Chapter 2
2.1k 20 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Btw, this story’s not gonna have specific stats with all those numbers...too difficult. Enjoy<3



White and fluffy???

Is that some sort of secret code? Fluffy as in like a cushy life with no worries? That sounds like something she needed after her world got turned upside down and inside out. Hmm, if she continued this daydream then white would be her perfect, jade-like skin and blinding intelligence. 

On a more realistic note, maybe she’s some animal-human hybrid in a fantasy setting world. What were those creatures called again? It’s on the tip of her tongue…no can do. She should probably save what brainpower she has left.

Let there be dark. The light had disappeared about a minute ago, but she didn’t want to open her eyes yet. Ahhh, what a nice breeze. Breeze? Ok, she couldn’t see anything even with her eyes open. Is she blind?

The horror...I can’t read anymore! Wait a sec. She can see a soft glow radiating from her body. Too bad her restricted field of vision prevents her from seeing the actual form of her body.

Wiggle, wiggle. Nope, still no limbs. Lack of panic? Check. She sure doesn’t feel very fluffy. Ok, focus.

“Hello..?” A muffled ‘hello’ reached her ears. It sounded like it came from somewhere underwater. No light so she’s probably deep underwater. Don’t think about it. She doesn’t need her thalassophobia kicking in on top of everything else. She does feel ‘wet’ in a weird, unexplainable kind of way; however, she can’t confirm if that thought is influenced by her previous revelation.

First things first, she should aim for a visual confirmation of her current situation. You can’t skin a cat without knowing where you are or even if you have the ability. Imagine attempting to skin a cat the size of a car in the middle of a busy mall with a toy knife. Aw hell no.

Now how is she going to swim up without any limbs? She tried wiggling around for a little bit. It’s hard to tell if she made any progress in this darkness. Good thing she seems to be able to breath underwater. She didn’t need to add death by drowning in an unknown world to her list. Yes! Think positive.

Alrighty! She’s still alive and not drowning. She’s not blind or deaf. She’s also capable of movement even if it's a minuscule amount. Maybe that’s only because I’m underwater, she comforted herself. Lastly, there’s that nice and refreshing bree-

BREEZE?! 

Excitement. Her intuition tells her she’s found something crucial.

Yay! You did it Amy! 

Yes, she did. Amy mentally gave herself a pat on the back. She ponders on what she’s found.

It’s mana.

Wow...ok. How is she so sure about that? Well, it did make sense. According to the books, the next step would be to somehow take in some mana. Clearing her mind, she tried to imagine the breeze following into her. Nothing. She tried to mentally consume the mana. Nada. Ok, what if she actually try to ea-

You don’t have to do anything you know. You’re automatically absorbing the mana. If you pay attention, you should notice your body glowing slightly brighter.

Oh wow, her body is glo-

Her mind froze for a second as it tried to register what just happened. Wait...but..what...how?! Am I really going crazy or did my mind just tell me something I shouldn’t know.

Oh sorry. I forgot to introduce myself:( Hello! I’ve always been and still am the voice in your head! Mr. ‘Bob’ updated me with some basic information you’ll need to survive in this world. I have also taken care of a home invader who called himself ‘System’. On the bright side, I did gain an extra ‘Shop’ option.

Shock and...relief? How can she not feel shocked when her one safe space turned out to be not so private after all. However, she can’t deny the tiny sprout of relief when she realized she’s not alone in this strange world. She felt grateful for Bob’s help. She almost felt bad for mentally making fun of him for talking too much. She reasoned there’s no need to be upset about her inner voice knowing her secrets. It’s not like it can share them with anybody else. There’s only one issue...it’s hard to differentiate between me thinking and you ‘speaking’.

Oh, I see. {Is this better?}

Yes, thank you Inner Voice. It’s much better.

{You’re welcome. You can call me IV if you wish. It’s much more efficient. You’re at 100% charge. It is currently noon. I sense you wish to advance to the next step. Do you wish to spend 10% of your mana to propel yourself towards the surface? Before you ask, no, you can’t get a discount.}

Fine. Anything to get me out of these depths before my fear receptors are completely reinstated.

She was surprised when her surroundings slowly lightened in color. She didn’t realize the transaction had already happened. There was no lack of warmth or slight emptiness from her missing mana. After a little while, signs of life started to appear around her. The fish are HUGE. They swam in groups around the mountain of healthy coral networks. Is this a world for giants?

{No, not exactly. Everything seems exaggerated because of your current size. I recommend you upgrade your vision before anything else. You can choose human vision for 20% or bird’s-eye view for 40%?}

The bird’s-eye view. It only took her a few seconds to decide. She wanted to see her current form. The sudden bizarre shift in perspective that came soon after was jarring. She took a second to get accustomed to her vision before taking in view of ocean life. Her eyes soon fell upon a glowing dot floating towards the surface. She instinctively knows it’s herself…

A glowing drop of liquid. A perfect teardrop shape.

Question: Is water wet?

50