Chapter 14
23 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meanwhile in Mr. Crispa's villa the five children were playing in a special park full of branches, leaves, seeds and all kinds of floral structures that encouraged them to use all their muscles. The time in this peculiar place was designed by the Krisyll to develop the body and elasticity of the children

“Young ones it is time for the morning snacks” Crispa said.

“Can't we play a little more?” Mushi asked.

“One more minute, just one more minute” added Shimu.

"We are about to save the world" said Theodor.

“You can continue playing after snack” the tutor answered them.

" I'm going, not happy about being bad " said Lutza, lowering from some branches and approaching Crispa.

“But without the villain, who do we fight with?” Shimu asked annoyed that Lutza did not want to continue playing.

“All against Lutza, Lutza not happy” replied the gorilla of one meter eighty.

“It is that you are the biggest and strongest, the four against you is the most balanced composition” this time Elizabeth answered appearing from among some bushes.

"Yes, it is only because you are the strongest" said Mushi.

This last comment pleased Lutza.

“Okay, let's go inside. The food is getting cold” urged Crispa.

The three little men looked at Elizabeth to confirm what they would do. Eli had earned the recognition of his brother and their friends as a role to follow as her decisions in general were the best ones.

“In any case, Lutza and already went to eat. Without an evil monster we have no one to fight with” the girl said when she saw that Lutza was already outside of the playground.

The other children thought about it and decided to go.

“No swords or weapons in the cabin” Crispa told them seen that they all were carrying branches as weapons.

The kids grimacing in disagreement, left what they had collected on the ground.

“This is my sword; no one is going to take it from me” Shimu said as he released his stick.

Mushi and Theodor thought about it for a moment, because moments before the three of them had fought over who was the owner of that branch, and both sighed when they noticed that they had nothing to say against it.

Inside Mr. Crispa's cabin was an eight seat round table where each child had a hot chocolate with marshmallows and a coconut cake. As Theodor sat down, he couldn't help noticing that the marshmallows, which had absorbed a bit of liquid, looked like his friends: Shimu and Mushi. He directed his gaze towards them and then he saw the marshmallows again. He repeated this several times as everyone started to eat and when he was wondering if his friends would taste like marshmallows too he was interrupted.

“Today I have a very interesting story for you, it's called 'The Goblin and the Dragon'” Crispa said placing a children's story book on the table.

“Why isn't it called 'The Dragon and the Goblin'? Dragons are stronger than Goblins, the dragon should be always first” Shimu asked with his mouth covered in crumps.

"It's not all about strength, maybe it's about intelligence" Mushi replied.

“Dragons are also smarter than goblins ¡Duh!” Shimu affirmed.

Mushi upon thinking about it did not find how to respond to his brother so he remained silent.

“If you let me read the story you will know” Crispa said.

“But ...

“¡Shhh!” Elizabeth silenced Shimu.

Listening to stories was Elizabeth's favorite part of the day.

“Lutza, you too have to pay attention” Crispa said surprising the gorilla who was already repeating her third serving.

“In the middle of a big forest there was a volcano, inside this volcano there was a cave, and inside this cave there was a huge dragon. The dragon was sleeping on its little paws, sheltered in its beautiful wings”

“A small Goblin met him by chance, when he saw the dragon he was very scared and in his eagerness to escape from the cave he did not pay attention to where he was walking and tripped over the dragon's tail.

“Hahaha he is going to be eaten” Shimu scoffed.

Crispa ignored him and continued “Upon being awakened from his nap the dragon seized the little Goblin in anger. Opening his mouth to eat him”

“I knew it” the little lepiota interrupted again.

“¡Excuse me! Implored the poor Goblin”

“Please let me go and I'm surely pay you back someday”

“The dragon found it amusing that a Goblin was able to help him. He was the lord of the forest; his power was such that everyone bowed before him. But the dragon was generous and as the little Goblin's comment amused him he let him go.

“what? He must have eaten it” Shimu said indignantly.

“¡Ouch!” he screamed second later. Elizabeth had hit him. Shimu had interrupted so much that she was super annoyed.

"If you interrupt again, I'll tell Lutza to hit you" Elizabeth threatened.

The naive gorilla fixed her gaze immediately on Shimu, who began to sweat remembering the past times where Lutza had hit him.

“Eli I will shut up; I will shut up”

Crispa sighed for a moment invoking patience and continued.

“A few days later, while walking through the forest thinking about what he was going to eat, the dragon was caught in a mercenary trap. The dragon tried to use his strength, but the trap tightened around his body each time he tried. Then he tried to use his magic, but the trap absorbed the magic”

“Seeing that he could not get rid of this trap he filled the forest with his roars. The little Goblin recognized the voice of the dragon and soon found him caught in the strange trap of the mercenaries”

“The Goblin observed that the trap was made of several rocks with runes in a circular formation. And using his little knife he started digging around one of these rocks. When he managed to loosen it with all his strength, he moved the rock from the place where it was”

“As one of the rocks with runes was moved the magic circuit stopped working. The dragon was free again”

“You laughed when I said I would return the favor, little Goblin said proudly”

“¡Now you know! that even a small Goblin can help a great dragon”

Crispa closed the book and preparing to explain the moral of the story to the children, he left a few seconds of silence for the children to think about it.

“¡I knew it, I was correct!” shouted Mushi.

“Shimu was wrong and I wasn't!” he proclaimed.

Shimu could only keep silent, the Goblin had really helped the dragon. The lepiota was surprised by how the story ended, but at the same time he was annoyed with his brother.

“Well Mushi, can you tell us what is the moral of the story?” Crispa asked guiding the children's conversation.

Mushi put his hand on his jaw and thought for a few seconds.

“Don't go out into the woods alone?” He answered as if he were asking.

“Interesting, you are right that we should not go out alone to the forest, but that is not the moral of this story” Crispa replied.

“Does anyone know what the moral may be?”

All the little ones started to think.

"That if the dragon had eaten the Goblin there would have been no need to go looking for food" said Shimu confidently.

“Yes, Goblin is eaten. Do not go out” added Lutza encouraging Shimu in his answer.

“The dragon would have filled very little his tummy and when he had to leave the cave again because he was hungry nobody could have helped him this time”

Elizabeth noticed the words the teacher used and began to think more carefully.

“Let's see Theodor. What do you think the moral was?”

Little Tod was surprised to hear his name, he had been thinking all the time if his friends were marshmallows that he had not paid attention to the story.

“I don't know” replied the boy with indifference.

“Well you have to say something, if you want you can invent the answer like the others, but do not remain silent”

Theodor looked up and fixed his eyes on Crispa's intermediate eyes.

“But if I don't know, isn't it telling lies? Didn't you tell us yesterday that it was wrong to tell lies?”

Theodor's answer surprised Crispa and when he was going to answer, someone else won him the word.

“¡Help others!” yelled Elizabeth to draw the attention of the teacher.

“The moral is to help others because we never know when they can help us”

"Very well, exactly, that is the moral of the story" Crispa replied congratulating Elizabeth and ignoring Theodor's question.

Hi, I would appreciate your comments and see how I can improve.

The original fable is “The Lion and the Mouse”

1