Chappter 3
49 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Frigglene's eyes immediately turned red and her body transformed to smoke as she advanced six meters towards the moissanite bear. The creature realized this and raised up on its hind legs, covering the two babies in its shadow.

Everything went very fast. In the time that Darthañan blinked, Frigglene reached to where Elizabeth, who was closest, was. But the bear at the same time struck with the full weight of its body against Theodor. This behavior against the natural instincts of the animal, because instead of looking to feed it sought to kill, was caused by the magical energy that it absorbed in the place where Darthañan and Frigglene arrived.

Frigglene let out a stifled sigh, pulling Elizabeth to her chest, instinctively not wanting to let her see what was about to happen. For his part, Darthañan cast a gust of wind, as this was the only magical spell he could wield without injuring Theodor by striking the bear.

The gust of air reached the bear in an instant, but the weight of this beast prevented the blow from moving it. A stream of blood erupted from where it impacted, but still the animal struck the helpless baby.

“¡Noooo!” Frigglene screamed hurting her throat.

She carefully set Elizabeth aside and lengthening her nails she pounced against the bear. Forces that she would never have had in that situation arose from the depths of her being, striking the bear and sending him flying against a tree, two meters from there.

With an abrupt turn, she stopped in front of where Theodor had been found before the moissanite bear attack. And to her and Darthañan's surprise, the baby was fine. Theodor had been transformed into a diamond-like material, he was totally inert, like a sculpture.

Both of them were stunned, this had no explanation, but before they could think the boy's laughter reached their ears. Both parents let out a sigh of relief, but before they could celebrate the moissanite bear's roar brought them back to reality, before finding out what happened they had to deal with the beast.

Now with Theodor out of danger, Darthañan released a fireball the size of a human's head, while Frigglene made several movements with her arms and then began to control the blood of the bear through the wound that her husband caused in the previous attack.

The beast could not react in time, Frigglene's blood control caused internal injuries, while the fireball exploded in its head. The moissanite bear collapsed backwards knocking down the adjacent trees.

Frigglene did not seek to verify if they killed it. She grabbed the little baby in her arms, returned to where Elizabeth was sitting, who saw everything that happened without getting afraid at any moment, and carried her with her other hand. Then, she took them to where Darthañan was and placed them carefully next to him.

"Don't take your eyes off them."

The man nodded and watched his wife disappear again. Only three times had he seen her that way, all in the last week. And at that moment, he knew that for dinner they would eat bear.

On the other hand, what interested him the most was knowing what had just happened to little Theodor. That transformation had nothing to do with his vampire blood, much less human. It couldn't have been anything to do with the bear and he also ruled out some chemical reaction between the boy's skin and the bear's moissanite. It was when Frigglene began to drag the animal's carcass to where they were that he noticed a small movement in one of Theodor's arms.

He gently and carefully grabbed the boy's hand to see an eight-legged insect on his elbow. The beautiful crystal creature between transparent and silver was a diamond spider. This strange insect was not exactly made of diamond, but its special ability to turn itself and whatever it bit into a material almost as resistant as diamond gave it its name.

This little insect was not poisonous, rather it was a walking treasure, the cost that this creature would reach in an auction house could be astronomical, since its appearances throughout the empire were counted. In all history, there were only two specimens captured alive recorded, because when these spiders died they lose all value.

Darthañan began to see how Theodor laughed at the tickling caused by the walk of the friendly spider, it seemed as if by instinct he understood that this was the one that saved his life a few seconds ago.

When Frigglene arrived and was going to ask him what was going on, he put a finger to his lips to signal her to be silent and motioned to watch Theodor.

“¡Tud!”

Frigglene dropped the bear's body, seeing Theodor playing with such an elusive creature seemed like a lie. After a few minutes and noticing that Elizabeth was becoming restless again, they both emerged from the trance into which they had just fallen.

"I don't think we're going to be able to sell the spider"

Frigglene smiled, these attempts at jokes were characteristic of Darthañan.

"Take care of them, I'm going to make some blankets for them with the bear's skin. Now that they don't have the blood glass protection they can catch a cold when night falls”

At that time neither of them paid any real attention to the spider, if they were in a different situation they might think about how to capitalize on this opportunity, but being lost in who knows where, with possible enemies behind them and predators in the area their priorities were different.

Frigglene grabbed a piece of bloody crystal and brought it to her mouth, the combat with the bear drained her of the little energy she had managed to recover. And while chewing, she extended out one of her nails and began to remove the skin from the bear's body.

Darthañan on his side carefully led both children to the end of the cave. A process that was more mentally taxing than it should had been since either of the babies could break his arms just by playing. Thinking about it made beads of sweat appear on his forehead.

"Well, now you must be quiet. Mommy is making blankets and we can't go out because other animals can see us as their dinner.

At that moment Elizabeth, the calmer of the two raised her head. Her delicate golden eyes almost hypnotized him.

“Mo”

Darthañan went wild as soon as I heard that.

“Frigglene come”

“What’s going on?”

"Come and look, you won't want to miss this."

Frigglene got up and walked to where Darthañan and her children were.

"Come on, say it again. Mom, Mom” Darthañan started grimacing for Elizabeth to speak again. To which the little girl replied.

“Mo, mo, mo, mo”

Frigglene's eyes widened immediately, and with a smile that melted Darthañan she picked up the little brown-haired girl, giving her a huge kiss on the cheek. Elizabeth understood that those words won her parents' attention and she didn't stop until she got tired.

Frigglene handed her back to Darthañan to be carefully placed next to his brother, who all the while was watching them almost without blinking with his huge eyes.

"Don't worry buddy, none of that is a competition" Darthañan said smiling at him. The baby smiled back and soon burst out laughing, the diamond spider had begun to move all over his body again.

For lunch and dinner, they ate moissanite bear meat. Frigglene dismantled the body and arranged it to be preserved in the best way, although her main source of energy was the bloody crystals, her husband and children needed the animal's meat to feed themselves.

Inadvertently two days passed and Frigglene managed to gather the energy necessary to heal Darthañan's arms. Although her knowledge of healing magic was very limited, after repeating the basic healing magic of water several times, she managed to make her husband's arms stop looking charred.

Darthañan quickly organized a few pieces of moissanite that Frigglene pulverized and prepared to seal the babies' innate energy.

“Are you sure about this? The sealing process is much easier than releasing their energy again”

"Yes, we must first teach them control it. By the time we know they are ready to handle so much power we will have the resources to release their energy again”

Darthañan nodded and immediately started working. Frigglene pricked the tip of his index finger with one of her nails, then Darthañan drew with his blood on the backs of both children, just behind the heart, a circle with four points and a vertical line in the center. He collected the moissanite powder and applied it to the blood, then transferred part of its energy to the brands. Both children were immediately uncomfortable and began to cry.

The hearts of both parents almost broke when they saw them cry. Immediately each grabbed one and began to hug and kiss them while they kept repeating that everything would be fine. After five minutes, both twins fell asleep. Leaving them on the bearskin blankets, both parents emerged from the cave.

"We have to figure out how to get out of here" said Frigglene looking at the horizon.

"I have an idea of where we could be, but I need to go out for a few days to confirm it" Darthañan replied as he checked the detection traps on the perimeter.

“You're not in a condition to go out alone yet”

“I know, but these are not good conditions for children…”

"Don't you dare say we should take them with us to find out where we are" Frigglene interrupted.

“Sooner or later, we will have to leave this cave. We don't know how dangerous this forest is, we will be taking the risk of carrying them whether we want to or not”

Darthañan got up and hugged his wife, placing his chin above her head.

"But I'm not going to force you into anything you don't want. Give me a week and I will have enough energy to give a few laps and confirm where we are”

Taking advantage of the quarantine in Colombia I will be uploading chapters as often as I can.

2