Chapter 13
27 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Darthañan and Frigglene began to walk towards the military barracks in the castle. Frigglene dueled with the guards and knights she encountered, while Darthañan read some of the books he had selected from the Helvella’s library. In the conditions that his arms were in, he still needed around three months to fully recover.

“Mr. Darthañan, Mrs. Frigglene, do you have a moment?” asked Albella, coming from one of the wooden walkways.

“Good morning Albella” both greeted.

“You don't have to speak to us so formally. We are in your house” added Darthañan with a smile.

"I'll try" Albella replied, turning from a smile to a neutral expression.

They soon followed her to the main study, which was on the fourth floor of the castle. This study was twice the size of the first floor of the cabin where they were staying, there was a giant table in the center, with a map of Lhimkio spread out on it, stacked in different places there were hundreds of documents, and the 6 shelves full of books matched with 25 chairs of exquisite quality.

Albella sat in one of these chairs and motioned for the couple to take a seat. A servant entered with a small cart that had three cups of tea and several fruit desserts.

" With your permission " said the servant, before leaving and closing the study doors.

Albella grabbed one of the cups and took a sip looking at the couple.

“We have captured an energy signal of 15 novavolts”

Darthañan almost tripped while carrying the two cups of tea as he heard that.

“Forgive me?” Darthañan stammered, resuming his balance.

“Exactly as you heard, we have captured energy waves that reach almost 15 novavolts”

“Isn't that impossible? The highest record in recent years is no more than 250 electvolts” said Frigglene receiving the cup of tea that her husband almost threw into the air.

“My love that is only in Almawarth” Darthañan replied. His face showed how this news had destabilized him.

“What do you mean?” Frigglene asked worried about the strange answer.

Darthañan materialized a coin in his hands. On one side it had a six-pointed star and on the other the were engraved the phrases "We Remember" "We will return", the first one at the top and the second one at the bottom.

“I don't know how to explain this to you, this is not our original world” Darthañan said trying to find the correct words.

Frigglene tried to understand what her husband had just said, was he and the guardian families’ aliens?

Albella noticed that Darthañan was getting complicated and added.

“Almawarth is a synthetic world, created in a temporal dimension by our ancestors”

Frigglene would have reacted negatively if she had not received her husband's first explanations about the guardian families. The families in charge of protecting the life of the different intelligent species of Almawarth. The founding families of the Telluriam Empire.

And before Frigglene could ask about one of the doubts she needed to clear up to make sense of what they were saying.

“All this information has been passed down from generation to generation for the last 2,800 years. The original world we all came from, not just the Guardian families, is called Tellurus” Albella continued.

Darthañan interrupted her.

“The idea was to explain it to you little by little after we got married, but so many things have happened that I don't even know where to start”

 Frigglene smiled, her husband was beginning to eat because of his nerves.

“What do you think, if you start from the beginning?”

Unlike what was seen in her smile Frigglene was quite surprised by what she was hearing, but she decided to remain calm because otherwise her husband's explanations would be prolonged and would end up tangled without any specific point. Just as it had been the past few days that Darthañan had tried to explain her about the guardian families.

“Our original world is called Tellurus. It is a sphere that travels through infinite space with its suns and moons”

Darthañan made the shape of the sphere with his hands as he explained.

“In the years before the cataclysm, beings appeared that began to annihilate all the nations on earth. Because there is also water, ¡salt water! Not fresh water, the world was practically flooded with salt water. They are called oceans and as in our rivers the oceans were inhabited fish and sea creatures ...

Darthañan began to stray from the subject so Albella interrupted him.

“All our species were brought to the brink of extinction by these creatures. And in a desperate attempt to survive our ancestors created a new world in this cylindrical dimension that we know as Almawarth”

Darthañan passed the sandwich that was in his throat and without waiting for Albella to finish, he added.

“My love, this dimension appeared because the king of the titans took the Drathon capital with one fist. But there was so much force that it destroyed that continent and created a vortex that united the world of the living and the dead”

Frigglene was already beginning get lost. All this information was quite crazy and she did not understand how this had anything to do with those energy measurements.

Albella noticed this, so she decided to concise the explanation concisely.

“Between the world of the living, Tellurus, and the world of the dead, Gorgo, there was a way. A dimension that our ancestors used to hide”

“Almawarth was the product of our ancestors' desperate attempt to survive”

“Being our world, Almawarth, a synthetic creation, the energy that we can generate with the resources that we have available is limited”

“But in Tellurus, our original world, the energy that makes up Almawarth is only a fraction of what is available”

Frigglene tried to organize the information in her head and decided to make sense of all this later. If she asked more questions, things will end up getting more complicated. So she tried to end the conversation.

“So what you mean is that these energy waves you have captured are related to Tellurus?”

“Exactly” Albella answered.

“It could be a portal towards our original world as on the imperial island, or an object that comes from there, or even a creature that has just appeared” added Darthañan for all the possibilities that were possible.

Frigglene was surprised that her husband said that there was a portal to Tellurus on the Imperial Island, but before she could ask any more, there was a knock on the study door.

“Mrs. Albella, the guests have already arrived and are in the reception villa”

“¡Shit!” Albella said quickly covering her mouth with a napkin.

“Thank you, tell them we're going” Albella answered a little calmer.

Immediately she put the empty cup of tea on the table.

“Other nobles who do not belong to Vorpiax have realized this and have sent "mercantile groups" to carry out a joint exploration”

“Are they also guardian families?” asked Frigglene.

“No, but all this energy attracts anyone with ambitions for power. All nearby islands must be aware of what is happening in Lhimkio”

“And you are looking for our help to deal with these people” Darthañan affirmed, cleaning his shirt and pants.

Albella sighed, knowing that Darthañan belonged to the guardian families, she thought that he would be quite competent as her father, but having witnessed how this human managed to complicate so much a simple explanation, her expectations were destroyed in these few minutes.

Frigglene seemed to understand what Albella was thinking and smiled.

“Don't worry, Darthañan only becomes a mess when he has to speak to me”

“You make me nervous” Darthañan winked at her.

Frigglene ignored him and continued.

“When it comes to anything else ...” at that moment she stopped and thought, then continued “not directly with me or with our children, Darthañan is more competent than it seems”

“¡Frigg!” Darthañan complained.

“Perfect, then it's time to negotiate with those vipers” concluded Albella, rising from her chair.

Darthañan and Frigglene followed. They left the study and headed for the reception villa where representatives of the various powers, who learned of the powerful fluctuation of energy, were waiting.

Hello!

Now we are beginning the very first plot arch. =D

1