– MY FATHER, CARL WERSCHAT –
72 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-MY FATHER, CARL WERSCHAT-

Inside the cave, Michelle Werschat has never been so angrier in all her life like now, maybe it was for being 20 times practicing "Erthealle"(1) but even when she was writing all the runes in his arm with the blood of the killed rabbit and saying all the lines that "he" told her to say  she could only see a small sphere of light coming out from his hand and exploding a few seconds after without listening Michelle's orders.

 

After the 21th failure, all of Michelle's wrath was directed to the only reason that she was in this situation but while his brain tried to forget everything that happened  a few days ago and stay quiet for her sake and for the coexistence in that island with "him" her heart was telling her to just f*ck everything and just say everything she wanted to say to "he".

 

All these days this battle happened inside Michelle, while doing this hellish training of only studying runes, surviving and doing exercise all the mornings with "he" she was tempted to follow her heart's advice but, even if she was only 11, she was quite matured and logical thanks to his mom's teachings so she always followed his brain,s advice instead.

 

But there,s a moment where one just can't endure all this SH*T and Michelle, even knowing that "he" would be near as always, all the despair, sorrow and anger acumulated within her exploded in a phrase that escaped from her mouth.... 

 

" Why? " 

 

" You don't succeed because you can,t put in order your emotions and control your thinking"

 

He, as always, didn't understand the aim of Michelle,s question and she, hearing that phrase being repeated all these days after getting stranded in this island didn't wanted to even explain "he", instead she wanted to throw a punch to the well known owner of that deep voice but she resolved herself to don't move his head to the entrance of the cave and quietly wait for "he" to stay next to herself to move his eyes that were looking to the endless bottom of the cave to those eyes. 

Another reason for Michelle not answering to that sentence was that somehow she knew that arguing was a foolish thing to do, instead of that she tried to kept all her fury and sadness inside her while clenching her hands, all this was Michelle's last effort in trying to maintain her composure after all these days of  "cohabitation"  with "he".

Now "he" was in front of Michelle, and she set her sight on "his" well known black coat with red and yellow lines everywhere that he utilized to cover all his bulky body, this red blanket, even if "he" stated in a dinner that he used it just for the efectiveness Michelle always thought that "he" used it just because "he" was so lazy that "he" didn't have the urge to buy someyhing new that could replaced the deteriorated half sewed black coat.

After that coat the next thing she could saw was the  beautiful small sword that "he" carried all these past days, diferent to the black and white swords that Michelle was used to see, after that she wanted to see his face in the shortest time possible so she intentionally stared at the draws on the seath of the smallsword.

Then she finally had to look up to the black hair and beard covering his well pointed face that, even without being cleaned in days, didn't reflect a man in his fifties at all, finally she directed her point of view to those caracteristic cold, yellow eyes devoids of any paternal emotion o emotions at all.

That man that she described right now was called Carl Werschat and, even if she didn't  wanted to admit it,  "he" was her biological father, of course if someone asked Michelle this question she would strongly negate it, being one of the few reasons the fact that she only saw and talked to him just a few times all these eleven years, enough times for Michelle to qualify Carl as an annoying stranger that lived with her in the house, an stranger that, while he was her father, he never displayed any "parental love", but even if she were to denied it one could easily relate Michelle to Carl because they were like two peads in a pod.

From Michelle's point of view it only took one phrase of Carl after that long enough silence that she used to resolve her "composure" and that Carl used to draw the knife hanging up in his leather  belt hided by the red blanket to move it into his left hand.

 

" You will never improve if you continue like this, like I said before, you are very impulsive and let your emotions affect your rationality" while Carls was saying that Michelle could see how Carl moved the blanket covering his right arm, showing an arm covered with runes everywhere carved into Carl,s right arm skin. 

 

"Ethra (2) is something very necessary to cast what you want, even if runes (3) and Il´rai (4)are efficient to lead the Ethra to whatever you want to accomplish you have to be very careful" , Carl cut rapidly some of the dozens of little runes that where all over his right arm with the tip of the knife while saying a few words in Il´rai, in just a few seconds Michelle saw a small sphere of light appearing in Carl's hands.

 

But the Ethra is something that is also emotionally intelligent, the enchantment can change greatly if, for example, a person is having an strong emotion like wrath", Michelle was still angry but she wasn't stupid so she listened carefully to what her father said, in that moment the small white sphere of light turned slowly into a bright red one and Michelle started to feel an unexpected heat coming from the sphere and also a big sense of danger that made Michelle not wanting to hear or even know what that small red ball could do.

 

" Many people far strongert than you or me have died because of this" while Carl was saying that Michelle could see gloom, sadness and wrath appearing in Carl's expressionless face, a new discovery for the angry Michelle , but Carl continued speaking "even the most experienced in this area of manipulating Ethra have to be very carefull when controling all those strong emotions and  thoughts" After saying that Carl let loose the red ball, that stayed near him, Michelle thought that he wanted to make the red ball a reminder to Michelle of all that he said before.

 

But what Michelle didn't see was that Carl, while "teaching" Michelle  tried to take her far from the entrance of the cave and that the red ball that he made, apart from what Michelle thought, was a precautionary mesure against what arrived at the island a few moments ago.

 

Moreover Carl wasn't finished and added another phrase that he almost considered a dogma, a phrase that for a 11-year-old girl like Michelle broke all her so well tried composure.

 

" If you don't want to end like her then you must be strong, strong enough even to..."

 

" You're wrong!" shouted Michelle and, without letting Carl finish his phrase she yelled " Mom is dead because of you appearing that day! ".

 

" She's not dead by that" answered back Carl without breaking eye to eye contact with Michelle.

 

" Then why mom is dead! " yelled Michelle while she was trying to look directly into Carl,s eyes trying to find the answer even when she was starting crying by the wrath and sadness inside her

 

" I can't tell you, you are not strong enough yet" answered Carl with his usual expressionless face, but Michelle was so angry that she didn,t noticed how Carl's eyes in a few seconds moved to where the entrance of the cave was located and returned to stare at Michelle's eyes.

 

" And you!" replied Michele " You  weren't strong enought to save her! " after saying that Michelle added " If you were strong then you could have saved her then ! ".

 

"...."

 

Carl stared at Michelle a few seconds and after that he turned around towards the cave's entrance, Michelle understood that action as a signal of her being right so after that she could only say the last question that was in her mind since she knew that he was her father....

 

" I am that insignif..."

 

Michelle couldn't stop the sentence, in a few seconds her body reacted to Carl's  killing intent towards the entrance, a killing intent so strong that her sense of danger turned on and her brain tried to command her body to move, an impossible task because it didn't listen to the brain's command due to the fear born from the killing intent that Carl emitted, a kiling intent that  it wasn,t even directed towards her.

While Michelle was trying to move she could see how Carl ordered something to the red ball, that flew towards the entrance like a bullet and dissapeared on the distance, after that Michelle could only hear how Carl moved his head to the endless bottom of the cave and said " Protect her!",  Michelle was atonished by the course of actions and, when Carl started to run towards the entrance of the cave, she tried to move her body to follow Carl, at the end she didn,t accomplish that because an intense fragance started to surround her, a fragance that made her to get sleepy slowly, she only could feel how something embraced her and, before she losed her concioussnes, she only heard a voice near her ear saying something.

 

" Sleep well my child "

 


EVENH here! Well this is the first chapter from Michelle,s POV, the world and how it works was easy for me because I just used the world that I'm creating for my novel (it,s in process), so this would be like an "spin-off" of my own novel, the next chapter ( that will be Carl,s POV) will be released during this week so you're all free to comment or indicate some mistakes so I can correct them for the next chapter and novel. Now I'll put here a vocabulary about all those words that appeared in this chapter.

(1) Erthealle: Enchantment that is used to iluminate places where light can reach and for lazy people that don't want to make a torch, it appeared in "Ethra and good uses to survive in this life", a book from the author Light Blindfold, a famous expert that invented this spell to slip through the house of his lover without the father's lover finding it out.

(2) Ethra: Has the similar characteristics as the typical "mana", but in this world the Ethra comes from the death of the monsters, that can produce this "mana" while alive and when they die it's tossed in the air. The Ethra isn't unlimited and, while his use is limited to those who can control it studying runes and Il´rai, certain objects use automatically Ethra to do certain things.

(3) Runes: Invented by the the old race of the Illraians that studied how to manipulate and create Ethra by studying these magical animals, the results of their studies where a lot of symbols that, if are draw only with blood coming from magical animals, can store for a small amount of time the Ethra, due to the "Ersione" most of the runes have disappeared into the oblivion .  

(4) Il´Rai: Invented by the the old race of the Illraians that studied how to manipulate and create Ethra by studying these magical animals, the results of their studies where, apart from the runes, a special language that could be used to order the Ethra, from this results the enchantments were born and the Golden Era of the Illraians arrived, being the Il´rai the official language used by this race. Actually this language is still used but even half of it has been forgotten by the "Ersione".

 

 

 

0