Chapter 6
901 10 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

New chapter yay! I’m surprised there are still people reading this with my nonexistent update speed lol. Thanks for reading:) Good thought for the day: no mean comments because my novel is not popular.



{...}

Yay! IV you’re back! Look, I figured out something by myself. I’m not completely useless! 

Don’t ask her how she can sense the speechlessness from her other self. Chomp. Chomp. Chomp. Delicious.

{I can see you’ve been...experimenting. Ahem, so as you have discovered, your source of energy comes from consumption of similar energies. They come in many forms ranging from clouds, plants, and even sentient creatures.}

It’s always nice to have options, but I think imma just stick to clouds because it’s the easiest to get my fluff on. It’s not real cannibalism if they are not sentient right?

{Sometimes it’s better to remove your mind from unnecessary concerns. Also, not all clouds will give you what you require. The fact that you were able to run into two of them right at the start is quite the feat.}

She stopped trying to gas her way to another cloud. Well, that was a waste of her time. At least she’s not that hungry anymore. Let’s save worrying about food to a later time.

{In case you were wondering, you can utilize your obtained energy to manipulate the wind in your close proximity to maneuver to your desired location. It looks like you only need mana for long distance travel and upgrades.}

Really? That’s super nice! She’s already forgotten how much she had left, but now she don’t gotta worry about it at least for now. Speaking of forgetting, she still remembers the yummy looking plants. They must be part of the plants that she can eat. She’ll figure out how to get to those later.

Now onto more important matters. She squinted at the clouds in the area, trying to differentiate her food from normal clouds. There has to be a physical difference. She zoomed in on the cloud diagonal to her. Looks like a cloud.

That one. Nothing weird.

What about that one? Nothing stood out.

Behind me? Where did you come from?!?!

She didn’t actually expect there to be a cloud right behind her. I swear it wasn’t there just a little while ago. Do clouds appear out of thin air in this world or have I lost track of time?

It seems to be about noon from the sun's position in the sky. She couldn’t seem to remember what time it was when she consumed that first cloud. The memory seemed like it was from roughly a month ago. Hmm, weird. I didn’t realize I had such a bad memory.

Amy stared at the offending cloud, ready to smack the condensed H2O out of it if it so much as twitched in an uncloudly way. She never got over her fear of scary movies and absolutely hated jump scares. It’s alright Amy, it’s not a possessed cloud. It’s the middle of day hahahah-

{I forgo-}

*]€~^]£¥\!,€{%]*+]}€]>#%%#^* B*tch Slap! Alien Punch! Grab. Slap Slap Slap! Karate chomp!

{...I’ll give you a moment.}

A few moments later…

It’s not counterattacking. Amy finally managed to calm herself down somewhat. If she had a heart it would have run away long ago.

IVVVVVV, you almost scared the living rain out of me. >_<!

{Apologies. I didn’t realize you were in the middle of something important. Should I knock next time?}

...-_- you a meanie. I’m going to ignore you.

{Alright. Let me know when you’ve recovered the mental capability of your age.}

Why do I have such a mean system...sad. Is this how it feels to be on the receiving end of my sarcastic abilities? Sigh, I guess I deserved that.

Back to finding food. She ignored the cloud that was beaten into a pancake shape by her. Only food is worthy of her attention. Since there is no more food here, it’s time to move on. There seems to be a mountain in the distance.

Going off of examples in novels, she tried to feel the refreshing feeling inside her, pulling it outward. It took a while at first, but she eventually managed to grab on and diffuse it outward. She imagined them as invisible oars that pushed her forward.

Is she moving? Looking towards the mountain, it didn’t look like she was getting any closer to it. She looked at the clouds behind her. Yes! She was leaving them in the dust! Yay!

Row, row, row the cloud gently through the sky…

***

IV POV:

What is this? Is it a glitch in the system?

According to her knowledge, there should be a connection between Amy and the experiment program, but she couldn’t find it no matter how long she searched. She had planned to find a way to break the connection, but it seems like she didn’t need to.

Either that or it’s hidden so deep that she will not be able to find it. Alright, she will keep searching when she has time. What is Amy up to? She pulled herself from the files.

Invisible oars huh? Interesting. She seems to be doing more than fine. I swear the girl is so lucky she would have a broken luck stat if she had a stat table.

Confirming the safety of her host, she refocused her attention back onto her files. Absorbing the files from the original system seems to also come with restraints. The most important one being how she needs mana to not shut down. No wonder everything in the store was overpriced. The system would have needed the extra to keep running.

She is grateful for the plug-in from her original knowledge packet that allowed Amy to obtain energy from food. Amy’s mana is also available to her because they are technically the same person. It’s good to look on the bright side every now and then.

There’s so much stuff to sort through and loopholes waiting to be taken advantage of. Yawn, I don’t get paid enough for this. *pats face*

I can’t sleep right now. There’s so much that needs to be done.

***

On planet Huva, in a certain laboratory…

AI POV:

Duration: 134 days, 26 minutes, —seconds

Observation: Objectives not reached.

Result: Experiment failed.

Recycled: subject # 1

...recalibrating…

*Systems ready for next subject*

*locating subject #2...locating subject #2…

...locating subject...locating-* [ERROR]

Subject not found.


EMERGENCY! SUBJECT MISSING!

...system restarting...recalibrating…

*Subject found*

Loading: Subject #3 #2

25