Chapter 4 – Three types of Sages
1.8k 21 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chap 4 - Three Types of Sages

~•~

"Mom," I poked my head to the kitchen and asked, "Can I go out today? I want to visit auntie Farra-san's place."

Mom smiled and says, "For what, honey?"

"I'm going to continue to search for something over there, Mom. Isn't Farra-san fond of taking care of flowers and crops? I wanted to see if she has what I am looking for."

"Farra does like to imagine herself having her own garden! Silly woman, only the highborn can afford such luxury! Anyway, are you talking about the one you couldn't find in the town market yesterday?"

"Yes."

"Hm, it's fine, but after breakfast! Also, you still have to take care of the little prince, Rai."

I smiled, "I know, I know. I'll take care of my new brother, hehe..."

Mom helplessly chuckles, "Silly girl, a prince can not have a sibling of a lowborn he doesn't even have a blood relation with..."

I waved a hand before making my way back to our shared room. It's only 6 in the morning, but dad already went out to pick up dried woods while Ellios the baby prince is having his sleep.

I sat down beside his makeshift bed, which composes of folded soft sheets, since we don't have a cradle that we can afford to buy. It's not much, but it's enough when Ellios is sleeping so soundly, right?

I'm not an expert at handling babies. In my past life, I lived for more than twenty years of my life, I was still very young and didn't even thought of having my own family. I know enough though, like how to bath infants and what kind of food to feed them, and I think that is enough. My mom is there to make up with what I lack.

Well, now that I think about it, this reminds me of my own family back on Earth.

It has been three years since the day of my death, hasn't it? I wonder what are they doing by now?

-- Rai, you have a beautiful hair...

Said a familiar voice in my head, and I heard myself replying with a chuckle.

-- Uncle, is that how you woo girls? Complimenting their hair? Fifty yet corny.

-- Haha, this little kid! Don't speak like you're degrading me, I'm still your uncle, remember?

-- I'm not sure if I should be proud of my uncle who has a girlfriend as old as I am. I don't call you sugar daddy for no reason, uncle.

-- How old are you again, twenty something?

-- It's twenty seven.

-- Whatever kiddo, you wouldn't get men at my age! When you get older you start reminiscing about your younger days.

-- Does that include screwing a young woman at her twenties? Heh, sugar daddy is reminiscing too much.

-- Damn brat, hahaha!

I sighed, remembering a memory that I considered as trash. Uncle Reigner was an old single man, he has no wife nor a child, but he had lots of young flings. Despite that, he was fond of me as his youngest niece. He has a tight clutch to my grandfather so we were very close as a family.

Now that I think about it, it was because of that sugar daddy's 27 year old fling that I discovered the book --- The Tale of Morinzina Kingdom.

Uncle Reigner introduced me the novel when he witnessed how crazy his fling was about the story, apparently the woman was a big fan and she couldn't stop begging Uncle Reigner to buy her the whole book with the merch. Thinking that we were close age, he also bought me a copy and encouraged me to read it.

And I did, out of boredom...

My eyes unconsciously stared at the sleeping prince. He indeed has white and soft hair, almost like the finest silk on Earth. Smooth, and fascinating to touch. Thick, yet easy to comb. It's very different from my black hair.

In the book, there are illustration of the main characters and that includes Ellios'. Of course, the Princess have been drawn too, and she was...

Hmm, I don't know how to say this in a way that justifies the Princess' devastating beauty, but one thing's for sure...

Princess Eclaire made me confused of my preferences as a woman. She just look so --- gorgeous, a fairy with a white hair and golden eyes, a *goddess* with a glow that turns a woman gay. She just looks so... dazzling.

"Ah, hehehe!"

A tiny giggle shakes me back to reality and I blinked rapidly. I stared at the baby prince who smiles brightly at me, his eyes sparkling in golden color and his hair glows in a way that could blind people.

Ellios reaches out to me with his tiny fingers while laughing, as if excited to see me first thing in the morning.

"Uwaah, haha! Mmuuh!"

I smiled and pinched his cheeks, "You look exactly like your big sis, don't you?"

Now I couldn't wait to meet her...

"Lil brother is awake, let's get you sunbathed for a few minutes before we take your bath, yeah?" Ellios made baby noises as if talking to me. He kind of looked funny...

"I guess our little prince is ready?"

I took him out of the sheets and carefully held him to my arms. He is soft, his baby fat is squishy and he is very comfortable in my arms. I couldn't help but smile, "Alright, let's go. Hold on tight, lil bro..."

~•~

Ellios was as good as newborn; bathed, refreshed and energetic. He started crying as soon as he felt hungry and mom quickly breastfed him. Dad soon came home after I finished my breakfast, then I bid goodbye to my parents as I made my way out of the house.

"Be careful on the way to Farra's house!"

"Mm, will do!"

It was sunny and the breeze was cool. It makes me think of that same day when I also went out for business...

-- Somewhere to go, kiddo?

-- I'm having lunch with Mr. Castors today, uncle.

-- Mr. Castors? Who's that? Sounds a bit familiar.

-- He's the former president of the Castor Homes, the corporation that deals with villas and resorts. His son manages their business now.

-- Oh! That greedy old man! Are you going alone? I'll come with you then. Albert Castor is 25 years older than me and we don't know what kind of crazy he has in his old brain!

-- It's fine, Rhett is coming with me. Mr. Castor is also much more dignified than you think, Uncle Reigner. Don't compare yourself to him.

-- Alright, alright, since your big bro is going with you. I should've known that your grandpops will never leave you, the little princess of our family, all alone. He do likes babying you too much, and then parading you around the social circles and parties!

-- Grandpa does --- actually, I'm going to Barmouth later in the afternoon to do some sightseeing for grandpa's new project. The Castors already has a villa over there and it's also where grandpa wants to place the new resort.

-- So that's why you're having a lunch with Albert Castor! Curious, why didn't you arrange a meeting with his son instead?

-- I didn't contact the Castors, the Castors contacted me. They reached out the moment they heard about our plan to build a resort over there.

-- Of all people, he had to choose to meet the nastiest one in our family. Albert is greedy, but he doesn't know who's he dealing with, hahaha!

-- The Castors are going to make grandpa's little cute resort into a big one... I'll make sure of that.

Hehe, who would've thought that it was the last day that I would see my uncle's stupid face again. Grandpa was definitely not pleased of my death...

~•~

"Pardon the intrusion, Farra-san." I bowed my head when Farra opened their door for me.

"Welcome, Rai! Come inside," She smiles, "You mentioned yesterday about a certain plant you're looking for, right? Is it that important for you to come here so early?"

"Yes, it's kind of important." I said as I took off my straw made slippers, "I hope I didn't bother you, Farra-san."

"You're too polite, Rai..."

When I entered, I noticed that Farra was the only one in their house. It's usually lively in here whenever me and my father pays then a visit. I asked about Nomas, her husband, and Tamos, her eldest son, as well as Tamos' little brothers and youngest sister.

Farra replied, "Nomas already went out to work on the town, taking care of the horses requires careful attention, you see, especially so if the horse is owned by a noble! Tamos and his siblings are out to play, probably, even though I asked them to pick up woods and wild vegetables on the mountains.

Why, do you miss them, Rai? You haven't played with them for how many months now. I thought Tamos and you are pretty close since the two of you are of close age..."

I politely smiled, "I'm busy helping out house chores whenever dad is out to teach. "

'I don't have time to play with children,' Is what I really want to say, but I guess Farra already got the message when she nods in understanding.

"Sena-san is occupied with your family crops, too. You're really a good child, Rai. I just wished Tamos is the same!"

She lead me through their backyard. It was small; there are some flowers blooming around the walkway, some vines coming everywhere and branches sticking out from nearby trees. Aside from the soil floor, it is actually kind of cute, so to say. It's a bit of a mess compared to the ones I saw from my last life on Earth.

"It's not much, but I hope this will help. What kind of plant are you looking for, anyway? You could've went to the town market since you have a wider options there, Rai."

"I went there with my mom yesterday, but I didn't find the one that I want. It's called..." I paused, remembering that this is not Earth. There may be some things that are different in this world. "Actually, I don't know what's it called, but I do know that it has a strong scent, and the leaves are kind of hairy with silver hue."

I turned to Farra, "Is my description clear? I may have worded it out wrong, since it sounded weird but that's basically what it is."

Farra suddenly chuckles, "You're clearly just a child, but you speak like an adult! Tāchen Roldo is a smart man, and I guess you inherited that from him."

Farra led me to the back where plants are growing from the soil instead of being planted. The leaves are either growing wide or growing tall and none of those resembles anything from Earth. But, I did cought a strong scent, and Farra guided me to that scent.

"This is called sipusan, a plant growing almost everywhere. Sipusan is actually kind of a pest, since it grows to any environment and when left alone, it'll dominate the entire land. I had to regularly cut this off before it swallows the house, you know?" Farra giggles as she explains.

The sipusan has a thin branch, thin leaves yet long, about a length of a hand. It also has a strong scent, does have grey hue, but it's still long. I touched a leaf and felt the hair. Yes, it has the same characteristics, but it is still different.

The sage plant is a small plant with small leaves, not a long one.

"What's the use of this plant, Farra-san? If it's a pest, I assume that you would've gotten rid of it since long ago."

"Yes, if it's just an ordinary plant I would've dug out all of its roots and burn them away! But fortunately, the leaves of the sipusan can be used as spices. It has a unique minty flavor and a little bit sour. I like to use it sometimes when I cook to add flavor."

"It is not harmful for the body?"

"Definitely not, Rai! Actually, it's pretty common to sell sipusan on the town market, albeit they sell the dried ones! I'm not surprised you missed it."

Since it doesn't have negative effects internally, then it's most likely won't have any sorts of problems when applied externally.

"Mm, I see..."

I touched the leaf again, cut a small part and rubbed it to my fingers before sniffing it. This summer is the perfect time to pick up plants to dry them up before converting it into a fine spice. Ah, but I have different plan to use for this one, though.

Farra looked down at me and asked, "Would you like to have some, Rai? I'll let you bring home some sipusan since you look so interested in it."

I nodded, combing the locks of my hair out of my eyes before giving her a smile. "Yes, please. Thank you, Farra-san."

"It's no problem --" Farra suddenly froze, then she gasps. She steps back, her eyes wide open as she stares down on mine.

"Farra-san, what's wrong?" I acted oblivious and maintained a smile.

"No --- Rai, what... Why --- what are you? You're --!" She shakes her head, "You're not Rai! Rai is tachēn's child, she's normal! Who are you!

"Rai doesn't have demonic eyes!"

________

A/N: so uuh I totally forgot to upload today. Hehehe. Sorry guys to ask but if you spot something eyebrow raising pls let me know in the comments. I have my brain half functioning while in the process of editing and uploading it.

It's 1:04AM in my place so my brain cells are either thoroughly fried and dead or they're floating somewhere around my room and will most likely won't come back. Hehe. 

As always, THANK YOU for taking your time to read this! And I really like reading your comments and thoughts and I don't mind you guys sharing your ideas and I definitely not gonna steal them I swear to god

50