Chapter 1
2.5k 12 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello peeps:) thx so much for reading and the support☺️ Tbh tho, I only wrote this because It’s one of my fav genres and there are sadly not that many to read. I’m an experienced reader, but it’s my first time writing something like this. It'll prob take me much longer than others to write even a short chapter and it won’t be as smooth:( (I will try my best!) P.S. stay safe

...

[Subject number 2]

[Subject number 2 please]

...huh? Is somebody talking to me? 

Amy rubbed her eyes, or she tried to at least. My hands. They’re gone. Poof. Shouldn’t I be freaking out? How did I not notice at the very beginning? What is this witchcraft…


[Yo I ain’t got all day NUMBER 2 please]

There is a ball of light floating in front of her. Let’s name it Bob. Amy glanced around, woah 360 vision. She didn’t see anybody else.

“Yes…?”

[We got a live one folks. Ahem. You have the right to refuse any mission. Any mission you fail to complete can and will be used against you in general. You have the right to a quick and painless death. Don’t worry, it will be free of charge. Any questions?]

“...mission?” Amy grasped the one point that stood out to her. She’s just going to ignore the death part. It’s not hard to imagine refusing mission equals death. Check. Understood.

“Ah yes. I would liken it to those light novel reincarnation sort of deals with a few tweaks.”

Ok, that’s cool. Does that mean this is the part where the main character meets the glorious creator? “Are you God?” Amy asked expectantly.

“If by God you mean a superior being who created your particular species, then yes, you can consider us as your ‘God’. However, we can also fit the term ‘Aliens’ coined by the Homo Sapien species.”

Oh what she would give for some of those “shove it down your throat” religious fanatics to hear that. Since she didn‘t get run over by a truck or die after randomly saving somebody but magically transported here...does that mean she’s still alive back on Earth? Yes, it must be.

“Is one of the differences because I’m not dead?”

“Oh no. You’re most definitely dead. Instant death from impact by meteorite in fact. Some kids were playing ball too close to the observational study unit.”

I’m dead. Amy repeated the phrase a few times in her head. Is this the feeling of extreme shock? She reacted more to her lack of normal panic than the fact that she’s dead and missing her body. Yeah, it wasn’t just her arms. From what she could see, she seems to be a metallic blue floaty thing. Is this what a soul looks like? Oooh, that’s a nice blue… Focus Amy! 

“Wait, so like since it was an accident and all...will I be getting some extra benefits? I wouldn’t mind being born into a loving and super rich family...or maybe an extreme beauty with brains and talent surrounded by hot guys...or-“

“Woah! Let me cut you off before you sprout any more nonsense. You’re not even a real, once-alive Homo Sapien. You’re just a technological copy of the actual subject. That’s why you don’t remember dying. The report states visual confirmation of the meteorite through a window a couple seconds before death. The program was set to save every minute, but you died before the last save…”

She zoned out. She couldn’t help it. Her brain stopped working. The only reason she isn’t having a mental breakdown right now is because of her seriously muted emotions. Even though she’s currently being prevented from losing it completely, her brain couldn’t handle the truth. Breathe Amy! Worry about all that later, there are more important details to focus on right now.

“Yes…” Amy mumbled to herself. Bob was still spewing information. She would offer some water if she wasn’t in her current situation.

“...out of date I tell you. I wonder where they spend all our budget since we seem to always be lacking in the simplest of equipment.”

“Tell me about it.”

“I know right! Not like we can do anything about it, but it makes me frustrated just thinking about it. By the way, if you notice your lack of emotions, don’t worry about it too much. It’s not because of what you are, but rather because they turned down your emotional receptor sensitivity levels to prevent damage before the experiment. They learned that the hard way. It’ll be adjusted back to normal once they’ve decided you can handle it. Oh, you’re up next. They’re doing the final check right now... Hey, you’re actually not that bad you know. It was actually kind of nice talking to you.”

You were the only one talking. “Yeah no problem, I understand you completely.” 

There was a long moment of silence. She almost thought he had left. “Actually I read your reincarnation folder,” Bob whispered, “I can’t tell you the details because it will completely screw up the results, BUT I will sneak in a little something extra to help you out.”

A little something extra…? Amy tried not to get her hopes up too high; but no matter how hard she tried to bury it, it wiggled its little claws through the cracks. A slight whirring sounds distracted her from her inner battle. She’s probably not gonna be here for much longer. 

“Can you give me a hint?” Amy pleaded. “A tiny clue about who I’ll be?” Her surroundings were slowly getting brighter as time passed. It was almost time, she could feel it somewhere deep inside her AI-self. She wasn’t actually expecting an answer, it was some last minute anxieties that somehow broke through. Well it has been a long day. The icky feeling almost made her miss the three words Bob threw her way at the last second:

“White and fluffy.”


49