Chapter 11 Primal Age
2.6k 4 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Life detected and at a sufficient cultural level. The Fast Forwarding function has been halted.

I checked the time on my tooltip and saw that seven hundred thousand years flew by during the time that I was fast-forwarding. I brought the image of the planet closer and went back to the first valley that I visited to plant the first seeds of life.

The valley changed very little over the years that passed. The trees grew even more massive, and there were small flocks of birds soaring through the air above them. Where there was once a silent forest was a forest that was brimming with life. I felt happiness grow into my chest at the sight of all of this, and I glanced back to talk to Helios only to find that he was gone. I smirked and figured he was with the angels, and I decided that I should do the same and visit all the other races and see how they were doing.

 

I closed my eyes and visualized the edge of the valley, and a split second later, a line of trees appeared. I felt the warm air caress my cheek as the wind blew slightly. I closed my eyes and felt the light beat into my flesh, and a small hum of appreciation escaped from my throat. I opened my eyes and brought up my hand and saw that it still held the same inky black features of space, and I shook my head. This wouldn't do. I don't want to risk the locals seeing me as a god, or as a monster. "Helios?" I called out tentatively, and I heard his voice appear behind me.

"Yes, my lord?" I turned to look at him and saw that his clothing has changed. His plain tunic that he wore was gone, and in its place was a hand made robe that seemed to catch the wind and flow behind him. It was violet and trimmed with some golden color lacing and gave off a vibe of nobility. I wasn't surprised that he made that kind of change, seeing as how it was in his nature.

"Can I create an avatar?" I asked him as I sat down in the grass and stretched out, enjoying the feeling of the grass tickling my legs.

"Yes, Id recommend that you buy an organic assimilator module once you get the creation points banked back up. That way, you can create customized avatars, amongst other things; however, at the moment, you can select the avatar that you want through your stat page, but it will be randomized."

"What other things?" I asked him as I brought my legs up and ran my fingers through the long strands of grass.

"Well, when we reach the first milestone, we can choose the first significant path to follow. The organic assimilator will allow you to create host bodies based on the path that you prefer." He explained to me and brushed away some dirt that was gathering on the hem of his robe.

"What are the paths?" I asked him as my mind started to feel overwhelmed again with everything.

"In due time, my liege. However, I must return to my people. Oh! Before I go, don't forget to spec your stat points." He gave me a grin, and I saw a glint of excitement appear in his eyes before he disappeared. I chuckled at HelioS and pulled up my stat page.

 

Updating status page based on the user's capital world... Update complete. Administrator privileges have been granted to the user. Subclass restrictions are now lifted. Giving user skill transfer points.. Points sent.

 

Status Page

 

User: Kairos Available Skill transfer points: 10

Designation: The Silent Overseer

Rank: 1A

Level 1: Progress to the next level (15.0% percent)

Species: Celestial Nephilim

Sub Species: Human

Current Avatar: None

Class: Dancer of The Echoing Mirror

Sub Classes: None

Titles Held: Champion of Man, Chosen of the Divine, Raiser of the Forgotten, First of a Species

Worlds owned 1/1

Passive skills: Dancer's Grace, Multi-faceted Mind, Champion of Man, Hive Father

Racial Passives: Extreme heat resistance, Extreme cold resistance, Increased dexterity, Tireless, Magically Inclined

 

Stat Page Stats Available for relocation ( 15)

Health: 10,000 ( 5620)

Stamina: 11,000 (5430)

Mana: 13, 000 (3200)

 

Sub Stats Available:

Grace (2) Will Power (0)

Finesse (1) Agility (0)

Control (1) Focus (0)

Note: All sub-stats can be leveled with stat points, or can be leveled up through use.

 

I read over my status page and was immediately curious as to what some of my passives were.

 

Dancer's Grace: A passive granted by the Dancer class, Gives the user a grace buff of two levels.

Multi-faceted mind- Expands the user's mind, and allows for more function and more complex spells, granted by the Dancer Class and an Extension of the Hive-Father passive.

Hive-Father- Granted for being the progenitor of the Ancient Ones. Gives access to the hive-mind function once they reach the appropriate cultural level.

Champion of Man- All species in the universe will recognize you as champion humankind, even those not of your worlds. Gives increased diplomacy for administrators that use humanity and human civilizations. (This title is hidden when you are in an avatar. Only applicable in your true form.)

I read through the passives and appreciated the synergy that they gave me. They would come in handy later on though I was curious about the Hive-Father passive, though I am sure I would find out eventually what it was. I clicked the avatar option on my stat page, and a list of available species on Ouradia appeared. I clicked on Drow first since I was closest to them, and I watched as my skin turned to water and flowed around my bones.

My flesh bubbled and crawled before slowing down, revealing skin that had a dark blue hue to it. My flesh felt tough and leathery. My hands still had five fingers, but my fingernails extended outwards into wicked claws. My eyes traveled up my slim arms, and I placed my hands on my slender chest and then touched my face. I felt small fangs stick out from my lips. My face had a thin definition and had slightly pointy ears. I would have to find a mirror or some water at some point so I could see how I looked. I stood up off the ground and wiped away the dirt off of my legs and realized I was naked. I let out a groan of annoyance. Why was I always naked?

I rolled my eyes and stepped gingerly through the plains before getting close to the tree line. I wasn't sure what existed as wildlife here, and the only defense I had on me was my fists since I left my swords in the control room. I stepped into the forest, and the light immediately weakened.

Small squirrel-like creatures darted from tree to tree above me, and I heard the cries of birds in the air high above the trees. I carefully stepped over the roots, trying my best to not trip over any since I've never been very acclimated to the woods. Eventually, I managed to reach the cave where I first deposited the drow template.

The cave looked closely the same as the last time. The only significant difference I saw was that the outside of the cave looked eroded down. I moved slowly closer to the cave and saw tracks wore into the ground. I crouched and hid behind a tree to take stock of the situation. As I was staring into the mouth of the cave, I failed to hear the sound of a stick breaking behind me.

"Who are you, outsider?" A gravelly male voice spoke behind me, causing me to jump. I spun around and raised my fist and took stock of the figure behind me.

He stood a full head taller then I did but was just as thin and slender as I was. His flesh was a deep midnight blue and meshed well with the darker interior of the forest. He had long black hair that was tied up in a ponytail. His eyes were pure piercing black and held the shape of an almond. He wore a roughly patched brown fur shirt that looked worn down. His pants were torn and tattered in some places. In one hand he held a wooden spear that held a broken and chipped stone right at the top.

I raised my hands and replied slowly, "My name is Arethurias. I am a traveler." He raised his eyes at me, suspiciously before narrowing his eyes.

"We don't get much in the way of travelers." He told me as he raised his stone spear towards my throat and glared at me again.

"I promise I mean no harm, sir. I'm just a harmless traveler passing through visiting the world." I told him, purposefully not bringing up the drow since I'm unsure of what they refer to their societal units as. The drow raised an eyebrow and looked me over once more and dropped his spear.

"Cause any issue here, and I'll kill you ma self. ya hear?" He told me as he turned and gestured for me to follow him. We approached the cave entrance, and I saw a few silhouettes in the shadows of the cave entrance watching us intently.

"Where are ya from, outsider?" He asks me as he swings his spear around and hangs it across his shoulders.

"I'm not from anywhere, really. My parents were travelers, and now I'm traveling as well, I suppose." I tell him as we he guides me into the darkness, and In the distance, I can make out the sight of small flickering flames lining the walls.

As we got closer to the torches, I started to hear a clinking sound that reminded me of mining. The drow suddenly stopped and stuck his spear at me, "I'm serious, by the way. Cause any trouble, and Ill kill ya." I shook my head at him.

"You have nothing to worry about; I'm only here to visit, and once I'm done, ill be on my merry way." He only let out a grunt of acknowledgment, and we reached the end of the tunnel. The walls expanded outwards and were unnaturally smooth and in the middle sat large wooden double doors. In front of the door sat two more drow that was slightly better dressed than the one that guided me in here. The clothing was in much better condition and seemed to be a higher quality fur. They were both far shorter then Prox and but only slightly taller than my self. As we approached, and the first drow looked up to us and rested his hand on his spear.

" Oy Prox. Why are you bringing in the strays? Naked ones at that?" The unnamed drow chuckled at who I now knew as prox.

"Ay, Marloth shut your mouth. This one is a traveler. Came to visit, he says." Marloth nodded his head and made a gesture to the door.

"Be sure he doesn't cause any trouble Prox, or it's your head." Prox nodded his head, and Marloth pushed open the door revealing a large open cavern with a small town inside of it.

"Welcome to Nila, our humble village." I nodded my head and analyzed the small village. I saw a few small dwellings that seemed to be housing for the drow and a couple of stalls where stuff items were in the process of being traded. Not bad, they already have a seemingly organized society here, albeit its slightly primitive. It makes me somewhat curious as to how far the other species have come.

"It's quite a beautiful village, Prox," I tell him as we both walk into the shadowy village. The only lights were that of torches that hung on poles that lined a well-worn stone path.

"She is a beauty ill tell ya that." We approached a small squat building that was created from stone and thatch and entered it. Inside of it was simple stone chairs and a large slab of rock acting as a table. He gestured for me to sit. I sat down uncomfortable as I felt the cold stone bite my backside.

"So, about some clothes," I ask him as he sits down and chuckles at me.

"Yes, I'll have my spouse bring you some." He turned his head back and barked back into the house. "Lydia dear, can you bring out some clothing for our guest, please."

"Of course." I heard a soft voice call out behind the wall as Prox turned to look back at me.

"So, traveler, why are you here?" He asks me as he leans back and crosses his arms across his chest.

"Well. I'm traveling from area to area, sharing knowledge amongst the drow, and seeing the world." Prox nodded his head and set his arms back on the stone table and leaned in close to me.

"Well, what knowledge might you be sharing?" He asked, and I could detect a slightly curious tone.

"Well, why don't I show you instead."

66