Chapter 1:A Story’s Start
38 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mommy Mommy look I can use the light spell without any elementals!"

I run to the forest core looking for mommy so I can show her my shiny lights. I wonder if she'll let me use the light in my performances?

[Of course she will. After all mommy is the one that taught me too sing.]

I find mommy sitting in her wooden rocking chair humming the dragon gods hymn in front of the divine tree. Mommy says that the tree was made by my daddy as a gift, I wonder why a tree is good gift?

The tree has pure red leaves with deep green flowers, golden fruits loosely hang from the trees branches peering through the leaves and flowers. Its the shortest tree in the forest and its super fat compared to the rest, It's really ugly even so mommy really likes it.

"I'm sorry son I couldn't quite hear you. What did you say again?"

"My act became better! I can make those shiny water balls when I want without asking for the holy elementals help."

"Really. Why don't you show me what you can do then."

"Okay mommy!"

I unfurl my four wings and fly to the tree, looking for the place that'll make the water look prettier. After two minutes of looking I found the best position right in the center of the tree top.

"Okay mommy here I go."

I summon seven different sized water balls and put them in front of the divine tree right behind me and begin to use a light summoning spell to make my wings glow adding a shine to the blurry multicolored water balls, they began to move and change shape some becoming pointed stars and some becoming squares, all of them are a mix of red, gold, and green changing between each color and with the light being emitted from my wings flowing into them the area around me in front of the tree became a shining mix of bright blurry colors and the deep shades of natural colors.

The gold light blends with the deep brown of the damp dirt and the red light blends with the green light both seemingly hanging from the branches of the tree spilling into the air.

I open my mouth and begin to sing. The song has no lyrics its purely wordless vocals but when sung right it can make even the most stubborn person stand up and dance. I summon twenty more water balls and spread them around the divine garden adding small balls of pink light to gently float around them.

In an instant the area around me and mommy become a collection of colorful light, flowers, trees, and balls of ever changing colors in the shapes of stars and diamonds, with some just being plain water balls. The dull forest gained a sense of joy and life as my voice spread throughout it with the area around me and my mommy being the prettiest with all the gentle multicolored lights surrounding us.

Half way through the song the moment the fortissimo kicks in I have the water balls begin to ripple filling the area around me and mommy with the sound of dripping water.

My loud voice despite being super deep blends with the dripping sounds creating an odd mix adding a slow rhythmic drip noise to a fast paced swing song.

After four minutes the song ends, the final note is sung. I command the water balls to flow into my mouth the light balls coming together inside them to make small silver fish made of light.

Suddenly the forest becomes quite with the surroundings becoming dull.

"Mommy Mommy did you like it?"

"Yes sweety it was really pretty. Next time though can you use flowers. Maybe you can make pretty pink water flowers if you use that light again."

"I'm the best right mommy!"

"Yes you are. You will make all the humans, and dwarfs, and everyone really happy with your songs and magic."

I jump to give mommy a hug stopping as soon as I see my hands. Mommy and me look very different, mommy looks like those people who lived in daddy. Her skin is white and her hair and eyes are both green, She's super tall and big compared to the other fairies in fact she looks just like someone who would live in daddy but she absolutely didn't live in daddy.

Then there's me. I have green scales the same color as a freshly grown tea leaves and my body is like a big longer wolf just with scales, horns, and wings. I only walk on all fours and I have a lot of trouble standing up on my hind legs and my feet only have three thick toes with a weird bone poking out of my heel.

Mommy says I'm a dragon just like my daddy and that I'm super special. She says that when I'm older I can make myself look just like mommy with magic.

I wanna grow up already so I can be just like mommy but mommy says that dragons take a really really really long time to grow up so I have to keep waiting but maybe if I do really good with magic and use it lots I can look like mommy sooner.

"Come on sweety no reason to stop. Go ahead and give mommy a big hug."

"Okay mom."

I slowly stand up and lean on mommy's chair making it go really far back. I stop and step away.

[I'm too big if I hug mommy, she'll get hurt.]

"Never mind. Mom do you want me to give you a ride around the forest instead."

"I'm sorry sweety mommy can't quite do as much as before. Can you take me back home so I can rest."

I look at mommy, seeing her wrinkly smile and her loose cheeks I feel a sudden burst of sadness as I begin too wonder will mommy go to sleep like dad? Of course not mom is a mega fairy.

Mommy begins to stand up getting ready too get on my back so we can go home but falls over, thankfully I manage to catch her. Suddenly mommy begins to cry and whimper.

"Mommy are you fine!"

"I'm fine sweety i'm just a little bit sad. I'm not as young as I used to be and i'm running out of time."

"I don't get it mom. Your super young and very very pretty so don't be sad!"

".....Oscar can you put me on the tree I want to sit on a branch and look at the flowers."

[Mom never uses my name. Is she really really sad? I'll do whatever she wants till shes happy again!]

"Okay mom. If it'll make you feel better."

I summon a large water ball and make it smaller, making it super hard to sink into, and use it to move mom to the thickest branch on the tree while I just fly next to her, eating the water ball I summon.

"Oscar what do I always say about eating magic."

"Not to eat it?"

"Then what are you doing now?"

I turn my head and swallow the water making the small ball immediately vanish.

"Nothing."

"...Fine I'll let you just this once but you have to listen to me not just nod your head."

"Okay mom."

"First not everyone is going to be nice to you, a lot of people are going to be mean, even meaner than the royal guard but if your nice to those mean people eventually they'll be nice to you. Okay?

"Yes mom."

"Second be very careful with others. Very few people are as strong as mommy so whenever you play you have to restrain yourself okay."

"Okay."

"Third, there are a lot of people just like you who like to sing and dance and hold pretty shows with magic but you'r not going to find a lot of because the world is a very mean place. If you see people scared or hurt try to help them okay."

"Of course if someone is sad help them so there are no more bad feelings."

"You really are a good boy Oscar."

"Yup, Oscar is the best boy."

[I really am the best boy.]

My tail begins to wag back and forth.

"Finally mommy just has to say that she loves you...mommy will..always....love..y..ou."

"I love you too mommy!"

I look at mom and move to lick her stopping as soon as I see her face.

Moms wrinkly face and green hair seem to have lost several shades of color instantly with her eyes turning into a deep shade of grey, they're clouded. Her eyelids haven't closed even after a couple have passed.

In a panic I grab her loosely hanging arms, shaking them, trying my hardest to wake her up. No matter how much I cry and lick she won't move.

"Mommy are you okay!"

"Mommy Mommy!"

"Mommy please wake up! Mommy please don't sleep like daddy."

Suddenly the mean guards come up and start screaming at me, telling me to let her go so that they can take her away and bury but I won't let them after all if they can use healing to wake up a sleeping person maybe I can wake up mom if I fill her with my magic.

[Don't be like dad! Please don't be like dad mom I'm begging you!]

I fill her with magic trying my hardest to wake her up but no matter how much mana I give her she just won't wake up. I feel tired, my head hurts, and my chest feels disgusting, the more mana I use the worse these feelings get. At some point the amount of mana I released began to be visible. A bright mist of green light exploded out of my body covering the vast area around me and mom.

Suddenly the divine tree began to swallow her, slowly she sinks into it.

I begin to scream sending a massive shock wave throughout the forest, sending several trees flying.

She stops sinking into the tree and her body begins to crystallize and shrink slowly. Eventually I find a small green gem resting in my hand.

[WHAT DID I DO WHAT DID I DO WHAT DID I DO WHAT DID I DO!!!]

{Sweety it's fine, mommy's fine.}

[Mom? MOM WHERE ARE YOU!]

{I'm the green rock in your hand.}

I look at the green gem that used to be mom and the the silhouette of a small girl dancing around in it.

{Mommy's fine son.}

1