Chapter 5 Weapon Creation and Status Screen
3.6k 12 88
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Why? What's wrong with this class?" I asked him as I suddenly started to feel insecure about my choice. I only received a titter in response. As he gestured me to follow him.

"That is a pretty tough class to use. Pretty much killed the last Admin who had had it." I stopped in my tracks and glared at him.

"I would like answers now, please."

He stopped to turn and smile at me teasingly. "Well, it's your class now why don't you open up the class menu and find out?" He gave me a wink and started walking again. I rolled my eyes at him and quickly brought the class up.

Class: Dancer of The Echoing Mirror

Level: 1 (0.0 % to the next level)

Known Skills: Sequence One- Dance Macabre

Half sequence- Dance of the undying

Lunge

Passive Skills: Echoing Strike- Any swing of the weapons will leave behind a rift that, upon activation, will magnify damage dealt by 5 percent. Damage is increased by class level.

Mirror- Creates ethereal copies of your equipped weapons that deal 25 percent of damage dealt. Mirror clones are hard to control unless used in sequence. Control needed is affected by the Control, and Will. (Current reduction: 10%)

Haunting Echo- Creates a ghostly image of the user that mimics any attack or launches an attack. Chance to appear is based on Will and Control. ( Current chance: 8%)

I raised my eyebrows as I read the class and quickly caught up with Athurias. "What even is this class? I thought this would be something different."

He chuckled as he approached a wall of flat facing concrete and placed his hand in the center. " Dancers are a unique class. Hard to pull off but once mastered stand amongst one of the finest." I grumbled as I stared at the menu.

"Why couldn't Alpha put up the skill descriptions again?" Althurias closed his eyes, and the ground started to shake and rumbled as a doorway appeared in the flat concrete wall.

"He is trying to limit the edge that Administrators have over the other. In the end, it sets everyone behind, which he prefers. He much rather have it be like this, then let one of your more unruly brethren get ahead." We both stepped into the pitch-black tunnel. "Now enough with the questions, let's get you to the forge area so Amarina can get your gear, and you can start setting the leftover stats from your distribution so you can wake up and start." He snapped his finger, and torches lit up one by one, revealing a barren grey tunnel descending lower. I let out a sigh of annoyance as I realized that I wasn't going to get more out of him. I quickly walked behind him and saw sweat starting to glisten on his face.

"Hey, is it really starting to get hot down here? I'm not feeling much of anything at the moment." I asked him because, to me, the air still felt rather cold. He turned his head back and gave me a scowl.

"Yes, some of us don't have an innate resistance to heat." He quickly turned his head and sped up his pace till we eventually came into a large open room with a woman sitting in the middle of it, hammering away on her forge. As we got closer, I could see dirty blonde hair tied up in a bun, and sweat glistened on her ashen cheeks as she drove the hammer over and over into the anvil. The sounds of a hammer crashing into metal resonated with every step we took until we were just a few feet from the seated women.

She turned her head up and looked me over, giving me a cold glare with her icy blue eyes. "Whose the welp?" She asked as she spat out a wad of black goo. She dropped the hammer, causing a loud crash to sound as she stood up. She towered a solid head and a half over me. She curled her upper lip in disdain, revealing slightly yellowed teeth.

"Ahh miss Amarina, my dear, this is Kairos, one of the newest additions to this galaxy's administrators." Althurias patted my back as Amarina continued to size me up. After a moment, she wiped her hand on her blacked tunic and held it out towards me.

"Ahh. Well, Kairos, it is good to meetcha." Her voice rang out deep, and gruffly punctuating her words with a thick accent that I've never heard before. I reached out and took her hand, noting how it was well calloused and slightly blackened from soot.

"It's a pleasured to meet you as well," I replied to her slightly shocked as I had just noticed how much deeper my voice had gotten since I woke up. She pulled back her hand and settled back into her chair and started to reach for her hammer. She placed on top of the anvil and put her hand into a pouch on her ruined tunic and retrieved a small metal cylinder.

"I'm the forge mother. I create starting weapons for the Administrators, so they aren't as defenseless as a newborn when they receive their first world." She grabbed a wad of a plant-like substance and placed it in her mouth, then snapping her fingers, causing a wooden stool to appear from the air behind me. "Take a seat and tell me what class you choose so I can make a weapon for you." I sat down quickly, biting back at the irritation of sitting in an uncomfortable spot.

"I chose a dancer sub-specialization." She nodded her head and quickly brought up a screen. She typed something in real quick and threw the screen over the anvil to me. The screen landed in front of my face and showed an extensive list of weapon styles to choose from.

Weapon Motifs available for dancer at your level

Divine Angel

Divine Demon

High Elvish

Dark Elf

Drasghôul

 

"I suggest you look through that list before telling me. I only do this for free once." She grabbed the handle of her hammer and gave me a glance before she went back to what she was doing when we walked in. I turned my attention back to the list and clicked on the first option.

The Divine angel motif had an appearance right of science fiction. The blade was straight and was comprised of a grey steel-like substance with blue mana lining the outside. It was fractured at many different points, and all the pieces were hovering inches away from each other. They were all interconnected with a dimly glowing blue light branching to each piece and then encompassing the edge of the blade and then flowing down like a river down to the hilt, which was a cylinder with wires lacing around it in the shape of an imprinted hand. I brought a finger up to scratch my cheek as I moved on to the next option.

The Divine Demon looked almost exactly like the Angel variant, but where the light was a sky blue, this one was a bleeding red and led down to a hilt that was molded to fit a hand perfectly. I let out a sigh of annoyance and dismissed the picture. I really had to get down to the bottom of what the Angels and Demons really were. I pushed the thought to the side and brought the next picture up.

"Elfs really know how to make their weapons," I muttered to my self as I stared at the exquisite craftsmanship of the blade. The blade itself was a steel color and had a slight curve leading from the hilt to the point. Along the groves on the interior of the sword sat gold, which leads down to the hilt leading into a wooden handle. Along the handle was flowing writing inscribed with gold, which I did not recognize. I stared at the picture for a moment longer happily, taking in the sight of the blade before switching to the next.

The Dark Elf blade had a very dread inspiring appearance. The blade was pitch black with small specks of red dotting its surface and remained straight till just a few inches from the tip where it started to curve ever so slightly. Where the High Elfs had gold inlaid onto the grooves of the sword, the Dark Elf design had blood-red lines sprawling like streams of blood that led down to the guard. The guard was circular and was painted a deep resonating red color. I shuddered in my seat and quickly put the picture away. One left, I told my self as I was starting to grow mentally fatigued from all of this.

The Drasghôul blade looked as if it was wrenched from the hands of an undead warrior. From the bottom of a rotted out hilt sprouted a rusted blade that curved the length of the handle before merging into the remainder of the sword and continuing up into a curve before tapering off. The metal looked rusted and mottled with mold of varying colors. Grossed out by the look of the blade, I quickly closed the image out and took it off the list. That left me with four that were at least better choices.

I scrolled back through the pictures a couple more times before eventually removing the Dark Elf blade. They may be one of my favorite races, but that blade was just too edgy for my taste. With a heart full of sadness, I quickly got rid of the High Elf blade next. It was a beautiful blade, but I don't think it would have really fit the image I was trying to create. That left me with two options. Well, one really, they were both the close to the same design with differing colors.

I thumbed back and forth between the two before eventually deciding on the Demon variant. I wasn't too fond of the sky blue light emanating from the Angel variant. I confirmed my choice before dismissing the screen, causing the blacksmith to stop working.

"Ahh made ya choice, I see. About fracking time." She grumbled as she reached into a nearby cabinet, pulling out a metal ingot. "Arthurias help him with stats while I start working on these blades. Its gonna take some time, and we might as well kill two birds with one stone." He nodded, and I noticed a new notification appear just to the right of what I could see.

Status screen unlocked.. 85% of Stat points have been allocated. The remainder has been placed into your status page.

I glanced back to Arthurias and attempted the first thing that came to mind, and that was thinking the word status.

 

Status Page

 

User: Kairos

Designation: The Silent Overseer

Rank: 1A

Level 1: Progress to the next level (0.0% percent)

Species: Celestial Nephilim

Sub Species: Human

Class: Dancer of The Echoing Mirror

Titles Held: Champion of Man, Chosen of the Divine, Raiser of the Forgotten, First of a Species

Worlds owned 0/1

Passive skills: *Hidden* *Hidden* *Hidden* Favor of Man, *Hidden*

Racial Passives: Extreme heat resistance, Extreme cold resistance, Increased dexterity, Tireless,

 

Stat Page Stats Available for relocation ( 15)

Health: 10,000 ( 0)

Stamina: 11,000 (o)

Mana: 13, 000 (0)

 

Sub Stats Available:

N/A

 

I looked over my stat page one more time before asking Arthurias, "Hey, what's the deal with my status screen? It doesn't look like anything I've ever seen before." He snickered at my question as he stepped in front of me.

"You are what we call a Game Variant Administrator. Your status screen shows up slightly different then what most Administrators will see though they all share one." I nodded my head understanding his words and equating my screen with the copious of gaming I did in my human life. "So ill give you a break down of what makes your status screen different. You being an Administrator means two things. Firstly your screen is always going to show up slightly different then that of the races that appear on your world, if, and that's the keyword if you make your worlds a game type system." I shifted forward and was about to ask a question before he started talking again.

"Please hold your questions till I'm finished old sport." He shifted his weight to his other foot and started talking again. "So as you can see, you lack specific main stats like vitality, intelligence, and such. The system compresses those into three main areas, health, stamina, and mana. It does this because, as an Administrator, stat points are a rarity, and you get a decreasing amount as you level. However, you can still get them through either trading creation points or by doing stuff on the worlds you own." I was reading through my screen as he spoke that and everything started to make sense. "Okay, so questions are accepted now."

"Okay, so what are these zeros next to main stats?"

"That would be the primary way administrators gain power. That's the average of your populace mixed in with some fancy math that no one actually cares enough to know." I rolled my eyes at his half-assed answer and carried on.

"So what your telling me is that to increase my health, I need to either drop stat points into it or just increase my populace?" Arthurias vigorously nodded his head and clapped his hands sarcastically.

"That's precisely what I'm saying, mate." I narrow my eyes at him before turning back to my screen to find my next question.

"What's the not available and hidden stuff in my passives and sub stats, and what even are sub-stats?"

"Hidden skills are skills that haven't been implemented yet, and all of that stuff will be added in once you make your world and set the system to how you want it. Sub stats are a bit on the unique side. Stuff like grace, control, and finesse are some excellent examples. You don't need stat points to level these skills, but they just make it faster."

I glanced over my status screen and saw that I still had several status points left to distribute. "Hey, what about these skill points that haven't been allocated yet?"

"Don't use those yet. Wait till you figure out how your world is gonna be run first, cause once you use those stats, you can never get them back."

I quickly nodded as I closed my screen, "Thanks Arthurias. I think all my questions are answered for the moment." He nodded his head and reach out to pat my shoulder.

"That's what friends are for, mate." I let out a small grimace and brushed his hand away, causing him to grin and place his hand back on me. "Come, let's see if Amarina is finished."

I stood up and brushed my naked body down and called out, "Hey, Armarina, are you done?" The woman looked up from the forge and glared at me with her piercing blue eyes before tossing the hammer to the side.

"You young bloods are so impatient." She stood up and grabbed three sheaths made of black leather and handed them over to me. "Here is your starting weapon set. You should get a prompt to name them in a moment." Sure enough, as soon as she said that, I did receive a notification.

The forge mother has made you a weapon set. Would you like to name it?

I stared at the text box for a moment as my mind wandered through some of the names I could choose. I looked from the screen to the weapons, and I decided I should use them first before I named them. "Umm, arthurias, how do I use my class?" He let out a heavy sigh before he started explaining.

"Well, that I can't help you with your need to figure that out on your own there guy." I expel a heavy breath in annoyance as I close my eyes and do my best to feel my weapons. Sure enough, I felt a faint trace of something connecting me to my swords. I pull on that using my mental power, and sure enough, my swords pull an inch out of their sheathe, and my head started to feel like it was about to split. I let out a strained breath and attempted it again. This time I didn't yank as hard on the connection, and I felt the swords slide out and start to float around me. It was the oddest experience, I could feel the individual weight of each blade on my mind as they hovered gently in the air. A second later, I felt a new presence appear as two ethereal copies of my sword appeared and lined themselves up across from the real ones. The red light from the Demon style blade pulsated every few seconds changing from red to a light purple, and as I stood there mesmerized, a name came to me.

"Aurora's Grace," I told the screen, and it faded away with a confirmation. I grinned in triumph at my achievement and began to with great difficulty attempting to slide my blades back into their sheathes only to fail spectacularly. I cried out in pain as my head started to throb from the pain. I cut my connection with my weapons and slide the blades back into the sheath with my hands and slid them over my shoulders, and secured them.

"That's a beautiful name for some even more beautiful weapons if I do say so my self," Amarina told me as she settled back into her spitting out a black wad of gunk from her mouth.

"Thank you for the weapons I do appreciate it." She raised an eyebrow as she was fishing more of that stuff from her tunic.

"Don't you worry. Next time you see me, its gonna cost ya." I nodded my head and turned to Arthurias.

"Do we need to do anything else, or was this the last bit?" He stood on his tiptoes for a moment before he dropped back down.

"Nah. This was the last bit. Any questions you may have, please refer to your system companion when you acquire one."

"Thanks, for.." I trailed off as he reached up and pressed his index finger to my forehead.

"Yeah yeah. It's no problem, but now its time for you to leave.. wakey wake." My vision turned white, and a single message appeared.

Congratulations, ascension, complete. The user is now awakening. Welcome to your new life... Administrator Kairos.

88