86
304 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bai li yue interfaced with the master key and made her way out of the Sword river sect, across the river and into the Sword mountain sect. Here, the paths were clear of students as well. She followed Hu an's directions but didn't find Hu qi in his cave dwelling. After a whispered conversation with his neighbour where she pretended to be his sister, she found his location. Feng jia lin had thrown a party that morning in anticipation for the following day. As one of her subordinates, Hu qi was bound to be there. The kind student gave her the direction to Feng jia lin's cave. It made finding the two of them easy, but raised the difficulty of the challenge. 

Bai li yue didn't if it was going to be difficult. There was no retreating on the road she was walking. 

Feng jia lin's cave dwelling was located high up the mountain past numerous student caves. 

Halfway up the mountain, she stopped and whipped off her cloak. Hu qi who was walking down the path in the company of his friends saw the person standing in his path. 

"Bai li yue!"

His reaction was immediate and instinctive. He could still feel the pain of Bai li yue's sword cutting across his face. The scar had healed, he couldn't erase the memory or the fear her presence evoked in him. Hu qi had no option left. He turned around and fled back the way he came. His speed doubled in an instant as she pursued him. As she caught up to him, decoy copies split from him and went in three different directions. Bai li yue simply scoffed. Did he think she could be so easily fooled? His best option to save his life was to return to Feng jia lin's cave where he'd have a chance of survival. 

She followed the copy of Hu qi running up the mountain and cut him off at a corner of the path. 

"Bai li yue, I'm warning you, attacking me will bring you more trouble than you can handle!"

"Let it come."

She swung her sword in the air and moved towards him. Not seeing a way out of his current dilemma, he drew his sword and met her. Sparks flew off the blades each time they met. The quick light speed exchange ended with a clear winner. 

"Aaahhhh!"

Hu qi fell clutching his face to stop the blood flowing from the cut across his face. Not one to give her enemy time to recover, Bai li yue attacked again, this time aiming for his neck. His body fell to the ground. Blade still dripping blood, she headed up the mountain for the next reckoning.

No one noticed the shadow that fell over Hu qi's corpse. It sucked the blood flowing from the deep wound in his neck and siphoned the remaining vital essence from his body and his soul.

Bai li yue's eyes were now dyed with a hint of red and madness. A smile blossomed on her lip as she revelled in the aftertaste. Hu qi was the first appetizer. 

"Mistress!"

The sword in her hand buzzed, agitated by the sudden turn of events. They'd been searching everywhere for the spirit. How was it here? How had it managed to take over without their knowledge.

"Silence!"

"No, stop. Don't hurt her!"

They could sense the spirit merging with Bai li yue. If it continued, they couldn't say how she would end up. 

"Noisy! I'm helping her."

She said and firmly cut the connection. The sword buzzed angrily. She didn't enjoy using swords but in this case, the sword was adequate. Her bow was too powerful. It would obliterate the souls of those she killed. She still needed to feed. 

Feng jia lin's cave dwelling had a flower garden in front of it and several people were currently having a celebration with no regard for what was going on in the rest of the sect.

"Where is Feng jia lin?"

"Hahaaha!"

Her question elicited wild laughter from the gathering. 

"Feng jia lin!"

The laughter died down and a young lady in white sat up leisurely from a bed of cushions. Bai li yue recognised her from the entrance exam. She'd been together with Shen duyi, Hu an and Hu qi. 

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Bai li yue. I never thought I'd see you here."

She glanced at the bloodstained sword in Bai li yue's hand. 

"You should know why I'm here."

"Do you even know who you are talking to? Do you know who my father is?"

'If I cared, I wouldn't be here."

This wasn't a competition. There was no need for politeness or fairness. Bai li yue attacked.

Several students rose from their seats and surrounded her in an instant. They formed a ring around her 

"I have no quarrel with any of you."

"If you wish to kill our lady, you'll have to first go through us."

The rat faced ring leader sneered. He raised his sword. The action was echoed by his cohorts.

Bai li yue smiled.

"Those who stand in my way... will die!"

She rushed for the closest student catching him off guard. Blood splattered over her robe, dying it with dark red violence. 

Swish!

Explode.

She transitioned into the dancing lights skill rendering several of her foes blind and vulnerable. 

"Save me!"

"No, i'm too young to-"

"I yiel-"

A few of them screamed in fear when they sensed the blade at their throats. But the sword had already arrived.

"Too late."

Bai li yue declared and took a deep breath drawing in their essence.

Feng jia lin frowned and finally got to her feet when Bai li yue made short work of half the ring. The rat faced leader pushed another student in front of him to catch the tip of her sword, narrowly escaping with his life.

"You wish to fight me? Then come and fight."

Bai li yue ignored her and stabbed twice at the rat faced leader as he fled. He crumpled to the ground, dead. The remaining students stepped back in fear.

"If you chose to fight for her, you should also be prepared to die for her."

---------       -‐------------     -----------

Funny story:

At the time that I was writing this part of the story, I shared my ideas with some randos on a writing forum. Suffice to say I came away wondering if I was too bloodthirsty. Their comments put so many doubts in my mind. Finally, I stopped writing and decided to read instead. A day later, after reading a few chapters of some xianxia webnovel that I have since forgotten or erased from my memory, I knew that I had no reason to worry. They were the weird ones! They told me that Bai li yue a psychopath and that she was overreacting when Shen duyi hadn't even raped her? I mean, wtf! Right? 

I realised the error of my ways after that. I was asking for input from people who weren't my audience. If i had listened to them, Bai li yue would still be waiting for the sect to save her. I can't imagine what a terrible end that would have been. She'd end up marrying Shen duyi and eeww! eww! ewwwwwww! 

The horror!

Anyway... 

Back to the story.

9