Chapter 6 Final Touches
3.5k 18 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The overwhelmingly bright light slowly started to fade and was replaced by the familiar sight of the metal pod I clambered into what felt like ages ago. With a hiss, the pod slowly opened, and I emerged and dropped to the floor, the strength not entirely returning to my legs. "Welcome back, Marcus, or should I say Kairors now." Malek stood up from his chair and walked over to me, extending his hand to help me up. I was almost blinded again by a radiating golden light that seemed to radiate from his pores.

"Thanks, It's a pleasure to be back," I replied through the grunts as I managed to force my body to stand up. He guided me to an egg-shaped chair and then quietly took a seat across from me.

"So now that you are back, we need to have a small discussion of some things that you did." I gulped and clenched my fist, preparing for whatever was about to come. "Me being the nearest Rank 4A Administrator and the highest-ranked Angel nearby affords me some perks. One of which being notified when an extinct race is reborn and or a new race has come into existence." I let out a nervous chuckle and shifted in my seat. As he spoke, "And do you know which I was notified about?"

"Both," I replied and sunk into the chair like a child who was being scolded by an adult. He glared at me disapprovingly as he ran his fingers through his black slicked-back hair.

"Correct. You have not only created a race, but you also recreated a race that was annihilated by my own." I shrunk back in my chair, unsure about his true feelings as his voice was calm and steady with each word he spoke. "However.." he let the words hang in the air, and I felt my heart grow even heavier with dread. "I can't be too angry with you over this. You wouldn't know the story." He leaned back in his chair and let out a heavy sigh while rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"What makes the Nephilim such a hated race?" Malek opened his eyes and sat forward. "The lost ones aren't hated for any other reason than their innate power. My race fears change, the demons fear that which they can not control." He let out a sigh and brought up his screen and started typing. "But don't get me wrong. I much prefer you have access to all three of these races. Maybe finally, my brethren can see reason with this." I saw a notification flash in the corner of my eye.

Malek is inviting you to join the Breath of Creation Guild

"I'd highly recommend joining. We are a very well renown guild, and many would think twice about attacking you if you have our name attached to yours." I accepted the invite and a new message appeared.

Breath of Creation

Large guild

56/100

Leader: Malek

Co-leader: Thalmius

 

I dismissed the screen, and Malek continued to speak, "However, please don't reveal the Nephilim yet until you are strong enough to fend off attacks." I quickly nodded my head. "No one else knows yet, and we need to keep it that way. It's okay to spawn the races, but ender the event of an attack, make sure they stay hidden.". Malek lectured me as I sat there before he finally stopped and looked at me. " Now, let me look at you. Ah, so this is one of the races you made." He gestured for me to stand and started to look me over. "Ahh, this is a beautiful race." His voice shifted from the disappointed tone to a more reflective one as he looked over my body. "Did you know when you speak your mouth doesn't open?" I let out a surprised gasp and placed my fingers where my lips would usually be.

"What do you mean?" I asked and didn't feel my mouth move. "Wait, why isn't my lips moving?" I started to panic as I realized that I had no nose either. Malek only chuckled as he took a seat.

"You didn't read any of the species specs when you made them, did you?" I shook my head and forced my self to calm down as I thought about it.

"No, I don't think I did." I nervously chuckled as I ran my fingers through my non-existent hair. He let out a hum in acknowledgment as he stood up again.

"Well, do that later; we need to get you a planet and a system companion. Come follow." He gestured to me as I stood up my self and plodded along next to him. "Now, here's the fun part. I can give you a host for the system companion to use, or you can create your host." We walked through a large metal hallway that had panel-like lights lining it at intervals of three feet and had orange light emanating from them.

"I think it would be rather fun to make my own," I told him as we stopped just outside of a door.

"Ahh, good choice. You can use one of the templates you have to do so." He pushed the door open, revealing a large room with a structure that was twice my size sitting in the middle. The foundation of the structure consisted of a sizeable semi-circle extruding outwards from the ground, in alternating patterns, spiraling upwards towards a floating wisp that seems to pulse like a heart. "This magnificent structure serves a multitude of purposes, one of which is creating host bodies, for either a system companion or for excursions onto your worlds if you don't wish to visit as an Administrator." A metal rod rose from the floor in front of us and stopped when it became hip-high, and then it projected a screen in front of us.

Welcome to the Biometrics Lab.

The screen was blue and shimmered like a mirage. Malik quickly typed in a command as I stood quietly by taking in the room. My musing was interrupted by another notification.

Malik has granted you *Guild* rights access to the Biometrics Lab.

"There we go, now you should have access to it to create a host. It shouldn't be nearly as bad as the dreamscape you were in during your awakening."

"What exactly is the role of a system companion?" I asked him as I stepped up to the control panel.

"Well, they guide you and answer questions that you may have. They function as a free aide character that doesn't count towards any restrictions. However, in the case of an invasion, they can die or be killed, and that is a considerable loss to your forces since they are quite costly to reincarnate."

I nodded my head again, eager to create my own. I clicked on the create option.

Analyzing templates...Analyzing templates... user has access to the following templates.

Human

Divine Angel

Divine Demon

High Angel

High Demon

Celestial Nephilim

Ancient Ones

Drasghôul

Nephilim

[1 2 3 4 5 ..]

 

"Hey, what are the High varients of the angels and demons?" I asked Malek as I scrolled through the list, taking in the names of the racial templates that were at my disposal.

"In our culture, angels are divided into different tiers. Divine Angels are the pinnacle of our race, and that includes all the subraces. High Angels are a step below, and below that are the Lowborn. They can ascend through evolving, which transcends the different variants of the system. The same can be said for the Demons as well." I rubbed my chin and hid the options.

"Alright, thank you," I replied to him as I brought up my Ancient One's template. I shuddered as I saw the familiar mass of nightmare-inducing stature. I brought screen up, and I heard Malek cry out in fear.

"What in the name of holy light is that abomination." I quickly turned my head and saw that the golden aura he radiated started to dim, and his pale face grew even more pail, and he took a step back.

"These are the Ancient Ones, A template I made from scratch with the title you loaned me. He quickly took a few steps back and brought his hands up defensively. " You created such abominations?" He eyeballed the template warily as he asked the question. The haste and resent filled his voice as he spoke.

"Well... Alpha told me how humanity is under siege every day, so I formulated a plan to create a bulwark for my races." I explained quickly to him, as nervousness starting to fill me. He straightened himself out and brushed down his dress clothes, removing any wrinkles that may have appeared with his sudden movement.

"At least make that thing prettier if you are going to make it your System companion." He emphasized the word thing and stepped back, allowing me to go back to work. I couldn't have agreed more, and If I had to look at that blob every day, I might lose my mind. But this has to be done. I quickly brought up the customization menu and started to slowly but surely change the monstrosity before me into something more bearable. After a few moments of messing with the template, I decided that I wouldn't make my companion this race. I deleted the copy of the template I was working on and selected the High Angel template instead. This would be easier to work with then the other I suppose.

The familiar template spawned in front of me, and I immediately went to work at shifting and changing the features. I made the chin much more pronounced and changed the eye color to a searing white. I even found an aura tab and gave him a golden one that burned much like Malek's. I increased his height to an even six feet and looked over his changes, seeing if there was any small detail I could put in to make him seem more regal and angelic. "Malek, do you have any suggestions on what I could do to change him up a little more? I'm trying to give him a more regal and king like appearance."

He glanced up at me from what I'm assuming was his screen and regarded the template with cautiousness, before instantly lighting up again. "Oh! I see you have selected the template of my kind. A good choice." He glided over to me and increased the size of the screen and stared at it pensively for a moment. He reached out and changed the color of the halo to a royal purple, making it deep and vibrant. He then tweaked the tone of the muscle structure slightly, giving it a more lean build than before. "and there. To the Angelic species, the color of the halo and the vibrancy affect the social standing." He stepped back and went back to his screen. I looked over the changes one more time before clicking confirm.

Would you like to create a personality template, or would you like it to be randomized?

I clicked the randomize option, and the structure lit up. The orb pulsed and the air in front of the structure started to condense. It looked like sand was being poured in a mold, starting from the feet up the sand condensed into flesh. First, the legs then slowly the rest of the form solidified. The sand began to flow around the body and condensing down into a faint olive tunic that tightly wrapped his muscular chest. The sand then poured from the tunic forming into a pair of tan linen pants that hung around the muscles in his legs. He had seven snow-white wings extending from his back splayed out as if he was in flight, and a bright golden aura encompassed his body, causing him to shine like a star.

What would you like to name the host body?

After staring at the newly born angel for a moment, a name came to mind. "Helios Lightborn." The screen flicked for a moment.

Would you like to make this host body a system companion?

"Yes," I confirmed again, and the screen flickered away, and the angel opened its eyes and looked down only to release a scoff.

"What am I doing in these clothing for peasants. "I let out a sigh and pinched my nose. Malek chuckled and looked down. I didn't expect the system to give him such a spot on personality

"Hello, Helios. My name is Kyros. I am the Administrator who created you." Helios gave me a quick glance over before seeing my halo, and a flash of reverence appeared on his face.

"My lord, please forgive me for my impertinence." He dropped to his knee and bowed before me, causing me to shift uncomfortably at the display. Malak glanced from his screen and loudly guffawed at my discomfort.

"I told you so." He muttered, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Okay, Helios, please stand up." I quickly gestured for him to stand up, and he did so quickly, dusting off his tunic.

"Yes, my lord." He placed his hands behind his back and folded his wings down. "How may I assist you, sire." After hearing him talk again, J could pick on a faint aristocratic accent, maybe that of a British noble from earth.

Malak looked up from his screen and made a quick gesture, which I'm sure was to dismiss the screen was looking at. "Good now that you two have officially met, we can move on to the biggest part of any Administrators job. The creation of a planet." A new screen appeared in my vision after he said that.

Tab unlocked Planetary Creation. Resource unlocked Creation Points. Total available points: 1000

"Hey, Malak, what are creation points?" He typed in a command, and a portal appeared in front of the Biometrics creation lab. The entrance was shaped like a doorway and swirled like a vortex. The colors emanating from the portal looked stretched and distorted as if someone trying to pull them to the edges of infinity.

"Creation points are the currency that administrators use to build up planets and their administration rooms. Everyone starts with a thousand as a base and can earn it through a few different ways. The first way is by having active civilizations. The second is fending off invasions and fighting other Administrators. The third way is creating new systems, races, and technology and posting them in the marketplace of Sangilla, Alpha's capital world."

"What's the capital world?"

"Oh, that's the center of the Galaxy. It's the largest trading hub and the Active Administrators headquarters." All the while of him speaking, he was silent, chipping away at an unseen screen. With a grunt, he dismissed the screen and turned to the portal. "Alright, any last questions before you go?" I shake my head and step up with helios to my right.

"Let's do this, helios."

"Yes, indeed, sir." We both stepped through the portal and appeared in a semi-circular room with clear glass windows framed by a gun-grey metal peering into the depths of space. In the distance, four planets could be seen orbiting a flaming yellow star, and suddenly a message overtook my vision.

 

Welcome, Administrator Kairos to your home system.

Do you like it so far?
  • Yes Votes: 287 77.2%
  • Kinda Votes: 82 22.0%
  • no Votes: 3 0.8%
Total voters: 372
78