Chapter 3
1.8k 8 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Got distracted with reading some novels I found, and now I’m so behind on school work.


Was the hint a joke? She really couldn’t think of anything else unless white and fluffy liquids are popular with the aliens. She felt betrayed. While Amy was feeling played, she had floated to the surface. There was no land in sight. An seemingly endless amount of dark waters as far as the eye can see. The sun hung high up in the sky. A beautiful day with only a couple cumulus clouds hanging out in the blue sky.

Ok, so she’s a drop of water. Now what? She sure as hell does not want to float around in the middle of the ocean for however long she lives. Something tells her it would be quite lengthy too. Deep breath.

IV? You still there? I could really use some help right now.

{Apologies. There seems to be a problem with the integration of some information. Please wait patiently as I sort this out. You are currently in no real danger.}

Well isn’t that just fantastic. There’s really nothing to do as a drop of water. Should she go back under and explore? Nah, she probably shouldn’t push her luck. And you know what? It’s actually not that bad drifting among her insentient family.

She can feel the nice warmth from the sun heating her up from the core. It was a warmth she didn’t realize she lacked until she bathed in it. Warm, relaxed, and...excited? A slight jittery feeling that slowly grew in strength, until she’s almost vibrating.

Uhhh, IV? Something’s happening.

No response. The world is quaking. No, she is shaking. Is this her physical response to all the events that occurred in the last 24 hours?

Hellooooo??? IV, I’m dying...HELP. I won’t be able to use the info if I’m dead godd*mnit!

Silence. Her attention is soon drawn away from the lack of response. There’s just something about strange (possibly deadly) things happening to your body that grabs your attention.

Is it her imagination, or is she losing weight? If that was the case then wow. How nice would it be if she lost weight this easily in her past life. Just lay in a pool for a little bit and boom. 5 lbs. Stop being sidetracked Amy. Concentrate, you’re dying!

Does she really care though? what does she have to live for? A painless death...there are many who would be jealous. [error]

She is soon dragged out of her thoughts. She’s floating. She didn’t even notice until she was almost a foot off the surface of the ocean. Wait, she’s stupid. Water can’t die. She’s evaporating. She chuckled at her ignorance. It’s quite difficult to stop thinking like a human.

Hmm, weird. Why is she still a teardrop-shaped liquid? Shouldn’t she be like..I don’t know..a mist? Using her newly acquired vision, she can view her rather quick ascent. There's no way she would float all the way into space right?

She shouldn’t have worried. Her ascent was soon halted once she hit the soft cloud of well...a cloud. It felt almost solid. Definitely more solid than the ones on Earth. This one felt like how the clouds looked like out the window of a plane, a mound of soft cotton. 

Before she could thoroughly enjoy her newfound comfort, she literally started sinking into it. Did I jinx myself? Am I actually gonna get lost in space for all eternity?! Fortunately for her, luck seems to be on her side. She paused once passing through the outer wall of the cloud. The inside was surprisingly hollow.

{Congratulations! You manage to proceed to the next step without my help. Would you like to upgrade now for 50% or all of your mana? Or perhaps you’d like to wait for your mana to refill?}

Amy felt relief as soon as the familiar voice rang in her mind. She didn’t leave her like-[error]

She almost berated her other-self for not being there when she thought she was a goner. No use crying over spilt milk.

Will I be in danger or pain if I used up all my mana?

Also what will I gain from the upgrade?

{There is no danger for you to consume all your mana; however, that’s not the case for anybody else. Just something to keep in mind. Your upgrade will be a physical body change. It allows you to take control of your current container.}

So...a cloud? She’s reluctant, but there’s really not much choice. At least as a cloud she can still travel by wind. Right now, she’s just stuck.

{Alright. I’ll go for the upgrade now.}

The last thing she saw was her old body exploding then darkness.

46