Chapter 11 – E.A.S.E
209 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[1 Week Ago]

[Planet: Earth, Engelhardt Family Empire, Secret Location]

 

The butler knocked twice on the door and spoke, "My Queen, the elite unit have returned from their mission."

 

"Oh, it's about time I will be arriving at the hall in a few moments." She announced, and the butler walked away.

 

[??? Hall]

 

"What are we going to tell our Queen? We will suffer the utmost embarrassment. We have never failed a mission before!"

 

"There was nothing we could have done; a portal opened up out of nowhere."

 

"You think she will accept such excuses. Our heads will roll from this failure!" A man mentioned as he sweated heavily.

 

The Royal guards marched into view as they walked past the six men who had quickly knelt and placed their fists over their chest. The leader of the Royal guards shouted, "Attention!"

 

The remaining guards saluted. The two twin sisters entered the hall. They both wore long silver dresses as the excess fabric trailed behind them. The dress glittered as both of them wore two identical golden tiaras. Their silver silk-like hair flowed down their straight backs. Both had pale faces and blue eyes as they carried an air of fear and importance with them. Their majestic acts radiated an overwhelming sense of authority. They climbed the steps and gracefully sat down on their thrones.  

 

One of the stunning sisters mentioned coldly, "What is the status report on your mission Sir Andrei?"

 

Andrei couldn't stop his heavy breathing and had started to sweat profusely. Trying to recollect himself he spoke with the utmost respect, "I daresay my Queen, I have brought unfortunate new-"

 

The Lady furrowed her brows at the prospect of failure and interrupted, "You dare bring me bad news, depending on the severity there will be consequences. Speak!"

 

Andrei gulped as he was put on the spot since he was the leader of the elite unit and continued, "I daresay my Queen, our target escaped through a portal which opened up in front of him and on Academy Island Avalon no less. There was no way for us to predict such a variable from appea-."

 

"Silence, if you had killed the target before he had entered the portal we wouldn't be in this predicament, correct?"

 

Andrei shrunk even further from the overwhelming presence of the Queen and shivered.

 

"That's correct my Queen."

 

The Queen stood up, and all the men panicked as they struggled to hide their fears from showing on their faces as they knelt. They were grateful once again that they had to lower their heads towards the ground when they spoke. It allowed them to not reveal their pitiful expressions to embarrass them further. They were thankful that such a rule is in place.

 

"If that is the case, this mission has proved your incompetence, if word got out of your existence, it will bring great shame upon our Engelhardt name! You dare show yourselves before us with such revolting news. Your team alone will be tasked going through that portal as soon as possible. You have two options, you either capture him alive and bring him back dead or the fountains outside will flow red!"

 

All six men trembled from her words as the overwhelming presence of one of the strongest people in the world caused their knees to waver, making them unable to stand up even if they tried.

 

All six men spoke, "Yes, my queen."

 

They crawled backwards as they kept their heads lowered, once they had exited the hall, the large doors shut in front of them. The six men collapsed to the ground as their shirts under their blazers were drenched in sweat.

 

"My dear sister, this is troubling news. The Elite Assassin Squad of Engelhardt had never failed a mission before today." She said in a tone void from emotion.

 

"Yes, my dear sister, I was looking forward to meeting with that boy. His summon is something we have never seen before, and his past is a complete mystery. We can not gather even a single piece of information on him. He must have a powerful person protecting him when even you and I can not gain access to such information. She replied in a tone also void from any emotions.

 

"Yes, dear sister, It may seem the other families might be involved with this boy. If we can't get him, then he must be killed."

 

"Indeed, my dear sister...I am still saddened; I could not use him as a plaything."

 

Both the twin sisters giggled as if it was rehearsed and left the hall through the back entrance.

 

[Outside the ??? hall]

 

The men had finally regained enough of their strength to stand back up.

 

"You got to be fucking kidding me, in front of them we are absolutely helpless, can you believe us the Elite Assassin Squad of Engelhardt who murdered countless high profile politicians and S class heroes can't even stand in the presence of our Queens. We are nothing but dirt in front of them."

 

"Of course, that's why we have to serve them to the best of our ability to be of use to them. This failure has cut us all deeply. Let's try our best to make amends. The higher-ups have already arranged for us to get through the security on the Island and the portal. We need to find that boy and capture him, and if that is not possible, then we just have slit his throat." The leader replied respectfully.

 

They all nodded their heads in agreement. A butler arrived towards them and announced the details, "You will be departing at 2 pm from the nearby airfield, and you will be heading to Academy Island Avalon, we have arranged your attires and weapons within your rooms. Please group up at the airfield 1 hour before departure."

 

[Planet: Nestelia, Kingdom of Yuinia, Capital City Fialis]

 

Kibo entered the Guild Building and walked up to the reception, Cecilla was still upset on how Kibo had ignored her before and wasn't in a good mood.

 

"What do you want today?"

 

"I would like to sell my energy stones."

 

Cecilla raised her eyebrows and looked back towards him, "Is it from the Crimson Hunters?"

 

"No, it's mine." She pouted on the thought that she had to serve him, but before she could look away, her attention was attracted by Kibo pulling up a small but heavy sack. He then turned it upside, and the desk became cluttered with energy stones, and the final one dropped on top was a mid-tier energy stone.

 

Cecilla became surprised by the mid-tier energy stone and had forgotten she was upset with Kibo and quickly processed the transaction. She counted the low-tier energy stones and placed them in the tray, it totalled 28 and with the one mid-tier energy stone. She mentally worked out the total and gathered the correct coins.

 

"The 28 low-tier energy stones is worth 28 silver coins, and the one mid-tier energy stone is worth ten gold coins."

 

Kibo grabbed the coins and walked straight out of the building. He didn't care how the people reacted to him by randomly showing up with a mid-tier energy stone. 'The stone is worth a lot more than I expected. If I can farm those stones from bosses, I'll be rich in no time. But I need to go up the dungeons in order, but what are the best dungeons to raid after the goblin one?’ As Kibo was left wondering in the middle of the street. Ayane had noticed him and waved to him.

 

"Hello Kibo, what are you doing today?" she asked in a quiet voice.

 

Kibo stopped staring into empty space and focused on to Ayane who had appeared before him, 'Perfect I can just ask her!'

 

"Ayane, which dungeon would you recommend a new person to go to after they want to move on from the goblin one?"

 

She thought about it and remembered, "When I was starting out my team went to the Lizardmen dungeon and then we skipped a dungeon tier and attacked the blizzard wolf dungeon. But you shouldn’t attempt them alone I had a powerful team with me to help."

 

Kibo's eyes sparkled at the thought of lizardmen joining his ranks and hastily mentioned, "Where do I find this dungeon?"

 

She became surprised by Kibo's enthusiasm and thought, 'Does he want to try out the Lizardmen dungeon? But he got hurt in the Goblin one why is he suddenly interested in moving to a stronger dungeon?' She became concerned about Kibo but dismissed the thoughts of him attempting the dungeon alone.

 

"Urm...It's closer than the Goblin dungeon. It's 2 miles out from the west side of the city walls."

 

"Thank you. I will be going then."

 

"You better not be heading to that dungeon Kibo, you still need to get used to the goblin dungeon." Ayane reprimanded Kibo.

 

Kibo nervously chuckled, "Of cooourses not."

 

Ayane had her suspicions, but she didn't take Kibo to be a suicidal person and thought she was worrying too much.

 

"Good, I'll be off then."

 

'Phew, that was close, time to head to the Lizardmen dungeon!' Kibo thought as he chuckled at the thought of more summons joining his ranks. 

 

10