Chapter 22
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day of the raid arrived, Darthañan and Frigglene began the day like any other. Darthañan went down to prepare breakfast while Frigglene woke up and got the children ready.

“Eli, Tod, it's already daytime. You have to wake up or we will be late to Mr. Crispa villa” Frigglene said opening the curtains of the room.

Elizabeth woke up immediately and before her brother could start his daily fight with their mom so he could stay longer in bed she admonished him.

“Tod don't ruin our plans!”

Little Theodor, hearing his sister's scream, woke up and remembered the plans for today and got up immediately.

“I’m ready, we have to get out fast. There is no time to bathe” Theodor exclaimed jumping out of bed.

Frigglene had only just grabbed her son's blankets and with her mouth open hesitated for a moment. What was happening to her son? She had never seen him wake up so fast. Was he growing or maturing?

However, her doubts did not last long. As soon as she heard Theodor say he wasn't going to take a bath, she turned immediately and grabbed him by the collar of his pajamas.

“I don’t think so little sir, in this house there are no pigs”

“But there is no time” protested the boy

“Tod, the faster we get ready the faster we can get out” Elizabeth said passing by the side of her brother and mother.

“Understood” Tod replied without any resistance.

<It seems his sister had trained him> Frigglene thought, seeing Theodor's strange reactions an so obedient to his sister.

“Come on Destroyer it's time to take a bath” Theodor proclaimed before leaving the room running after his sister.

At that moment between the blankets, which Frigglene still had in her hands, a lump moved and suddenly the little red panda that his son had brought jump and began to follow him.

“Theodor Pralefur! How many times have I told you that you can't sleep with destroyer?” Frigglene shouted angrily, her eyes had turned red and her fangs had grown a little.

Frigglene had already explained to her son that the animals had to sleep on the first floor, they had even borrowed a pet bed from Dr. Kolia, who as a hobby raised several animals in his villa.

The surprises did not stop there, the two little ones asked to wear corium bark clothes, a material similar to leather, but of vegetable origin. Frigglene was not surprised that Theodor asked for this type of clothing because in the days when she did not decide what he had to wear Theodor always choose something to look like a lepiota warrior. On the contrary, Elizabeth had never asked her to dress her in this type of clothing due to its lack of color and design. So this, added to the strange behavior of Theodor, made her begin to have the feeling that the two little ones were up to something.

When they arrived to the dining room downstairs, Darthañan received them with hot chocolate, freshly baked breads and cheese, for some reason the two children had been asking them for cheese for the last two days and finally, today, Darthañan was able to organize a breakfast with the desired food.

" Honey, if you had cooked me something I would have agreed to go out with you much earlier, " Frigglene commented, taking a bite out of one of the loaves.

“You know that the art of cooking is not well regarded in Marburkan, it is supposed to be the work of the servants” Darthañan replied as he distributed the respective portions to the children.

“Hmm!” Theodor savored the bread.

“Hahaha I think someone likes my famous wheat and honey bread.”

The meal ended without incident and soon they left the cabin. Unlike other days, Darthañan carried two small backpacks on his shoulders. The previous night they had gathered with the children and had explained them that they would be away for a few days for work and that during that time they were going to stay with Mr. Crispa.

Apparently the little ones did not understand very well what they were referring to, since neither of them started crying nor did they oppose the idea. Darthañan and Frigglene that night before bed had argued about how distressed their children would be when they noticed that their parents were not coming back in the afternoon to pick them up.

When they arrived at Mr. Crispa's villa, they noticed that there was a small commotion. Shimu and Mushi were playing with Lutza while the two personal servants of the children of Helvella unloaded several suitcases from a cart hauled by a rather peculiar animal, it was the strange combination between an ox and a toad, made of lettuce and cauliflower. On the other hand, Lutza's parents, Dr. Anya and Dr. Kolia were inside large white robots carrying a purple trunk with pink hearts.

" Good morning, Dr. Anya, Dr. Kolia, Mr. Crispa, " said Darthañan and Frigglene.

“Oh! But if they are Darthañan, Frigglene, Theodor and Elizabeth, did you have good sleep?” Greeted Anya.

“It’s a very good morning” Crispa replied with a smile.

“It was time for you to arrive, I don't know do you have this kind of ideas knowing how busy we are” Kolia complained.

“Hello!” Tod and Eli shouted to the adults before running to where their friends were.

After greeting their acquaintances Darthañan and Frigglene then turned to see the servants of Shimu and Mushi greeting them with a “Good morning”. 

As it custom the order in which they greeted each other was by the position of the person.

“Go good morning” replied the two servants a little startled almost dropping the suitcases they were carrying. They were not quite sure who this human and vampire were, but with the degree of closeness with which their masters treated them, they could infer that they were important people.

And without forgetting Kolia's comment, Darthañan looked at him.

“What do you mean?”

“Don’t try to make a fool of myself. Why did you plan a sleepover in Mr. Crispa's villa?”

Darthañan and Frigglene saw the suitcases and the trunk and immediately understood what Kolia was referring to.

“what?” Darthañan could not help asking. He had arranged for his children to stay with Mr. Crispa for a few days, but he did not know how everything ended in a sleepover for all the children.

Frigglene meanwhile turned her gaze to Elizabeth, the night before after she had informed them that they would be away for a few days, her daughter had taken the phone from the cabin and had spoken to her friends. Recognizing who was to blame, she disappeared in smoke and materialized in front of her daughter.

“Could you explain to me Who organized this sleepover, young lady?”

“Ai!” Elizabeth was scared by the unexpectedly appearance of her mother. But recovering quickly she replied.

“It was me” while pointing to her chest.

Frigglene was silent for a moment, she didn't expect her daughter to give herself away so fast.

“And who gave you permission?”

“Did I have to ask for permission?”

A vein from Frigglene forehead almost exploded upon hearing her daughter's response, but inside she knew that her daughter response was on purpose.

“Eli, I know you are very smart. But you're still little, you have to check with your parents before doing this kind of things. Grownups are here to take care of you and thus prevent you from getting hurt.

“But in a sleepover we can't hurt ourselves.”

“It's not just that. Look over there” Frigglene said pointing to where the other adults were.

“You are making everyone do things that were not planned, and you invited everyone to Mr. Crispa's house without his consent. It was not your home to make that kind of decision. Whenever you plan something you have to keep in mind that you can cause problems for others. And that's something a well-educated young lady doesn't do.”

Elizabeth looked down, her eyes were a little watery, her mom was not screaming as she sometimes did. At this moment she spoke to her with a soft voice full of affection.

“Forgive me.”

“Don't worry darling, but always remember that there are as many good things as bad. You should never make decisions about what belongs to others if they have not given you permission.”

Frigglene knelt in front of her daughter.

“And since you are still an adorable three-year-old girl, you should ask the adults for permission every time you come up with ideas like this” Frigglene finished saying that and hugged Elizabeth.

Eli shed a few tears, on one hand, she knew that she did something wrong and felt scolded. On the other one, she felt guilty for not wanting to tell her mother of the adventure she was going to have with her friends as she had just told her to do.

But thinking about everything they had done so far, and all her plan, she kept the words that were about to come out of her mouth.

While hugging her mother she promised herself that this was the last time she would do anything without telling her parents.

And so it begins!!!

1