Episode 5: Need Some Fantasy Back in My Sci-fi (Part 1/???)
148 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

_Greater Arcthanius Emperium / Imperial Capital Planet - Valheim Alpha / Granvale  Manor - Inner Garden

The soft breaths of a young man dozing off under the dappled shade of a majestic looking tree drifted along with the gentle breeze. 

His features were the very incarnation of grace and nobility  - lustrous short black hair which framed a well proportioned face; adorned with fine brows, long lashes, gently shaped nose and ruby lips. 

In fact, he looked quite feminine. Perhaps, a little too much so. The young man often fussed about it in private. He even considered getting surgery once, to the absolute horror of his retainers, who clamored to stop him. He was forced to give up the notion in the end.

"Your Highness, it's time for tea." a soft, lilting voice called out.

The young man stirred. His lashes fluttered open and revealed two pupils of deep onyx. He moved his gaze to the side, where he found an elegant looking maid. Her wavy purple locks flowed down towards a shapely waist accentuated by her uniform, which adequately flaunted her feminine wiles despite not showing that much skin.

The young man lazily yawned. "Good morning, Trysta." he greeted.

"Good morning, Your Highness." the young maid gently replied. "Though, I must point out that it is already past noon." she added.

The young man let out a soft chuckle. "Is it now? I guess I enjoyed taking my nap a little too much then. But I'm not really craving for tea at the moment. How about you join me down here instead Trysta? It's actually quite comfortable." he beckoned.

The young maid named Trysta softly shook her head in refusal. "I'm afraid I must decline, Your Highness. I cannot possibly act so brazen."

"Pfft. Ahahahahahaha!!!"

The young man laughed loudly, destroying the earlier elegant and noble image. He clutched his stomach as he doubled over while revelling in his mirth.

"Ahahahaha!!! Oh, damn. What a riot. Could you cut it out now 'Kayako'? C'mon, it's just us two and a few attendants staying at this overly fancy manor. You really don't have to play the prim and proper maid here, y'know." the young man teased.

"On the contrary, Your Highness. I think I should savor the opportunity as best I can. I believe you are aware I've always been a maid enthusiast. Nay, a maid connoisseur. The last life was very much 'an epic fail', as you might say. So I must gratefully cherish this heaven-sent chance to live out this wonderful occupation to the fullest. Do you not think so?" the maid argued back while propping a pair of half rimmed glasses she surreptitiously put on earlier.

The young man guffawed once more. "Ahaha! You even prepared glasses huh? You really are the best, 'Kayako'." he complimented and raised his left hand to form a thumbs up sign as he lay on his back under the large tree.

The young maid, which was now being addressed as 'Kayako', gracefully curtsied. "I always aim to please." she replied while making a soft smile.

The young man quickly rose to his feat and grabbed the young maid's waist. He then pulled her close to him and sniffed her soft hair. It smelled of fragrant lavender.

"Thank you." he softly whispered to her ear. "Did I really look that distressed to you?" he curiously asked.

"Yes, you did." the young maid whispered back. 

The maid was given the name Trysta in this life. And the young man was christened Rand. 

He was Rand Granvale Arcthanius. And his personal maid who had accompanied him since childhood was named Trysta Lantris.

No, she was 'Kayako'. At the very least, to the beautiful young man, she was, is, and always will be. And he was 'Shou'. Not Myrddin, nor Rand or any other damn name he might be called with again if he continued to allow himself to be tossed about by capricious fate. He never really was fond of the idea of Samsara. And he never would be.

"Well damn. That's not good. But you can't seriously be thinking a little comedy skit like this would be enough to cheer me up right." 'Shou' said as he grinned in a rogue-ish manner. 'Kayako' blushed and inclined her face upwards. 'Shou' took her lips without hesitation.

The kiss lasted for a while. The other servants within the manor saw the event, but chose to turn the other way. It was almost a daily occurrence after all. Some were actually complaining of heartburn already.

"Thanks Kaya-chan. Sorry for worrying you." 'Shou' beamed after their lips separated. 

"It's fine. And stop it with 'Kaya-chan' already. How old do you think we are now?" 'Kayako' retorted; her blush still evident on her soft cheeks.

"I stopped caring when we got past two hundred." 'Shou' playfully replied. 'Kayako' just rolled her pretty eyes at him after hearing it.

"Were you thinking about the operation the 'Wraiths' pulled off in the Confederation?" she then asked. 'Shou' nodded his head slightly.

"I wasn't bothered about what happened with the fragment. I kinda expected it already anyway. It's 'her' we're talking about here after all. Anything involving 'her' wouldn't be that simple."

"So, why are you getting all antsy then? What's the big deal about 'her' anyway?" 'Kayako' prodded. Her voice was tinged with a hint of jealousy. 'Shou' was amused, and nearly took her lips again on impulse.

"You know how it is. 'She's' the biggest shadow in my heart. No matter how you slice it, 'she' was the sole reason I did what I did back in the 'outer' plane. It wasn't for some noble ass reason like the liberation of that maligned race. It was never about that."

'Kayako' buried her face inside her lover's chest. "Is that why you let things slide? About Natsume's son, I mean?" she inquired. 

'Shou' nodded in acknowledgement. "Yeah. This time, I want to finally step out of 'her' shadow. This time, I will not let anything shackle me again. So I'll face whatever 'she' throws at me head on. It's the only way I'll finally be able to get over 'her' influence on me." 

'Shou' then sighed audibly. "I'll basically be playing 'chicken race' with 'her'. Whoever blinks and veers away firist loses. If she's going to bring forth an unknown variable, then I'll just have to respond with my own." 

"It's utterly stupid and illogical. I could've nipped all worries in the bud if I simply chose to do so. But I didn't. That's just the kind of troublesome person I've become. Will you still follow me, even knowing that?" 'Shou' asked as he made a self depreciating smile.

'Kayako' hugged her lover tighter. "I will." she answered simply.

"Even if I might end up sacrificing you as well?"

"Yes."

There was no more need for words. Each of them felt each other's convictions fully.

They let go of each other after a few more moments passed. The young man smiled elegantly once more. It wasn't time to wallow in the past after all. 

It was now time to play a role - one which would allow the young man the chance to gain that which he truly desired. 

It was the role of the Third Imperial Prince of the Greater Arcthanius Emperium.

2