Chapter 52
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the ocean of Thalassa Laxus was with his head completely covered by his visor. A special pressure suit fitted his body. This suit meant that the individual did not have to spend energy trying to survive in the depths of the sea.

“Are you sure about this?” Laxus asked. For the first time showing some concern for Lilith.

"Totally sure, if I stay here I can bet you would take advantage and leave me here," Lilith replied adjusting the helmet she had bought. Like Laxus she wore a suit that clung to the curves of her body.

"Then don't complain," Laxus said pressing a button that closed the room they were in.

Pressing the other button next to it, the gate that pointed out of the terrestrial zone began to move. Lilith checked her helmet and outfit several times. She had decided to accompany Laxus despite the warnings, but just because she hadn't given up didn't mean she wasn't nervous.

“Flush!”

As soon as the hatch opened, the water hit them as if it wanted to crush them. Lilith's body hit against one of the walls causing her to moan in pain. If they had used a better transition camera, that would not have happened, but as they were in the slums, this room was the closest Laxus found to finish the mission as soon as possible.

Assassinate Gargaton.

The newest member of Bimalen. An Orkhan who was once a great general. That to overthrow the monarchy to start a "democratic" government, he carried out a coup d’état fifteen years ago. Leaving one of the fortress cities just outside the imperial capital in rubbles. Unfortunately for some and fortunately for others the coup d'état failed.

The day before his execution, Bimalen rescued him. The Orkhan disappeared, but not before leaving a message in his cell, written in his blood.

'The empire will fall'

According to Gurlwarlg: Gargaton no longer retains the same ideals as when he tried to make the empire a republic. Now he is nothing more than a terrorist seeking to see the Orkhan empire in chaos.

Leaving the room, Laxus and Lilith began to swim through the city of Agultis. The areas designed for the native inhabitants were very different from what was customary to see on the surface.

Leaving the city that looked like a coral reef, they were soon swimming towards the abyssal plain. They were heading towards the nearest ocean trench. These huge underwater depressions were interconnected throughout Tellurus, and the entire network of abyssal trenches was commonly known as the ocean scar.

Most of the underwater cities were located around active volcanic areas of the abyssal plain, others like Agultis that specialized in trade with the terrestrial ones were built on the continental slope.

Gargaton was planning to lure some of the creatures from the deep sea to attack one of the nearby cities or even Agultis. A single city of these could harbor several hundred million sea creatures. Failure meant the death of everyone.

After swimming for several hours, Lilith's body couldn't take it anymore. Although elves were stronger than humans in both physical and magical forms, Laxus was chosen one. The difference between the two was immense.

"I told you, you couldn't take it," Laxus said, stopping.

“Wa. It.  For.  Me.  Whi. Le.  I.  brea. the.  For. A.  Mo. Ment.” Lilith replied, trying to stabilize her breathing.

“Are you willing to carry on your shoulders the deaths of all the people who will perish if we do not arrive on time?” Laxus asked in his indifferent voice.

Lilith's body contracted upon hearing those words without emotion. But it was the truth, if Laxus did not arrive in time many people could die because he was delayed by her.

<What the hell was Gurlwarlg going to do if we hadn't turned up in his shop?> Lilith thought without saying anything out loud. Her mother had taught her that a lady did not say bad words.

" You. Can. Go. I. will. Fo. Llow. You. Later.” Lilith replied without giving up with her goal of staying together with Laxus.

"Well, at least it's on my conscience that I didn't abandon you," Laxus said before shooting out through the water into the distance.

The powerful current of water caused Lilith's body to lose stability and spin for several seconds.

“You. Will. See. That. Is. Not. Easy. To. Get. Rid. Of. Me.” The elf said while standing upside down.

Moving much, much faster, as if he had been born in water, Laxus arrived in a short time at the abyssal trench. Seeing nothing out of the ordinary around him, he immediately plunged.

Entering the depth where the light from none of Tellurus's three suns reached, Dinamo changed from its spherical shape to its chicken appearance, illuminating several meters around.

All sorts of creatures, animals, and sea monsters approached them attracted by the bright light, but Laxus knew how to dispose of each of them without hurting them.

Feeling the streams of water Laxus noticed a powerful movement coming from the depths. Moving to the place where he predicted whatever was coming up would appear he decided to wait. And before seeing the creature he knew it was a leviathan.

The huge animal was classified by some as a sea serpent and by others as an ocean dragon, but was neither of those, it was a whale. A huge whale with a body so long that made it look like a snake. It was 8 meters wide and up to 78 meters long. Large bumps around its body were used to store air, every twelve years it had to go out to refuel. But this was not its most striking feature, nor his six long mustaches, nor the trios of large fins that were scattered throughout its body, its most admirable feature was the speed it could reach.

“Fush!”

The colossal creature appeared. It had turned violent. A brief scan with his energy allowed Laxus to know why. Large and long wounds, apparently from whips, covered its body. A large being that looked tiny compared to the leviathan was also detected by Laxus' scan.

"Gargaton," Laxus said, opening his eyes.

The Orkhan looked like a super-evolved killer whale. It was seven meters long and two meters high, five if any of its three dorsal fins were taken into account.

His body had four lateral fins and a large tail that allowed him to propel itself with great force in the water. The pectoral fins were the largest and had evolved or taken the shape of a hand, with two fingers and an opposing thumb. The fins protruding from its belly were shorter than the pectoral fins, and the shape of a three-fingered hand was barely discernible in those.

The powerful member of Bimalen belonged to the race that controlled almost half of Tellurus' oceans. In his right hand, he carried an electric whip, apparently made of some kind of eel skin. And like the vast majority of aquatic races, he wore no clothing.

“Tss!”

Laxus' electric arm materialized. What seemed like rings shine on his fingers.

“Fuu!” with the movement of his right arm a non-fatal load hit the body of the leviathan.

"Take care of her Shield." 

“Dynamo, give Shield power to see if he can save the calf in her womb.”

Shield took his robotic form, but this time almost ten meters tall. And grabbing the leviathan by the head he began to drag her body away carefully.

“I’m not a battery!” Dinamo complained before following his brother.

“…. ” The angry cries of a whale or a dolphin were heard.

"Sorry, but I don't understand your language," Laxus said, appearing in front of Gargaton.

"Terram," was the only thing Gargaton said before attacking.

A series of electrical explosions lit up the abyssal moat. They moved so fast and the blows were so strong that the combat covered several kilometers in all directions. If not for Laxus's control over the electrical currents, who knows how many animals would have lost their lives.

“You are very unlucky that I was passing by,” Laxus commented with a small smile.

Gargaton took what he thought was mockery as an offense and cursing Laxus in his whale or dolphin language lunged at the human again. A new wave of blows and explosions flooded the place. When they parted, Gargaton's whip was shattered. Laxus seemed to be in good condition, but the energy in his arm tried to consume more of his body. His eyes had turned blue and small pieces of his skin were beginning to disintegrate. Threads of blood poured out of the tiny wounds on his body. The suit he had put on disappeared in the first attack.

" Forgive me, " said Laxus sadly.

“I didn't want to resort to this.”

His voice barely reached the Orkhan.

“But I won't be able to control my power any longer.”

Having to deal with the electrical currents of their attacks had been quite difficult, placing great stress on his body. If not surrounded by water, Gargaton would have seen tears in Laxus's eyes.

“I have to save everyone and you are on the way.”

Laxus moved his electric arm and using as much energy as he could control, he closed his fist pointing at Gargaton.

“Puff!”

The powerful marine being disappeared as if it had never existed.

Hello!
Thanks for reading my novel.
 
Best wishes, Daniel
 

1