Chapter 7
3.1k 11 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Authors note: Hey guys I hope you are enjoying the story so far: Come join my discord and chill with me! https://discord.gg/CWDycd8 I do events for my story like adding in races, character creation, and other fun stuff. It's a little nerdy heaven so come join it and chill with me! (Cough cough D&D, roleplay and other fun stuff.) Anyways enjoy and thanks for the support! 


Total creation points available: 1000

Please select your capital planet.

I turned my head to the planes of glass and took in the sight of the planets dancing around the star. "Helios, which planet do you think would make a good capital?" He padded behind me and stood next to me.

"I'd recommend the third one in. It would allow for a rapid distribution of resources in case of an invasion and force an attacking administrator to fight on both planets before hitting your capital." I could hear the confidence starting to return to his voice as he spoke. I nodded my head while gazing into the depths of space.

"Umm Helios, how am I going to select it?" I asked him as I started at the faraway outline of the middle planet. He snapped his fingers, and a new screen appeared before me. This one showed a three dimensional model of the four worlds and the star. I clicked the one in the middle, and a new screen appeared.

What would you like to name the planet?

I let out a dreamy sigh as I quickly racked through another list of names in my head. I thought about all the potential names before settling on the name of a planet, I wrote about growing up. "Ouradia," I quickly typed the name in, and the screen faded out, and Helios started to talk once more.

"Now, before we start creating life, would you like to customize the planetary system?" Helios deep voice tore me from my thoughts as I turned to look at him.

"What do you mean customize the planetary system? How would I even do that?"

He let out an annoyed huff at my questions, "Think about bringing up the creative menu." I closed my eyes and envisioned a creative screen appearing, and upon opening my eyes, I saw a new menu. On this particular screen was a list of different options for customizing at different layers. The first significant layer was customization at the level of planetary system.

Planetary System Customization

Planetary Merger

Orbital Realignment

Star transfusion

Shatter

Drag

Pause

Mold

All Seeing Eye

 

*Note* All manual options cost creation mana. Any functions done automatically require Creation Points.

 

"Helios, what is creation, mana?" I asked him as I took stock of the screen and all the differing options.

"Creation mana is the game type variant of the fundamental forces that compose the universe." He told me as he sat against the wall and let out a yawn.

"Can you dumb down that explanation, please. You have to remember I'm new to all this." He rolled his eyes at me and explained it again.

"Administrators get access to different systems, as you already know. The game variant administrators get the forces that comprise the universe condensed into a single force which we call Creation Mana." I nodded my head in understanding and felt a small twinge of embarrassment course through me at my stupidity.

"Where can I access the bar that shows it." He yawned again and stretched as he started talking.

"Just tell the system to turn your HUD on. It should show everything, my lord." I mentally told the system to activate, and four bars appeared on the lower left-hand side of my vision. One was red signifying health, the other was green showing my current stamina, and under that was my current mana, which glowed a faint blue. The final was a radiant yellow that was currently full.

"Can we get any closer than we are now?" Helios nodded his head.

"Just imagine where you wish to go, and the structure will move according to your will."

I closed my eyes and imagined us floating above the third planet. I opened them, and the first thing I saw was a single large landmass encompassing my view. I could see faint shades of green and specks of blue dotting the landscape. I pressed my palms against the glass staring at the planet in wonder like a child. Suddenly my hands fell through, and I felt the cold outside of space, kissing my flesh. After a moment of me being frozen, my curiosity won out, and I pressed the rest of my body through the glass. I gazed out in the emptiness of space in awe. I turned to look at the structure I just came out of only to realize it had vanished. I let out a small sheepish grin as I turned back to the planets.

I brought up my screen and selected the All-Seeing Eye option, and my vision lit up, showing me the orbits of the planets and a grid that was shifting as each planet crossed over it. Numbers quickly ran through my view as trajectories were continually updated in real-time. I could see temperatures fluctuate on each planet and the star. I closed my eyes as I felt the rays of light from the star bombard my flesh, and I basked in the glow for a few moments.

I opened my eyes again and pressed my hands to my face, realizing that I didn't have to breathe. I ran my fingers over where my lips were as I thought about my next few steps. I closed my eyes and felt a pulse of life shoot through my chest, and I grabbed onto that feeling. I opened my eyes and raised my left hand in the direction of the furthest planet and shot that feeling out, and I did my best to control the direction it went in.

A yellow tendril of energy bolted out of my hands and snaked its way across the vast distance in mere seconds. It looked like a small river was painted onto the dark expanse growing from my hand. Short highlights of white were mixing with the yellow energy, and every few seconds, the white streaks would beat like a heart causing the rest of the energy wave to resonate in turn.

The energy touched the planet and snaked its way around it, and I could feel the very core of the planet. Within the center, I felt something smaller and more lifelike than the planet. I gently caressed the strange object, and I felt the planet start to shudder, and the faintest and purest of emotions began to echo through the link that was now established. Out of curiosity, I sent another pulse of my own personal energy through the link to the source of the unknown emotion.

A few seconds after sending out that energy pulse, a new feeling came through the link. The sense of confusion and fear, the feeling of just waking up and not knowing what is happening. I shut off the connection and willed myself to appear above the planet.

In a blink of an eye, I stood on the uppermost atmosphere and gazed down into a barren continent. Not a single speck of green could be seen in the vast rolling mountains. Just gray and brown as far as the eye could see. I shot another tendril of energy out towards the planet, and I watched as it struck the outer crust of the planet and burrowed its way in. I felt the planet start to shudder and rumble in protest to the foreign energy.

I was so engrossed with experiencing these new feelings that I almost didn't notice a small rock pillar shoot out of the ground towards me at an astronomical speed. I shifted quickly to the side and felt my skin part as the sharpened end of rock grazed my cheek. I let out a hiss as I quickly scanned around me for the source of the attack.

"DESTROYER OF WORLDS WHAT DO YOU WANT?!" I felt the atmosphere rumbled at the sheer power of the words. My body shuddered in response to the power of the words being spoken.

I closed my eyes and felt annoyed with myself for continually being talked down to and for letting myself be stepped on all my life. I will not have this new chance to be squandered by weakness. I pushed some of my personal mana into my vocal cords and yelled with all my power. "ENOUGH!" My voice shot out with the force of an exploding star, and I felt the planet tremble in fear through the link. "SHOW YOUR SELF NOW, " I commanded and looked to my side and saw a shimmer in the air.

A figure started to condense from the ripple. First came feet that looked like gnarled tree roots that were withered and looked dehydrated. Long slender legs clad in grey bark that was chipped and falling apart materialized next. They led up to slim hips and a flat stomach that had grey shriveled vines that hung loosely from an emaciated frame. They lead up to a pair of breasts that barely rose from a chest. The vines wrapped and curled themselves around the chest, resting at an exposed collarbone. The flesh was the color of concrete and had flakes of dried mold and algae peeling off. The neck was slender and had specs of dried grass dotting it and held up a soft and tender face of a woman.

Her face held the color like that of the rest of her flesh and was framed with hair that hung limply from her head in long strands. Flowers that were dry and wilted decorated her hair and contrasted her eyes that held the color of a violet chrysanthemum. She gazed at me with a fiery look and proceeded to speak in such a soft feminine voice, that was such a far cry from the deep bass-driven voice I heard a few seconds ago. "This is my planet. You will not lay a hand on it." She narrowed her eyes at me and took another step closer.

"Listen, I'm new to this whole thing.." I got cut off as something small smashed into my stomach. I felt my heart lurch in my chest as I shot across the sky like a bullet. Pain shot across my back as I crashed into the earth below me, and a thundering boom rung in my ears for a moment deafening me and my eyesight went fuzzy. I glanced down at my health bar and saw that my health bar fell to just under three quarters, and I felt a trickle of something fall down my cheek. I quickly brushed my cheek and glanced down and saw golden ichor dripping between my fingers. An angry growl escaped from my lips, and I felt something on my back-shift and expand outwards.

From my peripheral, I saw small traces of colorful gas shimmer in the dust-filled air and trail outwards behind me, and I knew that my wings expanded. With anger boiling in my blood, I propelled my self upwards and back to the floating woman.

"What the hell is your problem. I've done nothing to you." I reached behind me and gripped the handle of one of my swords and carefully watch her every movement. She folded her arms and strolled around me. Her eyes narrowed, and every step looked graceful and purposeful.

"I know your kind. You come here to kill me and destroy my home." Her voice was filled with sadness and anger. Chunks of bark and dying plant matter fell off of her in doves with every step she took.

"No. I never intended to harm you. I didn't even know that planets were alive." I told her, raising my hands in the air, trying to show her I wasn't a threat.

"Do not lie to me. You knew, they always do." I shook my head fervently as I did my best, to be honest with her. My anger fell away as I spoke again.

"I never knew any of this. I was human once. I died and never knew that any of this stuff existed. I literally just got out on my own after having all this information shoved down my throat. I'm only here cause I'm trying to fill this system with life."

Upon hearing the word life, she froze and stared at me sadly and asked, "Life? That's what you are doing here?" I quickly nodded my head and dropped my hands back down slowly.

"Yes, my job here is to create life. I was only using this planet as a way to test my power and what I could do. I honestly didn't know you were here." She stopped walking and moved to stand right in front of me.

"You wouldn't be lying to me, would you?" I shake my head, quickly becoming flustered with her so near. Wait, why am I becoming flustered by her. I bite my inner cheek and meet her gaze.

"No, I'm not lying. I swear it." I felt her gaze crawl over my body once more before she stuck out her hand.

"My name is Aphelia. I'm sorry I attacked you before, I guess." She rose a small and slender hand that looked withered and dehydrated. I took it and gave it a soft squeeze terrified I was gonna snap her hand in half.

"I'm Kyros. Im, the new Administrator of this planetary system." She raised her eyebrow, and the word Administrator and her voice shifted tones. "What is an Administrator?" She sounded curious, and her voice became lighter and nowhere near as threating as it once was.

I nervously chuckled, and I rubbed the back of my neck nervously, "I'm not quite sure my self, I was just told it's my job to create life and safeguard from the horrors of the universe." She stepped back and sat down in the air, crossing her legs as she gazed at me for a few more moments.

"Let's make an arrangement, then shall we?" She crossed her legs again, and I saw the faintest glimmer of hope appear in her eyes before being replaced with the same apathy as before.

"And what would that arrangement be?" I asked her as I started to shift my weight from leg to leg, unsure where this was going.

"Bring life to this planet, and I'll let you live." She spoke and brought her fingers up to her face as if she was checking her fingernails. I felt my heart drop, and I looked away from her in shame.

"Well, there's a small problem with that. I already appointed my first world elsewhere." She instantly jumped up, and her fist shifted into a sharped wooden point that encompassed the entirety of her arm, and she lunged towards me faster than anything I've ever seen. I barely managed to step to the side in time and winced as it just barely grazed my flesh. "Wait, wait!" I called out as I step back again, trying to dodge another blow . "Let me see what I can do real quick." I jumped back as far as I could and yelled for helios, to come me.

"Yes, my lord?" I heard a familiar velvety voice speak behind me, and I jumped again, shocked at how fast he appeared. As soon as my feet touched the hardened air under my, I instinctively stepped to the side and narrowly avoided another quick jab from Aphelia.

"Helios, help me please," I told him I felt a little pain crawl across my legs as the wooden blade managed to snag me.

He sighed and crossed his arms as he watched me narrowly avoid another strike to my throat. "I'm sorry, my lord, this is a fight I would loose if I interfered in. I'm surprised you manage to stay alive this long." I spun on my foot and lashed out with a kick managing to slip past the incoming blade and land into her stomach, sending her flying back.

"Please stop, I'm sure we can come to another agreement, so neither of us has to die," I called out to her as she landed and she froze and glared at me.

"Well.. let's hear it before I change my mind and decide to kill you again." I quickly glance back to Helios before yelling in response.

"What if I take you to the world I own. That way it gets you off this barren rock, and I get to live another day." I glance over to Helios once more and ask quietly, "This is gonna work..right?" He turned his bored gaze over to Aphelia and then back to me before replying.

"It should. You will use up all of your Creation Mana allotment for this cycle, but she's a planetary God and is a massive boon if you manage to sway her."

"First chance we get you are going to explain to me what that is exactly and how she's gonna benefit me." He nodded his head, and I turned my attention back to Aphelia and ambled slowly towards her. "Is that something we can both agree on?" As I got closer to her, I saw black tears streaming down her face in a torrent.

"Please save me," She whispered as she plummeted from the sky like a comet.

 

70