Chapter 67: No MC is truly unique
116 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jay was somewhat nervous at this point in time. His defense already barely holding up and now he had to deal with 300 potential enemies, a few of which having reached Tier 1.

 

When he thought about the possibility that his enemy was either delusional or an oracle he felt even more nervous. On the northern part of the wall stood about 50 men, 10 of these were mages.

 

This was obviously less than the other parts since here they didn’t have a lot of pressure. Instead the 300-strong army below them were dealing with the enemies on this side and thus far not a single beta had reached the walls.

 

When Jay arrived he immediately noticed something extremely odd. When he looked at the army to the north they weren’t hurriedly and hardly repelling the enemies like his own troops were. Even if they had more troops over a smaller area the situation didn’t really make sense. When looking closer he saw that the number of betas were simply way less.

 

This did make sense in some way. The closest crack was to the west, hence most of the creatures came from there. He also expected the south to have a large amount of these attackers once some time passed since a crack had also appeared in that area, a bit further off.

 

Yet despite the lack of panic and the use of basic formations, those to the north were still losing soldiers. The reason for this was simple. They didn’t have a wall. When you stand atop a wall it is relatively easy to stab down while keeping your footing. When you were on the edge of a mountain ledge this was quite a bit harder. With the betas constantly coming up the edge could crumble anytime, causing a soldier or 2 to fall down.

 

In order to stop this from happening they were actually forced to form formations and wait for the betas to climb up and attack them, before striking out. However, every now and then a mistake would occur and usually, these would cost lives.

 

When Jay observed this he truly couldn’t blame the Lord for wanting to enter the newly established settlement. Right now, there was still one thing Jay didn’t completely comprehend. He looked down from the walls, his eyes meeting those of the northern Lord. 

 

“Oioi, I’ve been waiting here for several minutes. My time is valuable you know!”

 

The old man immediately uttered. Jay promptly ignored his words as he spoke himself.

 

“Why should I take the risk to let you enter the settlement?”

 

His words were firm and to the point. It wasn’t that he completely refused to do politics but right now there wasn’t time for such a thing.

 

If he were to let them in he obviously needed to have a reason to do so. Right now there were no good options he could take. Denying or allowing both were riddled with risks, hence if the opposing Lord had something to offer him making the decision would be easier.

 

The rude Lord looked at Jay with his sharp eyes, at this moment Jay could tell he wasn’t messing around. Yet under his sharp gaze, Jay didn’t falter at all, and he simply ignored the provocation.

 

“500 gold but we keep authority on the northern side.”

 

The words were simple and the offer was good. If they simply offered 500 gold Jay would be happy but he would have a difficult time keeping track of them and making sure they weren’t in a position to sabotage. Then he also had to be careful about how big of a share this shameless guy would want.

 

If he simply remained defending the northern 20 percent but utilizing the walls, there wouldn’t be any confusion. When hearing this Jay frowned slightly as he looked at the people next to the opposing Lord.

 

On both sides of him were similarly old men with sickly appearances, but Jay could easily sense the aura of a Tier 1 mage coming from both of them.

 

Jay was just about to tell the opposing Lord that the Tier 1 mages couldn’t enter when he realized something. Both of these mages had a wooden staff with a dim crystal on top of it. Jay immediately recognized this. It was a typical design for staffs made for mages using light and wood magic.

 

Both of these were immensely weakened right now and thus the strength of this duo shouldn’t be that high at this time.

 

Despite this Jay wasn’t willing to simply accept the deal so easily. Even though he didn’t want to waste time, there was something he absolutely had to know. And so, with a steady mind, he said a single sentence.

 

“I agree but only on the condition you predict my future.”

 

Jay carefully looked the other Lord in the eyes when he said this, paying careful attention to his reaction. But said Lord simply sighed and shrugged before replying, leaving his attitude behind for once.

 

“You weren’t here in my last life so I don’t know what will happen to you.”

 

When he heard his reply Jay took a step back still looking this Lord in the eyes. Said person also looked him in the eyes carefully before speaking once more.

 

“You and I, we are the same, aren’t we… except for that I was a great person even in my previous life hahaha!”

 

Jay didn’t speak a word as all sorts of thoughts went through his mind. Without another word, he turned around and walked off, signaling to his men to let them in.

 

From the moment he reincarnated he immediately thought he was special. The only one to have gone through such a logic-defying event. Now that he looked back on it it was rather clear he wasn’t the only one that had reincarnated. Not only did someone reach Tier 1 nearly at the same time Geralt did but he also recalled the twin sisters were as powerful as he was. 

 

Such a thing shouldn’t be possible for a regular pers- no for an absolute talent to achieve. But now things all fell into place.

3