capable of.

 

The rock it hit shattered in an instant, falling down. Surprisingly there were no burns on the surface of the stone. When Jay saw this he was extremely happy.

 

He had already suspected this earlier due to the black hole she made earlier which could suck in mana but it looked like this daughter of his had great talent in space-magic.

 

The fact that she was able to create an object out of mana was proof of this.

 

When her whip hit one of the betas its shell shattered in an instant, after a second attacked the creature died.

 

Despite this there were no screams coming from any of these beings. The only sounds they made was the sound of their pincers hitting the rocks, other than this they were absolutely silent.

 

After killing one of the betas, the nameless princess sat down and waited. She only had a limited amount of mana and it would probably be best if she only interfered when it was truly needed.

 

Jay himself was looking around nervously, right now the situation was still somewhat stable but that wouldn’t last. He only had 4 truly strong fighters including himself and at some point they would all get extremely exhausted. Seeing how the cracks were still spewing out massive amounts of creatures, the situation looked bad.

 

When Jay looked at his men who had to take out an increasing amount of betas, Jay looked around calmly. Three of his own men could take on a single beta at a time. Right now there were about 50 betas attacking together in total. Within the hour this number would surely triple.

 

Jay kept looking around calculating certain matters in hid head. He estimated that in total they might be able to defend the mountain for 24 hours maximum.

 

He cursed inwards, if only he had put more priority on starting the production of Ragderall they would be able to keep going for longer then that. He already knew that 24 hours wouldn’t be long enough, but perhaps if he threw down all the small Lords around him...

 

Just when he finished this calculation, an alpha appeared within his sight. Geralt, who decided to take priority on killing it, was jumping towards it, but before it could reach the alpha opened its snout. Its throat was glowing bright red nearly blinding those that looked at it, a moment later a bright red beam shot forward. A hole immediately appeared within the wall, and the area around it was set ablaze.

 

The betas close to said hole immediately went towards it. Despite their lack of senses it seemed that somehow they still knew about the hole. The nameless princess immediately moved up to deal with these betas but only a moment later they just dropped to the ground.

 

Their shell started disintegrating into dust and after this so did their pincers and soft insides, until only small white crystals appeared.

 

When Jay saw they disintegrated he realized it was the same as with the zombie event in his previous life. The carapace that could be used to make armor simply disappeared leaving only the event item.

 

What did surprise him was their death, the nameless princess clearly hadn’t attacked them yet, but they still died just like that. When he looked around he saw that over 20 betas suffered the same fate.

 

A moment later he looked towards Geralt, he was holding a small red crystal and was also stupefied. Now everything clicked. The alphas were the source of the betas’ lifeforce. When an alpha died all the betas connected to it would too.

 

The nameless princess also realized this and immediately went over to stop the flames.

 

Now that Jay knew the weak point of his enemies there was only 1 problem. Even when he was looking around now he couldn’t see a single alpha around him, it seemed that they were relatively intelligent and planned to hide.

 

Geralt obviously also realized what happened while general Green still had no idea.

 

After Jay gestured towards Geralt, the latter threw the red life force crystal to him. Then Jay ran into the city heading right for the marketplace. Perhaps there was something in the event market that could help them out.

5