Chapter 2 – Let the drama unfold, but in front of me
1.8k 14 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chap 2

~•~
Two years later...

"Mom," I called out after wiping my face with a soaked towel.

My voice sounded pitched and soft, but it was noticeably firm. My tone have a temperament of an adult, which I found that it's something I can't just change.

I smiled to my mom as I sit down behind the table. She placed a bowl of hot soup with two boiled eggs.

Hah, eggs...

"Good morning," Mom smiled gently, the wrinkles between her eyebrows smoothens as she says, "Eat it while it's hot."

I humped and rolled a boiled egg around the soup before eating it slowly.

Mom chuckles lightly and says, "The chief gave us some eggs last night."

The chief is the village head, the one who has the last say in the village and works under a lord.

"It is one of his way to thank and appreciate your dad for teaching the children in here."

"Didn't he gave dad a sack of rice last month?"

"He did, and now we're almost out of it. Oh, that reminds me, Roldo is going to bring rice to home so we'll be eating something mouthful for a few days! Eat up more, alright?"

"Thank you, mom. But you shouldn't worry too much about me, at least leave an egg for you to eat."

I don't know how many eggs did the village head gave, but I'm sure it's not enough to last for a month. Saving food is natural, however mom gave me two while dad will probably have two as well. It's easy to guess that my mother gave me her portion.

Her smile twitched, turning into a bittersweet one.

"You're a child, you need more food to grow up well."

I gave her a smooth smile, "Okay, I'll take care of you when I do. I'll make sure you'll taste meat everyday."

She giggles, "I look forward to it!"

Mom approached me as I eat and gently moved the thick strands of my hair out of my cheeks. Then, she looks at my eyes with a small smile.

"You don't have to hide your eyes when you're inside the house, honey. You're safe here."

I chuckled and before fixing my hair back to my scalp, "Sorry, force of habit. Red eyes is an unusual color for a commoner, right?"

"I don't think so, though the others may see it in a bad way. But mommy loves her cute daughter, so it's fine by me."

"I know, " I smiled, "thank you, mom."

It's a good thing that you don't find me as weird, even though I sound like an adult.

~•~

While waiting for the afternoon to come, I usually see my dad off after breakfast before doing self studying in our shared room. With the help of his books that are available and a small slate, practicing reading and writing is easy to do for an adult.

The language and writing system in this world is different, meaning the people don't speak English here. They speak a foreign language that doesn't exist on Earth, which forced me to sit down and study it with the help of my dad.

I believe it's called Inzinia, an old language that still exists in the kingdom. It was also the very first name of the kingdom before the very late King, Onzinio Mortoquella, renamed it to Morinzina Kingdom.

It was a good thing that dad is a scholar and his job is being a tāchen. Tāchen is equivalent to Earth's teacher.

Anyways, I found it a little bit peculiar to think that the original novel was written in pure English, but the actual world don't speak it.

Odd...

One of dad's books is a small history book that contains general informations of the current royal family and the previous events that happened; such as the war in the North against the Freltors and the big bandit incidents on the way to the capital.

This is how I learned that the world is actually inside a novel.

Scanning through the royal names and the well known big family names, it was easy to spot and connect the dots between the original novel and this world; the Alcantara royal family, the ducal houses of Chalistine and Gallameo families, and the Quesenberry marquis family. These are the most notable families in the book who will play big roles in the novel when the time comes.

Oh, fun fact; the Mortoquella royal family I mentioned earlier are just the past characters in the original novel. According to the history in the novel, the entire  Mortoquella family was wiped out a century ago and was replaced by a family branch, and that branch was also replaced by another family branch which is the one who currently rules the kingdom now; the Alcantara royal family.

What a complicated thing the royal family is.

The history book didn't have the information that will struck the whole kingdom into the beginning of chaos yet; the disappearance of the newborn prince.

Oh, it's almost time for me to go.

"Mom, I'll go out to play."

"Okay, be careful outside!"

"Will do." I closed the door of our house before jogging towards up the mountain.

The locks of hair smoothly covers my eyes, but it didn't hinder my vision. It took me a few minutes before I reach the farmlands where the peasants work.

I distanced myself from the people I pass by and lowered my head.

"Oh, isn't that Rai, tāchen Roldo's daughter?"

"Oi, Rai!"

"Too early for the afternoon walk, aye? Don't get yourself too worked up!"

"It's hot today, so be careful of the sun's heat!"

The peasants working on fields greeted. I nodded to them and said an I will, thank you.

A woman walks out from a nearby house and approached me with a smile. She holds something that's wrapped in two huge leaves and said, "Rai, are you going back to the mountains?"

I stepped back, lowered my head and answered yes.

Farra, the wife of Nomas who works in the town but lives in this village. He is one of dad's trusted friends here.

She handed me the thing wrapped in leaves, "Here, it's entelop. I made a snack earlier and had too much. I hope you like it..."

Entelop is a common snack delicacies that can be found everywhere in the kingdom. It's from a small plant that has five huge leaves around its capsule-like body. When fried out in the sun, its leaves becomes brownish in color and smells like a fried chicken, but tastes sweet and very crunchy. The plant is called enteliom.

I thanked Farra, bowed my head before jogging back to the mountains.

Absolutely my favorite. It's the perfect snack, the perfect definition of perfection. Muah, delicious -- as what Gordon Ramsay quotes.

~•~

As usual, I go back to the mountains to check if there will be a basket with a lost prince inside. It had become a habit for the past three years now which is something I forbid myself to break.

First, it's because I want to ride a royal horse for free pass into the palace. The second reason is for me to exercise my body, which I found to be extremely weak in nature.

I don't know when will the prince be born, the book didn't state it either.

But the struggles and chaos did start when the prince suddenly disappears.

On the good side, these trips left my legs and hips in good shape and I'm confident I can outrun a regular man during a chase. That should serve as a poor attempt of self defense in a fantasy world dominated by strength and magical power.

The woods are still the same calm and cool, and after a two hours of jogging, I arrive by the river.

"Sigh, it's waiting time again."

I put my still wrapped entelop down before picking up a few smooth stones and stood by the river, then I start throwing the stones on the water surface. I entertained myself by counting how many jumps the stones makes whenever I throw it, and the highest is five jumps, which barely made it to six before it sunk down. It's not counted.

chirp chirp chirp

A flock of birds suddenly flies out of the trees nearby. It caught me off guard, a sharp chill ran down my spine.

When a huge group of birds noisily flies away, it usually meant that they were disturbed by something.

But by what?

"Uwah! Uwah! Uuh, ah!"

Oh, there's the reason.

My ears are pierced by a sharp sound of a baby crying away from a distance, then I saw a small basket decorated with golden pattern being led by the river's current.

I quickly jump down the river, swimming my way over to the basket.

I struggled against the current, I didn't expect it to be stronger than it looks like from the calm surface. Either that, or I'm just too weak.

I braved away the cold sensation pricking against my skin, grabbing the basket to my chest before quickly swimming back to the shore.

"Hah, hah, bloody hell."

My teeth chatters as I carefully put the basket on the ground. I ignored my super wet clothes and shivering body and focused myself on checking the baby.

He's a boy, and he's awfully loud. The baby doesn't seem to plan to stop his crying any time soon.

I fiddled inside the basket, carefully not touching the delicate skin of a baby with my cold and soaked fingers, until I finally spot the thing I wanted to see.

It's a medalion, engraved in it is a throne, a pair of wings behind it and then a golden crown above.

Jackpot...

I lightly stroked the crying baby with my index finger and smiled.

"Hello, little royalty. From today onwards, you'll lead me straight to your older sister. I hope we'll get along well, Prince Ellios."

The Prince has arrived, in that case, the struggles in the palace has began.

The main character, Hiyas Chalistine, is nine years old now and he should've started his training way earlier and have summoned a servant by now.

The people in the south will start to make trouble, at least according to the original novel, but I have the little prince now. Will the rebellion still happen in the future, I wonder?

And the Princess...

A smile tugs on my lips.

At seven years of age, Her highness's magic training is about to start...

One of the most powerful Summoners of the continent are about to be born.

____

A/N: Hello, I wanna thank the people who commented on the first chapter of this story. It's my first time posting in Scribblehub and when I read the comments, I was like ecstatic, hehe.

So thank you, thank youuu so much for the support and positive comments <3

I've decided that I will upload once every week now, if my brain does its job right. I wanna see how far can I go with this story but I can't promise updating so frequently. What I can promise though is there will be updates at least 2 chapters a month. My goal is Sunday at night in my time zone. I just hope this won't explode my brain into pieces.

I appreciate the nice comments and it really motivates me a lot so again, thank you sooo much hehe.

This episode is kinda laid back, but that's because I wanna explore this world and put whatever I can imagine in here. I've been watching a playthrough of a game called "Subnautica" in YT and its settings is in alien world with alien creatures and yeah I've been inspired to create my own alien things and creatures. After all, this is isekai and isekai is supposed to be a new world, like an alien world hehe

I'll do it properly next time. Peace out!

75