82
266 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the entrance of the Dawn courtyard, she met one of the maids under her.

"My lady, you have a visitor. She is waiting for you in the garden."

Bai li yue frowned. It couldn't be Meixiu. But apart from the traitor Meixiu, she didn't remember having any female friends in the sect.

"Who is it?"

"Student Hu An. She said you two were friends."

She followed the maid to the garden.

"When did we become friends?"

Hu an turned from smelling a flower. She smiled at Bai li yue.

"Don't be so uptight. I like to think we got closer through fighting."

"You tried to use me to kill your brother."

'You wanted him dead. It aligned perfectly with my plans. I didn't see a reason to stop you."

Hu An answered with a nonchalant shrug.

"Why are you here?"

"I thought you might need a friend."

Bai li yue frowned not at all taken in by Hu An's friendliness. She'd been bitten once.

"What do you want?"

"My brother has aligned himself with your rival, Feng jia lin. Knowing my brother, he wants me dead."

Bai li yue knew who Feng jia lin was. The girl in white who had entered the sect alongside herself, Shen duyi and the twins. Instead of the sword river sect, she had chosen to enter the sword mountain sect. From the little Bai li yue had learned, feng jia lin wasn't averse to the idea of marrying Shen duyi. Too bad! She was going to be a widow before her wedding.

"So?"

"I'm here to ally myself with you. I'll be your loyal servant if you promise to kill that bastard, Hu qi."

Bai ki yue shook her head. Did Hu An realise that made you a bastard too?

"What do you say?"

"I'm not interested."

"Why? I'm offering my services to you."

"I don't care.'

"Are you going to stand by and watch me be killed, when you can save me and gain my loyalty?"

Hu An pouted. What had happened to the enemy of my enemy is my friend? She was getting desperate. But Bai li yue wasn't interested. 

As much as she hated Hu qi, she had already gotten her revenge. Besides, she had bigger fish to fry. She wasn't going to jeopardize her plans because of a sibling dispute.

Hu An sighed. She had hoped to reach an agreement with Bai li yue without resorting to using her ace  

'Bai li yue,If you say yes, I'll tell you a secret."

"I'm not taking the bait."

"Just listen before you make any decisions. I found out the person who ordered him to attack you.'

Bai li yue went still and frowned. Hu An smiled. She knew Bai li yue was hooked. 

"Who?"

"Who else? It was Feng jia lin. That bastard Hu qi told me so himself. My brother wasn't subtle about it when i met them yesterday."

"Feng jia lin? Why would she want me dead. I didn't even know her at that time."

"Well, she knew you. Shen duyi didn't hide his night visits to your courtyard as well as he thought. I must say, i didn't take you to be so naugh-"

She stopped talking when she saw Bai li yue's chilling glare.

"You should leave." 

"What about your answer?"

"I'll think about it."

She remained in the garden when Hu An left. 

Hu qi! Slashing your face no longer satisfies me! Feng jia lin! You wanted to kill because of that crazy Shen duyi? Then i'll gladly add your names to my list.

She was returning to her room when the masked man appeared in her path. She gave him an angry glare, but he ignored it. 

"My lady, please stay. Lord Shen is on his way to visit you."

Shen duyi arrived a few minutes later followed by a maidservant. She set the tea tray down and made himself scarce. 

Bai li yue stared at Shen duyi as he poured himself some tea wondering what it would feel like to cut him down. 

She cleared her throat and pushed back the hatred reflected in her eyes. When she raised her head, there was nothing but cold indifference.

"What brings you here?"

"A friend visited you?"

"Hu an."

"I didn't know you two were friends."

Did he now think he could dictate who she could be friends with?

"Why did she come?"

"Why ask when you already know everything?"

She asked in lieu of answering as she glanced at the masked guard.  

"I came to warn you. Feng jia lin is not to be trifled with."

"I don't care."

"You'll die if you try anything."

He almost sounded as if he cared about her. Bai li yue scoffed.

"If you want me to have a fighting chance, all you have to do is unseal me."

"That won't happen until i can trust you."

"Is that so? Then get out of my sight. Your love is worth nothing to me."

Crack!

The cup in his hand shattered into pieces. Bai li yue was glad. She'll enjoy torturing him until the day she put her sword to his throat.

"What will make you happy? Tell me."

"Use your stupid brain and figure it out for yourself."

"I will ask her to apologise to you."

"That isn't good enough for me. You won't let me get revenge and you won't avenge me. What is your use then?"

The guard appeared with his sword on her neck. She didn't give him the pleasure of flinching.

"Go ahead. At least I'll be free of you."

She taunted Shen duyi with a laugh.

Shen duyi waved the guard away.

"You'd like nothing better than for me to kill you, won't you? What will it take for you to give in to me? Is my love such a burden that you'd choose death over me?"

Love? He won't know what love is if it stood in front of him and introduced itself.

"You don't love me, Shen duyi. You are obsessed with an idea."

Her words only fuelled his anger.

"Who made you the arbiter of my feelings? I know what I feel for you, li yue. You might not love me now, but don't belittle my love."

"You love me? Would you die for me if i told you to? Would you love me if i was no longer beautiful? Would you love me if i didn't this long hair you love?"

These were questions she'd heard and laughed away as nonsense women spouted, but she repeated them today to make Shen duyi doubt himself. 

"What do you want from me? To not love you?"

"That will be a start."

Shen duyi took a deep breath.

"I won't love you then. I will no longer care for your approval. Yuchen, send a message to the elders. The ceremony will take place in five days. I'm tired of waiting for something that will never happen."

Bai li yue froze. His reaction was more than she had expected.

"Now that I don't have to care what you think of me, I feel liberated. I guess i no longer have to spare Lei huojin."

"You already destroyed his future. Haven't you done enough?"

He grinned although his eyes showed a wounded expression. 

"Are you defending him in front of me? Remember, I'm the man you are marrying, not that cripple."

8