Chapter 47
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the vessel, once it was dark: Darthañan and Frigglene managed to make the little ones understand that Sigurd could not stay with them in the bedroom, and the family was able to return to their room.

“Daddy can we continue reading the story of Laxus?” asked Elizabeth just as she entered the room.

Theodor who had completely forgotten that they could see what looked like a hero movie jumped on his father and started asking him to read the story to them.

“Okay, okay. But first, you have to put on your pajamas and brush your teeth,” Darthañan said, overwhelmed by the insistence of the little ones.

Once they were all ready. Theodor tucked in the upper bed and Elizabeth in the lower one Darthañan sat on the edge of his daughter's bed and Frigglene sat on the edge of the double bed in front of her husband.

Elizabeth took her dad's hand as fast as she could. The magical book appeared in the hands of Darthañan and when he began to read the effect through which they passed the last time happened again ...

They could soon see Laxus walking along with Lilith and two small energy spheres levitating around the two of them along the tracks of a coastal town. The different buildings were made of brick and painted in different tropical colors. The roofs were made of tiles; while the door frames, windows, and balconies were made of carefully carved wood. Different floral decorations on each side of the tracks.

" You will be safer here than with me, " said Laxus walking towards the ports.

“There is no place safer than next to a chosen one,” the young elf answered trying to follow the human's step.

Laxus touched his neck with his one hand. Remembering things, he wanted to forget.

“This is a scar, not the mark of the gods,” Laxus said starting to walk faster.

The mark of the gods was the way the ten chosen ones of each species were recognized. It was a six-pointed black star that looked tattooed on their necks. In Laxus' case, as Lilith evidenced when the human removed his poncho, this mark looked more like a scar painfully etched onto his skin.

“I’m not going to stop you from following me, but I'm not going to pay your fare either. If you want to commit suicide you have to get the funds to do it,” Laxus said arriving at the busy ports.

Lilith performed a triumphant pose by clenching her fists. She had a card full of credits that his guardian left her when they separated.

Passing through the crowd that consisted of many different species, but mostly Onis since they were the native species of the place, Laxus reached his destination. However, an explosion interrupted the peace of the town.

“Boom!”

Sighing, Laxus turned and disappeared from where he was, along with the two spheres of light that followed him everywhere. Lilith tried to follow him, but the huge boots that she now considered of good luck made her trip.

In the center of the town located on the highest hill was the plaza. And amid the smoke, which hindered vision, a beautiful but terrifying male voice rang out.

“Your family has been running this town for a long time, truth?”

“We have been elected legally by popular vote each time,” replied a deep voice full of pride.

A light appeared in the middle of the plaza and a strong current of smoke cleared the view of all present.

North of the plaza, a half-elf, half-human with an orchid tattooed on his right cheek, clutched a blue oni by the collar of his clothing.

“Of all the people I could find it had to be you,” said Laxus with a sigh. As much as he wanted to leave his past, he could not.

“Oh! But it is the baby bird, truth?” The half-elf said, releasing the oni and turning to see the human.

His beautiful eyes, the right green, and the left blue focused on Laxus.

“Where have you been hiding all these years? truth?”

“Where's my sister?”

“The Corpse? truth?”

 “We can do this the easy way or the hard way.”

At that moment the two light spheres behind Laxus took shape. One became a robot the same size as the human and the other became a tiny bird.

“But if we are going to fight, I also have to take out my weapons, truth?”

A sword began to materialize in one of the half elf's hands.

“Wait a minute. The poison of this sword does not work with you, truth?”

Saying that the sword that was almost materialized in one of his hands disappeared as if it had never existed.

“This! This is the one, truth?”

A new sword began to materialize, its aura much darker.

“Shield, protect everyone present. No one can see the edge of that sword or be seen by it,” Laxus ordered with a bit of concern in his voice.

“Dinamo, help him, I don't want anyone to die.”

“But then you already failed, truth?” Interrupted the half-elf, materializing his new sword, separating the body of the blue oni in two.

The weapon did not look like a sword; it was full of eyes. Everything they saw was cut, including the weapon holder.

“Orchid!” Laxus shouted enraged appearing in front of his enemy.

“Boom!”

Laxus's powerful blow was to push Orchid away from the village as much as he could. Shield covered every fatal cut the half-elf sword would have caused while in midair to pedestrians. Dinamo was tasked with transferring power to Shield so he could recover from the damage.

The moment they fell hundreds of meters from the town, a flurry of blows destroyed the beautiful landscape around them.

“Baby pigeon you have learned new tricks, truth?” Orchid mocked licking the blood from his face.

Both he and Laxus were full of cuts that although did not penetrate the defenses they created with their energy. As time went by, they accumulated, creating a deeper wound each time.

“Slash!”

Orchid materialized a new sword that blew up every piece of energy shield it grazed. Laxus was soon on the defensive stand, Orchid began to draw new swords with different abilities, sticking in his own body those that he did not use, attacking with only two at a time.

“As you have been hiding all this time, I can kill you without the Corpse finding out, truth?”

“I'm finally going to know why my sword doesn't poison you, right?”

Orchid's attacks became much more violent and when he was preparing to perform his most powerful attack with the momentum of all previous attacks, Laxus counterattacked.

Crouching down, the human moved with his left hand, bringing out dozens of stone pillars that struck the swords that Orchid had buried in his body. Breaking his chain of attacks, Laxus materialized his right hand.

“Fush!”

Immense power formed Laxus's electric hand. Everything around him exploded. The human's eyes turned blue. And when he set out to eliminate Orchid once and for all ...

“Pof!”

What touched his hand disappeared.

“You are quite a fighting cock now, truth?” Orchid said appearing several meters away from Laxus.

“But you forget that the time I let you save the day was because you were a defenseless little pigeon and because your sister scares me, truth?”

“I will not let you escape alive Orchid.”

“No, no, no, I'm not going to let myself escape alive, truth?”

Laxus attacked the place where Orchid was, disintegrating everything in his path.

“You are not the only farm animal stronger than me, truth?” mocked the half-elf appearing on the top of a tree in the distance.

“You chosen ones have incredible power as if by magic and you do not consider for a moment the implications of that, truth?” Orchid said materializing a new sword. It was much larger than the previous ones and he had to hold it with both hands.

Laxus began to grow impatient, he did not want to create a tragedy with his power.

“Today I am going to give you a little lesson. You just have to get confident for someone like me to accomplish his goals without you realizing it, truth?”

As soon as he finished saying that, Laxus launched himself against him, but instead of dodging. Orchid brandished his sword generating a huge wave attack. Laxus did not flinch disintegrating the attack with his right arm.

"A very blind rooster, truth?" Orchid lamented taking out a black knife with black inscriptions and stabbed his heart ending his life immediately.

Laxus stopped two steps from Orchid's body.

“Arg!”   Shouted the enraged human, making his right arm disappear.

Breathing hard, he saw the half elf's body change to that of a human.

After several minutes Laxus managed to resume his calm. He was naked, his power had burned both his clothes and his body. It also had hundreds of fine cuts everywhere except the visor. The only object on Laxus that was not disintegrated.

Laxus sighed as he finished calming down to immediately materialize an energy shovel and start digging a grave for the human's corpse. His body began to heal at a rate that no one would think possible for a human. And by the time he finished burying the body he was in perfect condition.

“The cavalry is here!” Announcement Dinamo flying in the middle of a mini storm he had created.

 “Where is that weakling?”

“Is everyone safe?” asked Laxus.

“Yup, I and my little brother saved them all.” the bird raised its chest with pride.

Relieved with Dinamo's answer, Laxus answered his friend's question.

“He ran away.”

“That coward!” Dinamo yelled with the most dramatic gesture he could.

Returning to the town, Shield welcomed Laxus with new clothing. What was once a beautiful town was now unrecognizable. Everything above a meter had disappeared, including the small hill where the plaza was.

With a wave of Laxus hand, rough-looking rock houses appeared on the remains of the town.

“Shield, tell them this is all I can do for them,” Laxus said starting to walk toward the nearest town.

All the boats in the area had been wrecked.

Hi!

Hope you liked the chapter

1